http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 08:30:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman: Arkham City  (Read 11778 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2011, 04:21:23 AM »

Bought it from Origin yesterday, installed this morning.  Every time I try and launch it, I get SecuROM giving me a 9000 error, and the game won't launch.  The only solution SecuROM offers is to reinstall the game, which I did via a complete uninstall, re-download, and reinstall.  the only thing I can find online is to disable all drive emulators, but I don't have any installed.

I sent off an email to WB support, but I'm pretty pissed.  This is why PC gaming gets a bad rap.

shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2011, 12:06:11 AM »

Started up my game again today and my save is gone.  15 hours lost.  Not sure if I'll replay or not.   Very disappointed....

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2011, 06:40:23 AM »

Quote from: shon on December 11, 2011, 12:06:11 AM

Started up my game again today and my save is gone.  15 hours lost.  Not sure if I'll replay or not.   Very disappointed....

Are you sure you logged properly into Games for Windows Live both before and this time? If you don't log in (or if GFWL for some reason isn't running in the background. You should check your system tray), your old saves won't show up AFAIK.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2011, 07:40:07 PM »

Is anyone playing this in Crossfire mode?

I'm not too thrilled with the performance, even after the patch. I've had a hard time determining if I'm not getting the performance out of a Crossfire setup because games/drivers aren't optimized for it or because my AMD Quadcore CPU is being a bottleneck (as opposed to, say, the intel i7 2600k).

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2011, 09:10:47 PM »

finished the main story today, and liked it better after a bit.  still got plenty to do on the side.  liked some of the surprise enemy appearances, but it still felt like they were trying to jam too much into the game.

had a bad feeling at the end:

Spoiler for Hiden:
when Clayface fell into the Lazarus pit.  I'm also not convinced that it was the Joker that died.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2011, 09:11:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 15, 2009, 04:51:22 PM

maybe we'll find out someone like Ras al Ghul is pulling the strings behind these events, tying them together into a third game.

Spoiler for Hiden:
ninja

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2012, 06:23:46 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 11, 2011, 06:40:23 AM

Quote from: shon on December 11, 2011, 12:06:11 AM

Are you sure you logged properly into Games for Windows Live both before and this time? If you don't log in (or if GFWL for some reason isn't running in the background. You should check your system tray), your old saves won't show up AFAIK.

I think my problem was that I turned on windows firewall and forgot that if you have then enabled then the game doesn't quite work right and somehow lost it.

I did replay the game on normal and did finish the main quest.  I did manually backup my saves just to be safe but never had the issue again.

The game was good but they needed some filler at the end because it felt very rushed plot wise. 
Hard mode was much harder than normal so I do want to try the new game plus and see how much the difficulty spikes.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2012, 09:42:30 PM »

$24.99 on Steam for the next 20 hours.  50% off retail.  That's the deal I've been waiting for.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 01, 2012, 09:42:30 PM

$24.99 on Steam for the next 20 hours.  50% off retail.  That's the deal I've been waiting for.
I was excited about the Origin sale too, but now I can't complete the installation on Origin. It hangs at the 99% mark. I logged into Windows Live OK but whatever's supposed to happen to complete installation won't happen.

I probably should've read about all the install and savegame problems here and elsewhere and taken a pass. The install meter just sits and animates at 99%, and mocks me. I love Origin indeed.  disgust icon_razz Though this may well be Windows Live's fault more than Origin.
Never mind. It took something like 20 minutes but the installer finally broke past the 99% mark and completed. Yay...

For example:
Arkham City Technical Issues (all platforms, but you can see a lot of PC version exasperation)

Oh well. At least it was only a $24.99 mistake instead of a $49.99 one.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:34:39 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2012, 03:11:18 PM »

Anyway, it seems to run well. And I think maybe cause it's more of an open world game and less of a clautrophobic interior, I'm not getting the weird "3rd person motion sickness" so far, I've sometimes gotten with stuff like the first Batman and the Dead Space games.

I'm sticking with the XBox360 wireless controller (for Windows), and it's feeling pretty comfortable for a masher like this for me, as with Amalur.

I'll look it up, but does anyone know if there were any patches for the PC version? I don't think Origin auto-updates games as Steam does (or at least, I haven't gotten a chance to see if it does, just yet).

Playing
PC
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 18, 2012, 03:11:18 PM

Anyway, it seems to run well. And I think maybe cause it's more of an open world game and less of a clautrophobic interior, I'm not getting the weird "3rd person motion sickness" so far, I've sometimes gotten with stuff like the first Batman and the Dead Space games.

I'm sticking with the XBox360 wireless controller (for Windows), and it's feeling pretty comfortable for a masher like this for me, as with Amalur.

I'll look it up, but does anyone know if there were any patches for the PC version? I don't think Origin auto-updates games as Steam does (or at least, I haven't gotten a chance to see if it does, just yet).

There is an option in Origin that you need to select in order for it to auto update games.  You can also right click on the games icon and then select check for updates.  There is a major patch that you do need as it can help running the game with Directx11, if you don't have that you will notice a lot of slowdown so you probably do have it.

Batman does play best with a controller, it's one of my top games of last year.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2012, 06:16:05 PM »

Had seen some complaints about gamesave corruption, and they seem to finally have a handle on it:
We are pleased to confirm that the second patch for the PC version of Batman: Arkham City is now available across all digital platforms. We would like to thank our community for their patience and support while we worked on these fixes.

Fixes that this patch addresses are listed below:
* Occurences of Save File Corruption
* Achievement re-locking issues
* Crossfire/SLI Issues
  - Graphical flickering
  - FPS improvements when running crossfire
* Instances of 32 bit memory problems
* Improvements to performance in cut scenes and death taunts
* Error messages removed when patching the game and improved patching process

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »

[I found the BM launcher file in the binaries folder, and was able to change resolutions OK]

At the risk of revealing how cunning I'm NOT, I'm already stuck in the game. Re: this building:

Bats is supposed to get inside to investigate it but for the life of me, I can't see a door or window or any other way to get inside. I can just swing on my little lines all over it. I'll check GameFAQs eventually but for the sake of forum conversation, thought I'd ask here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:32:56 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »

I figured it out, just took a wrong turn.  icon_smile I enjoy the open-worldness of the game, just takes some time to not being led by the nose every where.

Playing
PC
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: July 03, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »

Just finished the Harley Quinn DLC and very disappointed. $10 for maybe 2 hours is really pushing it and the story content wasn't that fulfilling.   

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: