http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 10:53:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baten Kaitos 2 coming to US  (Read 524 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:38:05 PM »

According to IGN, Nintendo will be bringing Baten Kaitos 2 to the US later this year.  biggrin

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:43:04 PM »

I just hope it is better paced than the first one.  BK1 was very good, but the pacing kept putting me to sleep, literally.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 10:07:30 PM »

If they got rid of the card timer, Baten Kaitos would be one of my favorite RPG's ever.  The graphics and music were simply beautiful, the story was decent, and the battle card mechanic was a blast.   That damn card timer took all the fun out of it at the higher levels, though.  Having 2 seconds to choose a card made it much more frantic and frustrating than it needed to be, and I never did make it all the way through.

Hopefully they find better voice actors as well.  Thankfully you could turn the VO off, otherwise I wouldn't have made it nearly as far as I did.  The VO work was Hall of Shame material for sure.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 02:26:52 AM »

From what I've read, they're doing a pretty big overhaul of the combat system, but I don't know if the timer will be gone or not.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 05:43:55 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, combat is becoming even quicker.  Like Gratch, I was unhappy with how fast the late game forced you to make decisions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: