http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 03:57:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman:Arkham City  (Read 29718 times)
forgeforsaken
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 24, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »

I'm on the 360 and I'm having the bug with the disable of the tutorials.  They just constantly enable, which is really annoying with the blade dodge one as the text takes up so much of the screen.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 25, 2011, 02:18:59 AM »

I finished the main quest (seemed shorter than the 1st game) and am running around doing side quests, etc. I think the best way to sum up my feelings is that I preferred the BATROID of Arkham Asylum to the BATMAN'S CREED of Arkham City.

I still thought this was great, but I definitely prefer the first one - a lot.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 25, 2011, 08:55:52 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 24, 2011, 11:36:43 PM

I'm on the 360 and I'm having the bug with the disable of the tutorials.  They just constantly enable, which is really annoying with the blade dodge one as the text takes up so much of the screen.

what kind of screen are you playing on?,and to be honest i have not tried to disable any of the tutorials,i always need them,but they usually disappear for me when i do the performance in the middle of the fighting and i either knock the guy out or perform the blade dodge(same goes for the aerial assault to get to guys with shields or the fast bash thing to get to guys with armour)

I love all the Easter eggs in the game also

****THIS SPOILER HAS DETAILS ON THE END OF THE GAME SO PLEASE AVOID UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED****

Spoiler for Hiden:
this is from the beginning of the game

obviously taken from 'death in the family',and a reference to the end of the game as well

and just stick this in as well for kicks

The Joker talks about 'Lost'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OESU1kW2o7c&feature=player_embedded

and also when gliding around one of the thugs can be heard saying "So I forget, did they ever tell us what the island was?"

Remember the secret room you could find in Sharp's Office in AA,well there is another secret room in AC
Secret Mystery Room

1. Before searching this room, you’ll need the upgraded Crypotgraphic Sequencer with the TYGER codes installed.
   2. Check your map. The hidden room is located on a Falcone boat, just north of the industrial district in the harbord. Look west of the two cranes hanging over the water.
   3. One the boat, step onto a raised square wooden cover near a wooden box. While standing on this square platform, use the Cryptographic Sequencer.
   4. You’ll start hacking — this is the most difficult hack in the game, at security level 5. This will take some time, so have patience.
   5. First, you’ll need to find the word “Arkham” for the first part of the password. Now, find the word “Terror” for the second word.
   6. Keep “Terror” as your second word, then change “Arkham” to “City of” as the first word.
   7. This is a tricky hack because “Terror” will only show up while “Arkham” is chosen, and “City of” will only appear while “Terror” is selected.
   8. When the password is selected, the wooden platform will slide and reveal the entrance into the barge. Jump down, and walk up to the Joker thug in the chair. To the left of the thug is a paper attached to a wooden beam.
   9. Otherwise, take a look around, or wait in front of the thug for about a minute.

I actually missed this one
Lightsaber Easter Egg
There’s a Lightsaber from Star Wars in the Circuit Box that Batman finds in the DeadShot side mission.
I’m sure I don’t need to tell anyone this is likely a reference to Mark Hamill, who voices the Joker in the game, of his role as Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars trilogy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3vViD1QNic

when you first meet up with The Joker and Harley there is a positive Pregnancy test on the desk there,and the end of the credits has Harley singing softly "Hush little baby don't say a word, Mommy's gonna kill for you the whole damn world."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PskvsuGoas

i will have to try this one as well
Secret Radio Messages

There are secret radio messages you can decode in the game when you’re looking for Riddler frequencies. If you tune to the right frequency on the radio, you’ll hear someone reading off numbers.

Station 500.00/900.00

5 15 9 7 21 18 18 14 3 5 24 15 12 7 22 3 10 5 15 9 22 3 8 25 26 15 16 25 10 15 17 25

Decoded as: “YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME”
Station 700.00/500.00

9 23 9 12 12 18 5 20 21 18 14 2 1 20 13 1 14

Decoded as: “I WILL RETURN, BATMAN”
Station 200.00/500.00

3 20 26 18 26 16 24 1 11 4 24 9 3 8 5 2 12 18 6 16 7 11 3 10 17 5 13 4 21 8

Decoded as: “I AM YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARE DARK KNIGHT. GOTHAM WAITS FOR HIS SAVIOR.”

maybe not much of Easter Egg,but remember the trailer when Hugo Strange was torturing the Tyger guard in the chair,after you have defeated all the Tyger Guards in front of the Hugo Strange TV screen,you can find the room,where the guard is still in the chair

now did you play the Catwoman episodes?,remember the choice she had to either walk off with Hugo Strange's loot or to save Batman?,well i chose the latter,she goes to the steel mill and rescues Batman under some rubble.
However,if you choose the former the game actually ends,the credits roll and Barbara sends out a distress call saying that Batman and her father are dead and Jokers forces have taken over Wayne Manor,there is a rewind button apparently,but i am glad i chose to save Bats icon_biggrin

there are also Cameo's,you all know about Calender Man underneath the courthouse

well,you can also meet up with Killer Croc by throwing a batarang through the broken gate in the sewers after dealing with Ra's Al Ghul,make sure your Batarang hits the button behind the broken gate

The Black Mask can also be seen having the shit kicked out of him a few minutes into the game (when you are playing as Wayne).
Pretty much the rest of the cameos are pretty easy to find(and i suppose are meant to be),as they come with achievements for doing their side quests

this Easter egg isn't that hard to find,and chances are you have already seen it and made the connection,which is the big Cat head on the side of a building in Park Row,which is Max Shreck's place,a reference to Batman Returns movie(which also features The Bat,The Cat and The Penguin)

some of Two Face thugs can be overheard talking and one of them says something along the lines of "so,what's next?Arkham county, Arkham Country, how about Arkham World?"

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:59:04 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:28 PM »

I don't have an extensive Friends List yet, so I'm curious what people are pulling down for scores in the Combat Challenges.  So far my best performances in the four I have unlocked are:

Blind Justice
Batman: 42,025
Catwoman: 29,670

Survival of the Fittest
Batman: 79,795
Catwoman: 65,760

Rooftop Rumble
Batman: 71,560
Catwoman: 55,975

Hell's Gate
Batman: 61,525
Catwoman: 55,845

It's interesting how Catwoman changes things up: she has fewer overall moves which lessens the Variation bonuses she can get, but she does less damage per strike which makes it easier to earn a higher combo bonus.  I'd also swear the ninjas in Hell's Gate have a hard time hitting her than Batman -- I have a much easier time countering and blade-dodging as Catwoman because she's so nimble.

-Autistic Angel
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 25, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 25, 2011, 01:57:28 PM

I don't have an extensive Friends List yet, so I'm curious what people are pulling down for scores in the Combat Challenges.  So far my best performances in the four I have unlocked are:

Blind Justice

Survival of the Fittest

Rooftop Rumble

Hell's Gate

It's interesting how Catwoman changes things up: she has fewer overall moves which lessens the Variation bonuses she can get, but she does less damage per strike which makes it easier to earn a higher combo bonus.  I'd also swear the ninjas in Hell's Gate have a hard time hitting her than Batman -- I have a much easier time countering and blade-dodging as Catwoman because she's so nimble.

-Autistic Angel

You're on my friends list and your scores are unreachable for me Tongue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »

Quote from: naednek on October 25, 2011, 02:10:26 PM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 25, 2011, 01:57:28 PM

Blind Justice

Survival of the Fittest

Rooftop Rumble

Hell's Gate

-Autistic Angel

You're on my friends list and your scores are unreachable for me Tongue

Yeah those scores are crazy good!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »

Question about credits.  Read at your peril

Spoiler for Hiden:
So, Joker singing “Only You” on Batman’s voice mail.  Is this signaling that Joker still lives?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 25, 2011, 04:46:03 PM

Question about credits.  Read at your peril

Spoiler for Hiden:
So, Joker singing “Only You” on Batman’s voice mail.  Is this signaling that Joker still lives?

I don't think so, because that message was sent 3 hours previously.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 26, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »

Quote from: JCC on October 21, 2011, 04:44:20 PM

AUGMENTED REALITY TRAINING... can go straight to hell....

This. I have no sympathy for anything bad that befalls those responsible for the ARG's.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 26, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »

I just completed the first set last night.  The third one took me a long time to get, as I didn't know where to go after divebombing the first three rings.  But I've got my grapnel boost now.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 26, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »

I've been doing some searching and the best I can find is that the only real reward you get from them is the Grapnel Boost.  in that case I'm done with them.

Because I can,
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 26, 2011, 03:38:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 26, 2011, 03:33:27 PM

I've been doing some searching and the best I can find is that the only real reward you get from them is the Grapnel Boost.  in that case I'm done with them.

NO 100% COMPLETION FOR YOU!!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on October 26, 2011, 03:38:08 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 26, 2011, 03:33:27 PM

NO 100% COMPLETION FOR YOU!!!
\

oh gosh golly darn.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 26, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »

I think i am done with the riddles as well,i have about 327 i think,but some of them i am having a lot of trouble getting and some of them you get for the various challenges that Bats and Cats do(i can't get Catwoman's last Riddler trophy which is to do two lots of super combos in one fight,tried,and can't do it for some reason)

however,i have pumped a lot of time into the game now(about 30hrs or so)and i have had a blast,it's been a great game

Roll on Arkham 3,LOL

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 26, 2011, 06:04:17 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 26, 2011, 05:29:22 PM

I think i am done with the riddles as well,i have about 327 i think,but some of them i am having a lot of trouble getting and some of them you get for the various challenges that Bats and Cats do(i can't get Catwoman's last Riddler trophy which is to do two lots of super combos in one fight,tried,and can't do it for some reason)

however,i have pumped a lot of time into the game now(about 30hrs or so)and i have had a blast,it's been a great game

Roll on Arkham 3,LOL

Arkham Planet

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »

Where Batman will go under the codename Wonko the Sane

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »

Hell, maybe Batman can go to metropolis and help out Superman.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 26, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »

I'd love for third one to do a full-fledged Gotham City.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 26, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »

I think they went way overboard with the Riddler stuff. More was not necessarily better here. I like the riddles but the trophies are clearly for sadomasochistic completionists. I still can't figure out some of the ones with the multiple pressure plates in random locations. Some require gadgets you get later on, obviously (like the line launcher), but others look only possible with gadgets I've created in my own mind and might not exist in the game.

I finally took on
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ra's last night. Talia was pretty smokin'.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:05:45 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 26, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on October 26, 2011, 06:57:56 PM

Hell, maybe Batman can go to metropolis and help out Superman.

I like the sound of this!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »

KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 26, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »

Quote from: spigot on October 26, 2011, 07:03:41 PM

I finally took on
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ra's last night. Talia was pretty smokin'.

Definitely... great job by the character modelers and animators.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 27, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »

Oh hai Catwoman, almost forgot you were in the game.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: October 28, 2011, 04:24:41 AM »

If you get all ARs, methinks I recall reading somewhere that you unlock the batwing model.

The one at the steel mill is crazyhard. I can almost get to the train. I'm thinking that using the grapnel boost just before the tunnel and flying around would be easier.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: October 28, 2011, 04:25:33 AM »

Also, the GT review is up on the front page. Since I'm tapatalking, no link for you.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 28, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »

Quick question, and forgive me if this has been answered already...I didn't feel like reading through all 13 pages.  One of the main gripes I had about the first game was that it basically forced you to play in that X-ray mode most of the time.  The Gametrailers review I watched mentioned that was an issue again, but figured I'd check with you guys.  Also, is there an Easy mode?  I simply have awful twitch reflexes...

I'm on the fence, but may grab it to play over the weekend.  I'm not really a Batman fan at all (frankly, I think he's a pretty stupid character), but this game looks to have a ton of personality and the combat looks pretty cool.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 28, 2011, 02:31:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 28, 2011, 01:59:14 PM

... I'm not really a Batman fan at all (frankly, I think he's a pretty stupid character) ...

No. You. DIDN'T.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 28, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »

Quick question, and forgive me if this has been answered already...I didn't feel like reading through all 13 pages.  One of the main gripes I had about the first game was that it basically forced you to play in that X-ray mode most of the time.  The Gametrailers review I watched mentioned that was an issue again, but figured I'd check with you guys.  Also, is there an Easy mode?  I simply have awful twitch reflexes...

I'm on the fence, but may grab it to play over the weekend.  I'm not really a Batman fan at all (frankly, I think he's a pretty stupid character), but this game looks to have a ton of personality and the combat looks pretty cool.

I almost don't want to answer you, you blasphemer.

The developers also didn't like the overuse of "detective mode" so now there are certain targets you can't see in that mode (Joker balloons, for example), and your waypoint indicator doesn't show up in that mode.  I find I'm using it about half the time.  Sometimes more, sometimes less.  It depends on how focused I am on Riddler stuff at any given moment.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »

Quote from: spigot on October 28, 2011, 02:31:08 PM

... I'm not really a Batman fan at all (frankly, I think he's a pretty stupid character) ...

No. You. DIDN'T.

icon_eek

oh Gratch.... not even I can save you from that one.  rest in peace good buddy...

Because I can,
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2011, 02:45:28 PM »

One of the main gripes I had about the first game was that it basically forced you to play in that X-ray mode most of the time.  The Gametrailers review I watched mentioned that was an issue again, but figured I'd check with you guys.

There are few changes to Arkham City that make Detective Mode less preferable: it removes most of your HUD elements, including the objective compass you use to navigate the main overworld; it wireframes the world to a greater extent than in Arkham Asylum, diminishing your depth perception; and due to changes in how all the Riddler material are handled, it's much less necessary to locate trophies.

Detective Mode is still extremely useful for tracking enemies ahead of combat and solving puzzles, but no: I'd say you'd be using it far less frequently now.

Also, is there an Easy mode?  I simply have awful twitch reflexes...

Yes, the campaign can be set to Easy which reduces the amount of damage Batman takes, increases the damage he dishes out, and grants him a much broader window to counter or evade enemy attacks by increasing their wind-up time.

That said, the Rocksteady Batman games rely more on tactics than reflexes.  Positioning is a huge factor, but the game gives you a huge advantage by allowing you to double-tap 'A' to dodge at any time.  It

• staggers most enemies when you hop over them,
  • carries you out of range of most enemy attacks,
  • maintains your combo streak,
  • gives you a free moment to decide on your next attack,
  • allows enemies time to finish their animations, which can be very useful when they're climbing to their feet or working through a long attack sequence,
  • and lets you reposition yourself on the battlefield, closing on a desired target or getting some distance from a dangerous enemy,

Always, always, always be dodging!  It's the best, most consistent move in your arsenal, and as you grow more comfortable with the timing of your other moves, you can start stringing them together for some stupendous Variation and Gadget bonuses. thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »

If you see two counter indicators, hit the button twice.  If you see three of them, hit it three times.  It changes the moves and will hit all of those threatening.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »

Also, your health fully replenishes after each battle in Easy (Hard, I think, gives you half).

The timing on Easy is too slow - I found myself having to wait longer than I wanted to.

http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/batman-arkham-city-review/

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2011, 03:00:46 PM »

I'm not really a Batman fan at all (frankly, I think he's a pretty stupid character),

But..But...It's the God Damn Batman!!

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 28, 2011, 02:45:28 PM

Yes, the campaign can be set to Easy which reduces the amount of damage Batman takes, increases the damage he dishes out, and grants him a much broader window to counter or evade enemy attacks by increasing their wind-up time.

hmm,so switching to easy mode wont help you at all with the Riddler challenges/trophies...like easier to obtain?

that could of been handy icon_confused

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 28, 2011, 02:57:04 PM

If you see two counter indicators, hit the button twice.  If you see three of them, hit it three times.  It changes the moves and will hit all of those threatening.

I didn't know that,i was just pressing it once,and he would counter all two or three...that's when i felt most like Batman at that point Tongue

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 28, 2011, 03:04:41 PM »

Hard mode turns off the spidey sense lines for counterattacks, right?

I wish there was a mode in between normal and hard.  I remember someone (Kato?) saying he liked the way hard mode in Asylum eliminated the dramatic slow-mo fight moves and made battles look & feel extra fluid.  I'd like to try playing that way, but I don't want damage ramped up or the spidey sense lines eliminated.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 28, 2011, 03:04:41 PM

I wish there was a mode in between normal and hard.  I remember someone (Kato?) saying he liked the way hard mode in Asylum eliminated the dramatic slow-mo fight moves and made battles look & feel extra fluid.  I'd like to try playing that way, but I don't want damage ramped up or the spidey sense lines eliminated.

not sure about Hard mode,but i know the spidey sense disappears for New Game +

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 28, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »

Kato said Hard mode in AC has spidey sense.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »

No, you still get spidey sense, but the window to hit Y is VERY short, and don't even think about interrupting those attacks with an "X" hit (as opposed to Easy, which gives you all the time in the world).

Normal is a good balance.

Turning off hints isn't tutorial mode, BTW- use the "X" on the Waynetech skill screen on the skill that keeps popping up to turn it off. Tutorial / Hint mode has to do with loading screens and combatting bosses (where they'll tell you to use the explosives on the platforms when fighting a certain gigantic boss, for instance).

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 28, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 28, 2011, 03:00:46 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 28, 2011, 02:57:04 PM

If you see two counter indicators, hit the button twice.  If you see three of them, hit it three times.  It changes the moves and will hit all of those threatening.

I didn't know that,i was just pressing it once,and he would counter all two or three...that's when i felt most like Batman at that point Tongue

It was one of the tips that was presented to me after dying.  It's been an issue, as the guy that writes Ctrl-Alt-Delete would attempt to counter one, and get hit by the other.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 28, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »

As long as at least one attack is incoming, there's no penalty for pressing the Counter button multiple times.  If you're in a crowd and need to hit it once, hit it three times just to be sure.

-Autistic Angel
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 28, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »

I was getting my butt laminated by 20-25 Tyger guards last night before I shut the game off (playing on normal). The battles can get a bit frustrating (especially with multiple enemy types crowding you), but when I retry them differently and win, it was always because I didn't fully utilize Batman's awesome fighting skill/gadgets optimally. The multiple counters are cool to see and some battles it just looks like Batman is flying to every corner of the room dispatching guys left and right.

There's a sequence in the Penguin's museum where you take on a f*$@ ton of enemies at once, the most I've seen thus far. Is there another battle like this? The later ones were smaller but had specialized enemy types. I think this one section had the most guys in one battle at once. I haven't even touched any of the unlocked Riddler challenge rooms yet.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:27:30 PM by spigot » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: