http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:35:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman : Arkham Asylum  (Read 47622 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: September 11, 2009, 09:25:08 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 11, 2009, 08:49:37 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 11, 2009, 08:19:36 PM

Somebody drive by Pete's house and break his legs so he can get caught up.

Or just take care of finishing sealing our new floors, assembling Ikea furniture, touching up paint, loading up the new cabinets, plumbing the new bathroom sink, and caulking the bathroom sink and toilet so I can catch up.  No bodily harm needed.  Fabulous

Back to applying the 2nd coat to the area I just sealed.  And then a third coat to that area plus the entryway and kitchen.  Ugh.

Pete, drop all that crap and play Batman...it delivers on the hype!
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 11, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 11, 2009, 09:25:08 PM

Pete, drop all that crap and play Batman...it delivers on the hype!

Back when Jaime's fish tank broke we ("we" meaning "I") gutted the entire first floor down to bare concrete, drywall and studs.  The re-build effort has taken all of my time (meaning 12 to 18 hours a day, seven days a week since late June) and we're on the home stretch.  I just got word that kitchen countertops go in on the 23rd, I only have a small area of tile to finish, a bunch of odds and ends, but tonight I plan on playing some video games or watching a movie, but either will involve drinking a bit of cold beer.

Unfortunately, without a job game purchases have been put on hold until further notice.  It'll have to wait until Christmas.  Or until I find another position.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 11, 2009, 10:33:47 PM »

Corrupt Save at about 45%!!!!!

This is the first game I have had a saved game get corrupt. Watch out when exiting this game. I think mine happen when I was just sitting in an area (don't think the game was saving) and exited to the dashboard.

Good thing I like the game a lot to play it again.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:14 PM »

With this game, you definitely need to make sure the autosave icon is not present while exiting.  To be safe, I even wait a few seconds after it saves.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 11, 2009, 11:43:51 PM »

That sucks, Crumsteel. All games should automatically create backup copies of their saves to fall back on.

Don't the new Jasper units have an on-board memory card? Could someone copy a save from the HD to the mem-card, as a backup?

And for PS3, I wonder if saves can be copied to any usb thumb drive.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 11, 2009, 11:51:27 PM »

Quote from: KePoW on September 11, 2009, 10:42:14 PM

With this game, you definitely need to make sure the autosave icon is not present while exiting.  To be safe, I even wait a few seconds after it saves.

it's the same save system as demon's souls, which also screwed some people over. safest of all is to quit using the in-game menu, & then exit...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 12, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »

Yeah, I lost my first game as well.  Not that far along, though...

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 12, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »

Yeah, I lost my save on the second to last fight. At least I has a blast playing it again
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 12, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »

This game is all kinds of awesome.  It never gets old using those gadgets.  I would love to see a sequel that takes place in Gotham and involves all the major criminals.

With that save thing.  Just use multiple saves.  I do that for every game I play.  It's standard operating procedure.  I usually rotate among at least three different saves.  Just in case.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 12, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on September 12, 2009, 01:02:40 PM

This game is all kinds of awesome.  It never gets old using those gadgets.  I would love to see a sequel that takes place in Gotham and involves all the major criminals.

With that save thing.  Just use multiple saves.  I do that for every game I play.  It's standard operating procedure.  I usually rotate among at least three different saves.  Just in case.

You only get one save.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 12, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »

Alright, in order to hit 100% do you have to at least make it through each of the challenges? I found all the Riddler things (and I love the final Arkham clue, not to mention "I'm the world's greatest detective!" WHAM! icon_lol) but I'm still only at 90%. I have several Predator challenges I haven't started yet along with the final fight. Is that it for 100%?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 12, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »

For 100% I think you have to get all three medals for each challenge. 
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 12, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 12, 2009, 05:09:20 PM

For 100% I think you have to get all three medals for each challenge. 

I noticed my completion percentage would go up if I added a medal to a challenge, so this is correct.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 12, 2009, 10:44:37 PM »

I got back to where I was before the corrupt save, then....
Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it was during the 3rd scarecrow part and thought my xbox and/or game was done for... scared me.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2009, 11:31:35 PM »

Quote from: crumsteel on September 12, 2009, 10:44:37 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it was during the 3rd scarecrow part and thought my xbox and/or game was done for... scared me.

Spoiler for Hiden:
that got me as well,because the screen went exactly like that when my machine went RRoD a few months ago...not sure if its the same on the PS3,but surely they did that on purpose(copying the exact screen interference i mean,not just making it look like something random went wrong)...making that Scarecrow part,the scariest of all 3,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2009, 11:49:57 PM »

A Poison Ivy question:

Spoiler for Hiden:
After the 3rd round of fireballs then vines, is it possible to dodge her second fireball and still get off the batarang? Every time I try fireball hits me. Should I not use the dodge/roll? By the second part of the fight, I'm usually down to half health or less.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2009, 12:41:47 AM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on September 12, 2009, 11:49:57 PM

A Poison Ivy question:

Spoiler for Hiden:
After the 3rd round of fireballs then vines, is it possible to dodge her second fireball and still get off the batarang? Every time I try fireball hits me. Should I not use the dodge/roll? By the second part of the fight, I'm usually down to half health or less.

Spoiler for Hiden:
one thing that helped me finally beat ivy was taking advantage of moving forward & back, rather than just side to side. when she'd open up (?!), if i could move from back to front, her fireballs just missed me a lot of the time...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2009, 01:49:23 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 12, 2009, 11:31:35 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
that got me as well,because the screen went exactly like that when my machine went RRoD a few months ago...not sure if its the same on the PS3,but surely they did that on purpose(copying the exact screen interference i mean,not just making it look like something random went wrong)...making that Scarecrow part,the scariest of all 3,LOL

Spoiler for Hiden:
Damn right that was the scariest part. All I could could think was, Oh Shit. I just played this twice for the damn xbox to break or the save to screw up again. My heart was racing!!!!!!

It should not be aloud for a game to play this kind of trick. 
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2009, 06:27:53 AM »

Just finished it on Medium, about 76% complete.  Still have some Riddler stuff to go.  I don't know that I'll ever get all of the challenges done.  Kato, on the other hand, is a freaking beast!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 12, 2009, 02:20:35 PM

You only get one save.

True, but you could copy that one save off more than once. I copy mine to a thumb drive when I remember to and one could do that to more than one if you really wanted to go to that trouble. I'm wondering if I can rename it and copy it back so it would be recognized in one of the other slots rather than needing to overwrite all the time? Have to give that a shot today.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »

Quote from: crumsteel on September 13, 2009, 01:49:23 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 12, 2009, 11:31:35 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Damn right that was the scariest part. All I could could think was, Oh Shit. I just played this twice for the damn xbox to break or the save to screw up again. My heart was racing!!!!!!

It should not be aloud for a game to play this kind of trick.  

Spoiler for Hiden:
I had already read about the Scarecrow F'up in a general way, and it still scared the shit out of me.

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 13, 2009, 06:27:53 AM

Just finished it on Medium, about 76% complete.  Still have some Riddler stuff to go.  I don't know that I'll ever get all of the challenges done.  Kato, on the other hand, is a freaking beast!

Kato is making me not even try... crybaby

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

And... done. 92%. No way can I get those higher level combos necessary on fights. I managed to gold one or two and came close on a few others but sweet Jesus. Even when you're perfect something happens to catch you eye then WHAM! Get hit. Also, some of the moves required on the predator challenges I just cannot pull off at all. I could always hit YouTube and watch the videos as a type of training video, but I'm just not going to play it for a while. Then I'll go back and play through it on Hard. My GOTY for 2009.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 13, 2009, 01:21:59 PM

You only get one save.

True, but you could copy that one save off more than once. I copy mine to a thumb drive when I remember to and one could do that to more than one if you really wanted to go to that trouble. I'm wondering if I can rename it and copy it back so it would be recognized in one of the other slots rather than needing to overwrite all the time? Have to give that a shot today.

How did you do this? I assume you are on the PS3 version. I put a thumb drive in, and went to Game\Save Games and then Options/Copy. It just says for me to insert storage device at the save location.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 13, 2009, 05:43:49 PM »

Just finished it on Medium, about 76% complete.  Still have some Riddler stuff to go.  I don't know that I'll ever get all of the challenges done.  Kato, on the other hand, is a freaking beast!

I can't help myself.  As soon as I see one of my GT friends get close to my score, I just have to increase the gap  ninja

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 13, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 13, 2009, 05:43:49 PM

I can't help myself.  As soon as I see one of my GT friends get close to my score, I just have to increase the gap  ninja

Did you pass my score on Sewer Bat Extreme yet?

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2009, 05:45:13 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 13, 2009, 05:44:28 PM

Lol, I'm doing that one right now...... (edit: I finally passed your score by 2000..that was hard)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 06:17:37 PM by USMC Kato » Logged

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2009, 09:27:50 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on September 13, 2009, 05:45:13 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on September 13, 2009, 05:44:28 PM

Lol, I'm doing that one right now...... (edit: I finally passed your score by 2000..that was hard)

I was actually surprised when I passed your score by as much as I did!

Sadly, I only rented the game, so I won't be able to try to pass you again.

MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 13, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »

Quote from: Jeff on September 13, 2009, 05:00:13 PM

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 13, 2009, 01:21:59 PM

You only get one save.

How did you do this? I assume you are on the PS3 version. I put a thumb drive in, and went to Game\Save Games and then Options/Copy. It just says for me to insert storage device at the save location.

Yes, PS3. Not quite sure what that means. When you put your thumb drive in, did it show up under the Photos, Music and Videos menus as a valid source? It should and helps show it is being recognized first. When I then went to my BAA game save, hit triangle for options and then 'Copy', one of the copy destinations listed was my thumb drive. And then just selected it. The copy back is pretty much the same, find it on the thumb drive and copy. You don't have any control over exactly where it goes in both places, btw, but that should be all there is to it.

-craig

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 13, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 13, 2009, 11:04:18 PM

Yes, PS3. Not quite sure what that means. When you put your thumb drive in, did it show up under the Photos, Music and Videos menus as a valid source? It should and helps show it is being recognized first. When I then went to my BAA game save, hit triangle for options and then 'Copy', one of the copy destinations listed was my thumb drive. And then just selected it. The copy back is pretty much the same, find it on the thumb drive and copy. You don't have any control over exactly where it goes in both places, btw, but that should be all there is to it.

Thanks. For some reason mine's not showing up. It's a brand new Kingston data traveler, pretty standard fare. so not sure why it's not being recognized.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 13, 2009, 11:23:07 PM »

I would love to get 100% (currently at 94%), but man those combat challenges are gonna be tough!
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 13, 2009, 11:31:59 PM »

Beat the game today. What a great ride, not have I been that in to a game since bioshock. I only got 65% but I am happy with that. I don't feel a need to try and solve all the riddles or do the challenges - the game and story it self was great.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #751 on: September 14, 2009, 04:31:20 AM »

Quote from: crumsteel on September 13, 2009, 11:31:59 PM

Beat the game today. What a great ride, not have I been that in to a game since bioshock. I only got 65% but I am happy with that. I don't feel a need to try and solve all the riddles or do the challenges - the game and story it self was great.

The riddles are part of the story, and in a very satisfying way. You'll see what I mean if you get them all. smile
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 14, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »

As expected the first DLC is new challenge maps, one of each type:

http://kotaku.com/5359021/insane-night-brings-two-new-challenge-maps-to-arkham-asylum
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 14, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »

Quote from: Jeff on September 13, 2009, 11:20:26 PM

Thanks. For some reason mine's not showing up. It's a brand new Kingston data traveler, pretty standard fare. so not sure why it's not being recognized.

Any chance it's not formatted as FAT32? That's required for the PS3 to 'see' it properly.

-craig

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 14, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 14, 2009, 06:47:17 PM

Quote from: Jeff on September 13, 2009, 11:20:26 PM

Any chance it's not formatted as FAT32? That's required for the PS3 to 'see' it properly.

I think that's it, it's probably formatted NTFS. I'll check that, thanks for the tip.

edit: yep, just checked, it was NTFS, reformatting it FAT32.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:35:05 PM by Jeff » Logged
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 14, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »

Just got the waynetech bypasser thing.

Awesome.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 14, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on September 12, 2009, 11:49:57 PM

A Poison Ivy question:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Yup - one thing to keep in mind is that you can dodge the fireballs simply by walking; you don't need to run.   You can also hold down the left trigger and stay locked on while you walk to maximize how quickly you throw your batrang after dodging the last fireball.   Just dodge all of the fireballs she throws at you, and fire off your batrang after the last one misses.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: September 14, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »

About Poison Ivy:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I had a really hard time with her until I realized I could fire my batarangs at her without aiming. If I tried to aim, I would be hit by the fireballs. If I just fired without aiming, I could dodge them with ease. The fight got MUCH easier once I realized this.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 14, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on September 14, 2009, 07:58:20 PM

Just got the waynetech bypasser thing.

Awesome.

I bet he has that baby modified to play PSP games when he's bored on stakeouts.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 14, 2009, 08:51:30 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 14, 2009, 08:40:18 PM

About Poison Ivy:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I had a really hard time with her until I realized I could fire my batarangs at her without aiming. If I tried to aim, I would be hit by the fireballs. If I just fired without aiming, I could dodge them with ease. The fight got MUCH easier once I realized this.

Spoiler for Hiden:
 This is true under almost every circumstance- the game is quite intelligent about the use of the auto-aim for the batarang and batclaw.  For example, if you are fighting both Titans and normal badguys and you fire off a quick batarang, it will by default target the Titan.  Also works for environmental interaction as well.  Generally there is very little reason to use the targeting modes of those gadgets.  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: