http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 06:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield: 1942 Anthology bundle pack question  (Read 998 times)
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2004, 09:54:16 AM »

I recently got a cable modem, and, now that I can play it, I'm planning to pick up the Battlefield 1942 anthology that includes the original game and both expansion packs.  My question is this: does the bundle pack include all the original printed manuals?  I'm a real stickler for this, so if it doesn't, I"ll probably just by the game and the expansion packs individually.

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 10:44:06 AM »

I have the Anthology and it comes with 1 manual with 43 pages in it.  The manual is split up via game to show what maps and vehicles are in each one.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 02:20:21 PM »

dont need a manual for those games.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 04:58:29 PM »

I want one.

What are the manuals like for the original game and expansions?  Is this new 43 page one comparable?

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 06:18:38 PM »

No offense, but if you're looking for the kind of depth and complexity that requires an extensive printed manual, BF1942 probably isn't going to be your cup of tea.  I never cracked the manual once in all my time playing.

As for the add-ons, you really, REALLY don't need a manual for those.  They're basically packs of additional maps and weapons; I don't think they added any notable features.  And there are plenty of maps and weapon lists online to look at if you want info on them, some on sites that would put a printed manual to shame.  It would be like having a printed manual for the UT2K4 Community Bonus Pack.

dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 06:38:16 PM »

I just like printed manuals.  I also enjoy the demos for both BF 1942 and Secret Weapons.  I know what the games are like.  I just want printed manuals because I'm an anal completist.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: