http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 05:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baten Kaitos - Longest Ending Evah  (Read 443 times)
Crawley
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2006, 04:42:58 PM »

So for the last few weeks my wife has been hogging the TV playing Baten Kaitos (GC). She doesn't play console RPGs often but for some reason this one clicked with her and she played it religously. 71 gaming hours later she gets to the final boss (which you fight like 3 or 4 times previous to this meeting). I was pretty impressed with the opening cinematic so I decided to sit and watch to catch the end cinematic.

She kills the thing after about at 15 minute battle and the in-game dialogue to wrap everything up starts. I happened to look at the clock and it was about a quarter to 10:00pm.

After about 30 minutes of endless dialogue I decided to take a hike. There were some in-game cut sequences but they didn't have much eye candy and were not very interesting to watch (at least from someone who wasn't following the game that closely). So at around 10:20 I hear upstairs to watch a bit of TV.

As I'm watching TV I hear "Oh!", "Yay!" and "I don't want to kill her!" and all sorts of exclimations from my wife.  

At 11:00 she finally came up and proudly proclaimed she finished the game. I asked her if there were any cinematics at the end which I got the response "What does that mean?" So after explaining it to her she finally told me "No."

So the ending took over an hour to play out and didn't even finish with a cool cinematic. I've never played a game where the ending was so long. And while it seems cool to have an hour long ending in this case it seemed dragged out and you weren't getting much bang for your buck.  

I saw a sequel was due out at some point and god help me that thing better be short or I've lost the TV for another 3 weeks.

Anyways just wanted to share for those of you who were thinking of subjecting yourself to trying to complete this game what lies in store.
Hapfloyde
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 06:43:07 PM »

Dont' know about actual endings, but the roll call at the end of the original Turok went on for aproxometly 2 hours and seemed to give credit to every individual in mainland china.

Ha, ha, ha. You have struck Hercules!
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 01:13:42 AM »

Quote from: "Hapfloyde"
Dont' know about actual endings, but the roll call at the end of the original Turok went on for aproxometly 2 hours and seemed to give credit to every individual in mainland china.

I remember that ending. It really did seem to roll on forever. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: