http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 07:27:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman:Arkham City  (Read 28753 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 22, 2011, 05:32:43 AM »

I'm liking the game a bit more, mainly when I'm doing missions.  So, I guess take out the city portion and I"m fine Tongue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:11 AM »

okay,i have managed to do that grapple boost,but its very hit and miss,sometimes works sometimes doesn't

Quote from: CeeKay on October 21, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

you can also do takedowns with the grapnel boost.

woah woah,slow down there...yeah don't think that is going to happen for a while

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 22, 2011, 03:34:34 PM »

Impressions: I Am The Goddamn Batman!! Superb presentation. Tremendous graphics. All characterization seems rock solid. The game just drips Bad-Assery! That's from an hour and half of gamiing.

Started playing on hard, and perhaps I made a mistake, as the thugs on the street are repeatedly kicking my ass. I just started to discover my gadgets--Batarangs to the face for call! Yipee!! Unlocked the Catwoman content right away but havent tried it. Detective vision is neato. You discover all sorts of fun stuff when you use it.

Will play more tonight!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 22, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »

I'm playing on Normal and get beaten more than I'd like.  Still, that's only, like, one in ten fights and usually I can pinpoint what I've done wrong.

I have to say that while I preferred the tighter gameplay of AA, I still keep coming back to this game.  As in I'm barely playing anything else.  I looked at my progress on the various side missions and I was surprised at how far along I already was.  I know I've put a ton of time into this, but it doesn't feel like it.

It's kind of like AA was something to be placed on a pedestal with a pin spot shining on it while a choir sings in the background, and this game should just be on a slightly lower pedestal next to it with diffused track lighting.  No choir necessary, but it deserves its place in the museum.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 22, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »

I agree with a lot of you,while i was overwhelmed at the beginning,the game is really starting to gel on me

Question:i keep getting Hugo Strange over the radio say things like "Protocol 10 will commence in 9 hrs"

all very well,but i have been mainly messing about in the city and not done much of the main story,last thing i did was
Spoiler for Hiden:
go looking for Freeze,who wasn't there but i have found out Penguin has him in the Museum,not been there yet though

my game progress is 10%(overall game progress= 7%)

anyway,after that again i was just messing about fighting a few thugs and looking for Riddler Trophies when Hugo Strange came on the radio again and said "Protocol 10 will commence in 7hrs"
Now i hadn't done any story related missions for a good 30 or so minutes....so have i really got a time limit here?

oh,and i really love the interrogation of the last man standing to get the Riddler secrets for that area,pretty cool idea

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 23, 2011, 05:47:12 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 22, 2011, 06:37:58 PM

Question:i keep getting Hugo Strange over the radio say things like "Protocol 10 will commence in 9 hrs"

all very well,but i have been mainly messing about in the city and not done much of the main story,last thing i did was
Spoiler for Hiden:
go looking for Freeze,who wasn't there but i have found out Penguin has him in the Museum,not been there yet though

my game progress is 10%(overall game progress= 7%)

anyway,after that again i was just messing about fighting a few thugs and looking for Riddler Trophies when Hugo Strange came on the radio again and said "Protocol 10 will commence in 7hrs"
Now i hadn't done any story related missions for a good 30 or so minutes....so have i really got a time limit here?

No, those radio messages count down according to story progress, not the passage of time.  You can spend as much time as you like running around solving riddles and beating down random street thugs without hitting a time limit.

-Autistic Angel
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 23, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »

that's good because i am now down to "Protocol will start in 2 hrs"

I am not sure i agree with reviewers who said that the bosses were too easy,i have been having a bit of a time with some of them
Spoiler for Hiden:
Solomon Grundy was a pain

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 23, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »

Actually the big guy in the basement took me a while too until I realized what to do. Then it was a five minute fight. That one's deceptive. Actually the one I hated the most was in the Chamber of the Demon (you'll know when you're there) because it's a forced flying mission. That was when I realized how much I sucked at dive bombing so it forced me to get the timing right on it. After that sequence flying has been less of an issue.

Overall after about 12 hours of play, I'm in love. The learning curve is way steep and they don't necessarily hold your hand from the start. The result is disorientation ala my earlier post. The distractions are still overwhelming in number, but if you focus on the story then you can focus on the story and that's that. Didn't get that at first but I totally get it now.  Playing through again on New Game+ is going to pwn. I haven't done the challenge maps yet but I waited to do those in the first game and I'll wait this time.

The number of characters in this is just insane, for the record. But I'm jonsing to play it right now because it's just so damn much fun.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 23, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 23, 2011, 06:00:36 PM

I am not sure i agree with reviewers who said that the bosses were too easy,i have been having a bit of a time with some of them
Spoiler for Hiden:

Regarding Bosses...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Grundy and the Lazarus pit was nothing, wait til you get to CF and the part before you know about him.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: October 24, 2011, 03:38:15 AM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 23, 2011, 10:56:57 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 23, 2011, 06:00:36 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Regarding Bosses...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Grundy and the Lazarus pit was nothing, wait til you get to CF and the part before you know about him.

Spoiler for end boss:

I didn't mind the big battle with Mista Jay - the trains wouldn't hit me, and using the quickfire for electricity on the hammer helped clear stuff out. If you use the stun on the big guy (B,B,B on 360) you get on his back and beat the crap outta everyone.

CF was a bigger PITA - the first fight was easy, the only part of the second that was the damned hammer swing, and the third part was refreshing because it reverts to a more normal combat. I died once on the second battle - then they gave me a hint on the loading screen - get CF to roll into the explosives in the corners of the room for a quick win.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2011, 03:46:02 AM »

Did you finish it already?   icon_eek

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 03:46:02 AM

I watched the whole thing on youtube. It's incredibly short, or at least feels that way compared to AA.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 24, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »

Hmmm...I'm starting to get that feeling about the main storyline.   I'm at 26 percent on that according to stats.  I think I need to veer off the beaten path and pursue some side missions for a while. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2011, 03:29:25 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 01:23:32 PM

I watched the whole thing on youtube. It's incredibly short, or at least feels that way compared to AA.

You crazy.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2011, 04:15:23 PM »

Did you finish it already?   icon_eek

I have just finished(at least the story anyway)

it was....BRILLIANT!!!! icon_biggrin

Played on Normal
its hard to judge how long it took me because i was distracted a lot and did a lot of side missions and getting collectables

gonna go for the rest of the Riddler trophies etc,but i have a feeling i wont have a chance,some of the ones i came across looked rock solid to get

I would say Storywise,AA and AC are about the same,depends on how much other stuff you do,and if you haven't got the Catwoman DLC,then its about an hour at most shorter(again storywise)

ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 24, 2011, 04:16:50 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on October 24, 2011, 03:29:25 PM

You crazy.

Is that going against the boycott? It does feel a little crooked but at least I'm not giving money to Rocksteady.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 04:16:50 PM

You crazy.

Is that going against the boycott? It does feel a little crooked but at least I'm not giving money to Rocksteady.

I sent them money for a copy on behalf of you ibdoomed.  I even included a letter telling them not to bother sending me the copy since I'm not playing it, but that I thought they should have the money since you like their game so much.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 24, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »

You crazy.

I must have missed the reason why you are boycotting them.  Is it because they did this Catwoman DLC thing to supposedly combat used games sales but then apparently struck a deal with Gamestop to include codes with used copies?  Or was it something else?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 24, 2011, 04:40:33 PM

You crazy.

I must have missed the reason why you are boycotting them.  Is it because they did this Catwoman DLC thing to supposedly combat used games sales but then apparently struck a deal with Gamestop to include codes with used copies?  Or was it something else?

That's pretty shifty too but I was more referring to delaying the PC version but not the consoles, and not only selling more copies of the console versions for practically double the price of the PC version, but then double dipping because people are too impatient to wait but want the best version. This level of greed belongs in a special place in hell with the child molesters.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 04:57:32 PM

You crazy.

That's pretty shifty too but I was more referring to delaying the PC version but not the consoles, and not only selling more copies of the console versions for practically double the price of the PC version, but then double dipping because people are too impatient to wait but want the best version. This level of greed belongs in a special place in hell with the child molesters.

You have proof that this is why they delayed the PC version how exactly?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 24, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »

This game is really fun when you get the controls down good and can whip through a group of baddies while using multiple moves and gadgets.  You really are the GD Batman!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »

This level of greed belongs in a special place in hell with the child molesters.

I swear I'm not picking on you considering that I'm questioning your sensibilities in another thread elsewhere, but good lord...the level of hyperbole you express on even the most mundane things is fascinating.  Are you the same person who went off on a tirade about steve jobs after he died?

edit:  nm, yes you were.   icon_eek
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:03:48 PM by hepcat » Logged

ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2011, 05:14:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 24, 2011, 04:58:54 PM

You crazy.

They haven't denied it. If it's for bug fixing, then why wouldn't they delay the consoles to fix their bugs too? In fact, wouldn't the opposite be easier? It's far easier to patch the PC version than the console version.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 05:02:05 PM

This level of greed belongs in a special place in hell with the child molesters.

I swear I'm not picking on you considering that I'm questioning your sensibilities in another thread elsewhere, but good lord...the level of hyperbole you express on even the most mundane things is fascinating.  Are you the same person who went off on a tirade about steve jobs after he died?

I don't understand what steve jobs has to do with batman. Was apple involved somewhere?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 05:15:43 PM

I don't understand what steve jobs has to do with batman. Was apple involved somewhere?

No, I'm simply pointing out that you seem to have an inordinate amount of anger about quite a few things.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2011, 05:46:19 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 24, 2011, 05:01:36 PM

This game is really fun when you get the controls down good and can whip through a group of baddies while using multiple moves and gadgets.  You really are the GD Batman!

I keep forgetting to use gadgets during fights.   disgust
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 24, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 05:26:36 PM

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 05:15:43 PM

No, I'm simply pointing out that you seem to have an inordinate amount of anger about quite a few things.

I must need to use smileys more, there's very little anger involved in any of my posts. If anything, it's frustration about how things could have been better if someone hadn't dropped the ball or whatever.

Let's try some smileys.   icon_lol icon_cool icon_biggrin Tongue paranoid nod icon_razz
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 24, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 05:14:51 PM

You crazy.

They haven't denied it. If it's for bug fixing, then why wouldn't they delay the consoles to fix their bugs too? In fact, wouldn't the opposite be easier? It's far easier to patch the PC version than the console version.

They also haven't denied my theory that they delayed the PC version because God told them to, doesn't make it true. 
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 24, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »

Bugs can appear on one platform and not on another.  Happens every day.

Xbox version - one platform only
PS3 version - one platform only
PC version - thousands, if not millions, of variations
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:31:34 PM by hepcat » Logged

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: October 24, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »

I've been playing this and really like it but I just suck at using the controller. I spent 30 mins doing the second VR mission and can't actually do the 3rd yet. While my brain knows what to do my fingers won't comply. Finding it very frustrating

ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 24, 2011, 06:35:04 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 06:26:31 PM

I don't know about the ps3 version but the xbox version has numerous bugs, you would think they'd fix them. It's not like they didn't have time.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 24, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 24, 2011, 06:22:06 PM

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 05:14:51 PM

Did you finish it already?   icon_eek

You crazy.

I must have missed the reason why you are boycotting them.  Is it because they did this Catwoman DLC thing to supposedly combat used games sales but then apparently struck a deal with Gamestop to include codes with used copies?  Or was it something else?

They also haven't denied my theory that they delayed the PC version because God told them to, doesn't make it true.  

But why leave the bugs in the xbox version?

Just checked the forums, it's not just the xbox version, it's both.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:38:01 PM by ibdoomed » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 06:35:04 PM

I don't know about the ps3 version but the xbox version has numerous bugs, you would think they'd fix them. It's not like they didn't have time.

are they show stopping bugs?  if so, I haven't heard about them.  most games are patched for bugs after release if they don't make the game unplayable.  the pc bugs may be show stoppers.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 24, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »

I didn't actually notice any bugs,or at least i can't recall any,what are they?

Quote from: Reemul on October 24, 2011, 06:29:44 PM

I've been playing this and really like it but I just suck at using the controller. I spent 30 mins doing the second VR mission and can't actually do the 3rd yet. While my brain knows what to do my fingers won't comply. Finding it very frustrating

I did the first 4 okay,but the advanced ones,i can't do for the life of me,there is one where you have to leap off a ledge,glide over and dive bomb to the first,go through the second and then double back on yourself(which makes me try and turn upside down),so after the second hoop,i have failed

ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 06:43:59 PM

are they show stopping bugs?  if so, I haven't heard about them.  most games are patched for bugs after release if they don't make the game unplayable.  the pc bugs may be show stoppers.

System freezes, text overwriting text by the hint system, the hint system (for moves like press BBA for something) doesn't stop when you turn off hints in the options, and loss of button function and movement stick but camera control sticks still work are the ones I've heard about.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 24, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 24, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »

If we're still talking about the game, I'm liking it a lot. Adored the first one. Just finished up the Zsasz side mission last night. The advanced AR training bits are pretty tough and the Riddler stuff is tricky and well crafted/concealed. I can take or leave the Catwoman missions, but it's nice to play a slightly different, if not mostly similar, experience.

I got all the Riddler content in first game, and I fear I may lose some hair trying to complete all the Riddler ones in this game. But I'm loving every minute if it so far.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 24, 2011, 10:21:08 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 07:09:52 PM

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 06:43:59 PM

System freezes, text overwriting text by the hint system, the hint system (for moves like press BBA for something) doesn't stop when you turn off hints in the options, and loss of button function and movement stick but camera control sticks still work are the ones I've heard about.

So you've only "heard about" them or have you experienced any yourself?  Cause I've played through the entire game and most of the side quests on the Xbox360 (probably 25+ hours), and I haven't had any bugs at all.  The only thing I've seen in your list is the subtitle text, but that's not really a bug.

If I were you I'd be careful of making it sound like this game is buggy for everyone when it's clearly not.  The main NeoGAF thread does not have many reports of people thinking the game is buggy.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 24, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »

I've been playing for about 4 days straight and I haven't seen any obvious bugs either. 
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 24, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »

No bugs for me (360) at 30+ hours of playtime.  I've also heard that at the end of a rainbow there is a leprechaun carrying a pot of gold. That's why I boycott St. Patricks day

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: