http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:02:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baten Kaitos II Screens  (Read 1041 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2005, 03:30:38 PM »

http://www.consolegold.com/screenshots/index.php?GameID=4237

Its announced for 2006 for Japan...let's hope it comes over here!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 03:44:21 PM »

I'd be surprised if it didn't.  The game actually sold better in the US than in Japan.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 03:57:18 PM »

God, the first game was absolutely horrid. I can't believe Namco's making a sequel to it.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:00:57 PM »

Horrid no....mind numbingly boring?  yes.  I had to force myself to play..*sigh*  And I liked the game concepts.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 04:19:16 PM »

I never played it, but it looks pretty.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 04:22:34 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
God, the first game was absolutely horrid. I can't believe Namco's making a sequel to it.

BK was one of the few games last year that I acutally enjoyed.  It got fairly monotonous about 18 hours in, (I never did actually finish it), but I really enjoyed it.  It is still one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen.  

Well, I should quantify that by saying I really enjoyed it after turning the voices off.  That was quite possibly the worst voice acting ever recorded.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 04:53:22 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
Well, I should quantify that by saying I really enjoyed it after turning the voices off.  That was quite possibly the worst voice acting ever recorded.

I'm shocked to hear this after Namco/Nintendo making such a big deal over the 'quality' of the voice actors.

Hurrah for Resident Evil quality voice work! biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 06:25:26 PM »

I'm about halfway through and really enjoying the first game.  It has the best graphics/music combination I've seen in an RPG in a long time.  The voice acting is mediocre, but I've heard much worse.  The card-based battles are fun, and the random allotment of cards makes the battles less monotonous than in other RPGs.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 07:04:54 PM »

I was playing this before it got bumped for Fire Emblem. (which is awesome)

I really really liked the combat a lot. I liked the card system, though I didn't like the timer. (I wouldn't mind a timer if it was longer) I also really enjoyed the graphics a lot. But the writing and the voice acting were blech. I do plan to return to it though.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 10:40:06 PM »

I only got baten kaitos a few weeks ago, and at 45 hours in I still haven't finished.  I actually like the game quite a bit.  I have only 2 complaints:  The voice acting, and the character development.  For some reason I have a hard time actually caring about them.  Except for Lyude, for some reason I liked his backstory.  Anyway, I'm sure by the time it comes out in the US I'll be entrenched in the next gen consoles too much to notice.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 11:47:37 PM »

Yep voice acting was pretty atrocious.  I played about 18 hours or so, hit a game-killer for me, and just decided to stop for some reason.

It's an enjoyable game though.  Hope they improve upon some gameplay mechanics with the sequal!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 01:18:30 AM »

I probably would have kept playing if it wasn't for that damn timer.  The further you progress in the game, the shorter amount of time you have to select your cards.  You get to point of having less than 2 seconds to play a card, and choosing the wrong one could be disasterous.  Had they removed that one gameplay mechanic, BK would have been a much more enjoyable game.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 04:53:54 PM »

Quote from: "JCC"
I was playing this before it got bumped for Fire Emblem. (which is awesome)

I really really liked the combat a lot. I liked the card system, though I didn't like the timer. (I wouldn't mind a timer if it was longer) I also really enjoyed the graphics a lot. But the writing and the voice acting were blech. I do plan to return to it though.

that's the one part that annoyed me about the game...I did enjoy the card battling concept most of the time, but why did they have to mix in defence and attack cards into the same deck?  I hated it when I was attacking and all I had were defence items....that and it didn't give you enough time to play your cards...

aside from that, everything else about the game was really well done
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 05:11:44 PM »

I'll concur, your defense cards and offense cards should've been separated, but then again that hurts the strategy of deck building to a degree.

The timer stinks but if you practice you can get fast.

Story was okay, I am about 60% through, but it takes a comittment to play. Hopefully the sequel will tweak things.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: