http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 06:20:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman : Arkham Asylum  (Read 48078 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:28 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also fire the quick batarang at her repeatedly, even when her "pod" isn't open.  Over time it'll do quite a bit of damage even without critical hits.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #761 on: September 14, 2009, 11:19:35 PM »

Neat tip when using spoiler tags: Add some text before the tag so people will know whether or not it will spoil something they haven't seen. A lone spoiler tag tells you nothing until you click it, and then it's too late.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 15, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 14, 2009, 11:19:35 PM

Neat tip when using spoiler tags: Add some text before the tag so people will know whether or not it will spoil something they haven't seen. A lone spoiler tag tells you nothing until you click it, and then it's too late.

YOu'd think warning would know better.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 15, 2009, 02:20:47 PM »

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:
so it is just a brawl?  Really?  After all that cool stuff with explosive gel, detective mode, batclaws, and stuff the end is just a straight brawl? 
Any tips?  It is just kicking me.  I am sure I just need to be better at avoiding but I have tried 4-5 times and the best I have gotten is one titan down before I die. 

crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 15, 2009, 02:36:21 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on September 15, 2009, 02:20:47 PM

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:
so it is just a brawl?  Really?  After all that cool stuff with explosive gel, detective mode, batclaws, and stuff the end is just a straight brawl? 
Any tips?  It is just kicking me.  I am sure I just need to be better at avoiding but I have tried 4-5 times and the best I have gotten is one titan down before I die. 

This took me a while
Spoiler for Hiden:
Must have been 10 tries it felt like. I don't think I have many tips that you don't know, but I remember I had to constantly use the avoid button jumping around and over people then attaking - it helped me from getting hit by the other guys. Also using one of the titans to take out the common thugs was a big help. Sometimes if I got the 2 titans dazed next to each other, they would hit each other.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 15, 2009, 02:46:26 PM »

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:

that's not the final battle.  there's a bit more.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 15, 2009, 03:17:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 15, 2009, 02:46:26 PM

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:

Having read gamefaqs it is not the final battle but there is no more exploration, new gadgets, etc. at this point.  To me it feels like a 3 part battle with small cut scenes between rounds.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 15, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on September 15, 2009, 03:17:22 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 15, 2009, 02:46:26 PM

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:

Having read gamefaqs it is not the final battle but there is no more exploration, new gadgets, etc. at this point.  To me it feels like a 3 part battle with small cut scenes between rounds.

I was trying to think of a way to say that without being too spoilerific, but since you looked yeah, that's it.

Because I can,
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 15, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:

Talking about his issue in this spoiler

Spoiler for Hiden:
This drove me crazy as it takes numerous dodges to get them lined up so that they smash into each other. I tried using explosive gel (I have the proximity perk) and that worked, but it was hard to get windows to use it.
In the end lining them up and then riding them worked. After you are down to one just use the technique where you chuck the baterang at his head while he charges you (Quick throw and dodge).
Do this for two charges and on the second time he will drop or grab his head stunned allowing you to melee him

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 15, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on September 15, 2009, 04:39:15 PM

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:

Talking about his issue in this spoiler

Spoiler for Hiden:
This drove me crazy as it takes numerous dodges to get them lined up so that they smash into each other. I tried using explosive gel (I have the proximity perk) and that worked, but it was hard to get windows to use it.
In the end lining them up and then riding them worked. After you are down to one just use the technique where you chuck the baterang at his head while he charges you (Quick throw and dodge).
Do this for two charges and on the second time he will drop or grab his head stunned allowing you to melee him

About the almost-last fight:

Spoiler for Hiden:
When a titan is charging, throw a quick batarang.  The game is smart enough to throw it at him regardless of enemy proximity, etc.  He'll hit the wall and be stunned grabbing his head, etc.  Melee him at this time.  After a few hits, he'll go down on the ground allowing you to climb on his back and get in some cheap shots at the smaller guys and other titan.  I found that the game cheats a little and allows you to hit the other titan only twice before the one you're on throws you off.  Try to avoid the other titan and take out the other henchmen.  You'll be able to stay on longer and take out the pesky guys before you take out the other titan.  Don't worry about taking out every single one of the smaller guys.  The fight's over as soon as you defeat the second titan.

Don't sweat it too much.  It took me at least a good 7-10 tries before I finally beat them.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 15, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »

Finally finished it Sunday night.  I took my sweet time and enjoyed it immensely.  As it stands, it's easily my GOTY.  However, Dragon Age is coming up and may steal its thunder. 

I only grew frustrated during a boss battle twice.  Both times I just stepped away from the controller for a few minutes to think about it, then figured out what I was doing wrong and went back to complete them. 

Everything about this game is just top notch.  I'm taking a break from it for a bit, but I fully plan on going back to my finished game and pick up the rest of the riddler puzzles and the interview tapes I may have missed.  The game is so freakin' good that I actually look foward to the bonus material.   icon_wink

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 15, 2009, 06:18:40 PM »

Responding to warning's spoiler issue:

Spoiler

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 15, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 15, 2009, 06:18:40 PM

Spoiler

i think we should of had a bigger warning for that one!!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 15, 2009, 06:28:16 PM »

final battle question

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
When I got to this point, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't some sort of clever trick to make the battle easier or more interesting.  I really wanted to be able to do something like knock Joker off his throne, or maybe grapple my way up to the ledge where the thugs were dropping down from. 

It was a great game overall, but it repeats the Bane/Titan Thug battle once or twice to offten.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 15, 2009, 06:54:49 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 15, 2009, 06:18:40 PM

Spoiler

nice try, but ever since I figured that out I've been careful of spoilers  Tongue

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 16, 2009, 01:28:04 AM »

icon_mad icon_mad

Is there any way to replay videos?  I beat the game, but shut it off right afterwards because the kids came home.  Not a big deal I thought, the last section of the fight was really easy.  However when I restarted I start outside the joker house, allowed to run around the island.  No chance to redo the fight and see the video!  WTF!  Am I just SOL unless I head to Youtube?'

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 16, 2009, 01:55:15 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on September 16, 2009, 01:28:04 AM

icon_mad icon_mad

Is there any way to replay videos?  I beat the game, but shut it off right afterwards because the kids came home.  Not a big deal I thought, the last section of the fight was really easy.  However when I restarted I start outside the joker house, allowed to run around the island.  No chance to redo the fight and see the video!  WTF!  Am I just SOL unless I head to Youtube?'

dude, that SUCKS!  I don't think there's a replay feature. At least nowadays ther is YouTube. Imagine if you didn't even have that.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 16, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

Just beat it...the game that is fools Tongue!!! Easily my GOTY. No doubt. Every second was bliss...
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 17, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »

Some edited Bat suits for ya
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=92752

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 17, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »

The new DLC is up on XBLM!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: September 17, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 17, 2009, 05:01:07 PM

The new DLC is up on XBLM!

Downloading now!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 17, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »

Queued up.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 17, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 17, 2009, 04:43:37 PM

stop tormenting the consolites with stuff they can't have noobstink  Tongue

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 17, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »

AUGH!
Cannot get 30k on Intensive Treatment (extreme)
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 18, 2009, 01:28:50 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on September 17, 2009, 08:44:34 PM

AUGH!
Cannot get 30k on Intensive Treatment (extreme)

Woohoo 31k!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 18, 2009, 03:15:18 AM »

i just finished the game on normal difficulty tonight with all of the riddles, upgrades, and bios collected...fantastic game from start to finish.  i can honestly say that this is one of my favorite games that i've played in a very long time...definitely my best so far this year.  i really can't remember the last time i played a game that felt so well polished.  everything from the art design, to the story, to the gameplay and general atmosphere of the game was just spot-on perfect for what i would want from a Batman game. 

now that i've finished the story, i can dig into the challenge mode that everyone is talking so much about...can't wait to check it out icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 18, 2009, 03:23:26 AM »

Quote from: disarm on September 18, 2009, 03:15:18 AM

i just finished the game on normal difficulty tonight with all of the riddles, upgrades, and bios collected...fantastic game from start to finish.  i can honestly say that this is one of my favorite games that i've played in a very long time...definitely my best so far this year.  i really can't remember the last time i played a game that felt so well polished.  everything from the art design, to the story, to the gameplay and general atmosphere of the game was just spot-on perfect for what i would want from a Batman game. 

now that i've finished the story, i can dig into the challenge mode that everyone is talking so much about...can't wait to check it out icon_cool

Just finished too, and you basically just wrote my feelings on the game. I'll go a step further and call it one of the best games I've ever played in genre, on any platform. I'm tempted to call it a masterpiece.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 18, 2009, 03:31:28 AM »

I loved the last few clips from the riddles (just finished tonight).  Finished the Spirit of Arkham as well, which wasn't as entertaining, but was still done well.  The challenges ... I will probably never finish.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 18, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »

Yep I'm finished as well.  Great, great game.  I messed around with the challenges after doing everything else and... I dunno.  I think I'm done with the game.  I may come back to the challenges later but for now I'm not that excited by them.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 18, 2009, 11:24:43 AM »

My only real beef with the game is the "single save" system.  I would love to go back and re-do some of the battles with different techniques, but once you progress and the game autosaves.....you're screwed.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 18, 2009, 12:20:35 PM »

I've actually been spending most of my time on the challenges.

I've got 3 bats in all the ones I've unlocked so far except for a predator mission I got last night.

I figure if I don't play them before I finish, I probably never will.

Has anyone gotten the 'surprise' achievement or whatever it is...where you invert capture a guy to surprise someone else? If so where.

I finally got the 40x achievement and did so on the DLC. I racked up a 48x combo which is my longest ever.  It's amazing how HARD it is to score any points when you're not in the midst of a combo.  I hit that 48x combo and still only managed 20k points on that challenge.

Also, Kato has crazy scores.

What is your longest combo?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 18, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

For the surprise achivement, I'm pretty sure you have to have to do the invert, then cut the rope with a batarang as one of his buddies comes close.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 18, 2009, 02:21:24 PM »

Thanks Leo.

New question: there's an achievement for using all of batman's combat moves in a combo. How many does he have?

THe most I've done is 7.
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 18, 2009, 02:34:07 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on September 18, 2009, 02:21:24 PM

Thanks Leo.

New question: there's an achievement for using all of batman's combat moves in a combo. How many does he have?

THe most I've done is 7.

There are a total of 9 different variations the game recognizes.

Strike - X
Counter - Y
Stun - B
Dodge - Double tap A
Quick Batarang - Double tap Left Trigger
Quick Bat Claw - Double Tap Right Trigger
Throw - X+A  After a 5 hit combo
Standing Takedown - Y+B After another 5 hit combo
Ground Takedown - RIght Trigger + Y

And I assume you can use a regular batarang or bat claw but I find it much easier to just use the quick ones instead.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:35:52 PM by Owain » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 18, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »

Whenever I do the quick batarang it breaks the combo. I'm pretty sure I have the combo batarang unlocked too...
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 18, 2009, 03:28:11 PM »

For the Quick Batarang combo, you only need to single tap Left Trigger.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 18, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on September 18, 2009, 03:28:11 PM

Right. And it breaks the combo
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 18, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »

I just realized I barely ever used the batarangs outside of the boss fights where I needed to or the occasional switch you had to hit from a distance.  when I finally get to playing the PC version I'll have to rectify that.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 18, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on September 18, 2009, 03:28:46 PM

Are you hitting anyone with it?  If you miss, the combo breaks. 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 18, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 18, 2009, 03:50:00 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on September 18, 2009, 03:28:46 PM

Are you hitting anyone with it?  If you miss, the combo breaks. 

retard  slywink
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: