http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 11:13:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts  (Read 4057 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 16, 2008, 04:43:23 PM

i still havent taken this out of its wrapper yet as i am still trying to get my code,if i dont get it its going back

GAME have said they werent supplied with the code and that i should take it up with microsoft,so i sent an email to MS and got this reply
..i have bolded the part that makes me proud to be of the same race as these people

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting XBOX Support Team. 

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your console. Having reviewed your email, the fastest and most effective way to resolve this type of issue is to go online at:

Ask XBOX Interactive Agent.

MS XBOX Online Support Knowledge Base.

If you have tried these and you are still having the same issue, you may find that your console is in need of repair or a service.

To create a repair order please go to https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx where you can sign in using your Windows Live ID. Alternatively if you prefer, please give us a call on the Customer Support Number below where one of our representatives will be happy to help.

Regards,

XBOX E-Mail Support Team.

love it(!) finger

EDIT:the woman on the phone(MS) told me to open the game package up incase the code was in there...it wasnt(i didnt think it would be)..so she says i will get a telephone response in 24-48hrs

as i have now opened the case.i may as well play it icon_lol

i better get a code now,or else my warranty has gone out the window,and i wont be able to exchange it..for the usual FPS typical game thats also out Tongue

Thank you for posting to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about your problems with [INSERT CONSOLE COMPANY NAME].

Here is your response: [INSERT RESPONSE WITH OPTIONAL AMUSING ELEMENT]

I hope your issue is resolved in a way that is satisfactory to you.  And fuck [INSERT CONSOLE COMPANY NAME].

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2008, 07:02:39 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 16, 2008, 04:32:40 PM

I picked it up, just to get the original game.  The worst part is, the guy was just goingt to give me the code, but my "morals" kicked in, and I had to buy the whole shebang.  Stupid morality. 

Anyway, I'm loving the original to pieces.  Is that a pun?  The new one just feels empty and a little frustrating, but I'll agree with Engine, the demo really doesn't give you a good impression.  There's a lot to do in the main town (my favorite part so far).  I've only done the first world so far, and that was easing you in, but it felt a little too big for the limited choices of activities/things to find.  I really wish there were more doodads to collect.  The first game feels like it's chock full of collectables - there's always something to do.  The first world has a lot of ground to cover just finding the little pointy-nosed guy.  None the less, I am enjoying more than I thought I would.  Part of the trick is letting the platformer thing go.  If you think of it as a racing challenge game, it's better.

Yeah, I agree that the main town is my favorite part.  The way that they spread out the activities over multiple acts in each zone is a bit goofy and sparse, but I guess it allows them to use the same characters for different challenges and not overcrowd the map with them and Jinjos?  I dunno.

Speaking of Jinjos, you should soon be able to get the Goggle-o-Spy or somesuch, which is a really fast first-person helicopter that lets you spy the Jinjos on the map.  It work surprisingly well once you figure out how to use it.

One thing that is a bit weird is that there are secrets that are never really explained.  In the main town you will see big eggs of different colors hidden around the map and I have no idea what to do with them yet.  There are also the Jinjos you can release from the prisons and the never-mentioned black/grey Minjos that you can find, capture and put back in them.  I've also found some big red eggs with question marks on them in the Banjoland map, but when you break them open it just releases some sort of magnetic cube enemy.  Weird.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »

okay i have been playing it for the last hour or so...and ...i am enjoying it

it does have that Mario 64 feeling to it,i am loving the graphics and cut scenes,the text does seem better,not sure if that is because of the update i had to install when i first put the game in or what(i thought it wasnt gonna be for a few more weeks yet)..i just wish some of the text could stay on the screen for a few seconds more,i still dont have time to read it all,apart from the text that progresses when i press A

being a Banjo Virgin,at the beginning i was a little lost,the bired was telling me to use a certain skill..as i was truggling to get up a hill with me being a fat bear an all,didnt know what it was going on about and tried pressing all the buttons but nothing happened so i take it i wasnt meant to use the skill

the vehicle creation thing i havent really got into yet,and not sure that part of the game even appeals to me,but i like riding around town and getting out to get some of the harder to reach music notes

i have unlocked 3 doors,tow on thefirst building and another in another part of town(got the achievement next-next gen..something about a LOGBOX 720,lol)

i love how the other part of town opened up,and then there was much more to go explore

i am figureing some of the characters are prolly from the first two games,so perhaps i would be liking it even more seeing all the old faces(this is why i wanted my damn code,so i could play the first game)..but right now,i am certainly just getting to grips with it...hopefully it can keep me entertained,and not get tedious like most platform type games get

EDIT:oh,and i took a photo and uploaded it to Banjo-Kazooie.com,i was hoping to post the pic here,but it appears the photo showroom isnt running yet on the site..but once it is,expect to see lots of photos

http://banjo-kazooie.com/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:44:52 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 09:00:46 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 16, 2008, 07:02:39 PM

One thing that is a bit weird is that there are secrets that are never really explained.  In the main town you will see big eggs of different colors hidden around the map and I have no idea what to do with them yet.  There are also the Jinjos you can release from the prisons and the never-mentioned black/grey Minjos that you can find, capture and put back in them.  I've also found some big red eggs with question marks on them in the Banjoland map, but when you break them open it just releases some sort of magnetic cube enemy.  Weird.

They're just secrets that'll require you to play the game via BC on the Xbox 720 or something in order to unlock.  icon_twisted

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2008, 03:54:47 AM »

So, I didn't wind up receiving this from Amazon this weekend. With that and the Live problems, the one gaming bright spot was that I was able to put a really good chunk of time into XBLA Banjo Kazooie. I've got in the area of 16 hours into the game and still have 2 worlds to open up. I'm trying to go for full completion, and doing really well at that, although I have a feeling I'm going to need a guide to do that last little bit of cleanup.

Compared to games like Spyro or Mario 64, there is much less emphasis on killing enemies and much more emphasis on solving the puzzles that hide the collectibles. And the puzzles are often really clever, such that I get a nice feeling of accomplishment when figuring them out, if not just smiling.

Like I said before, this game looks really good in HD. Sure, it's low-poly, but it's crystal-clear. The camera is a big source of frustration, however. It's absolutely maddening sometimes. The controls can be a little muddy as well, causing trouble hitting the mark you mean to hit. But there's definitely a lot to like if you are into 3D platformers.  I hope the bring the sequel to Live as well.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2008, 05:31:19 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 17, 2008, 03:54:47 AM

I hope the bring the sequel to Live as well.

Not until they release Banjo Kazooie: Taxes & Spreadsheets.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008, 06:34:06 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 17, 2008, 05:31:19 AM

Actually, it looks like a press release came out in september that said it was coming early 2009.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2008, 01:22:29 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 17, 2008, 06:34:06 AM

Actually, it looks like a press release came out in september that said it was coming early 2009.

Hopefully, it'll link up with the original like the N64 games.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »

done quite a bit now,the constant timed challenges and what have you are starting to annoy me..and that xlog720 world is terrible

other than that i am loving showdown world the most,the game worlds you go to are places i just dont want to go,playing around showdown world reminds me off Mario 64 AND Mario Sunshine,i think i only have one more world(perhaps two)to unlock,but have plenty of challenges to do yet

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2008, 03:59:06 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 17, 2008, 01:22:29 PM

I think wires are crossed there.  I'm pretty sure the sequel he's talking about is an N64 game: Banjo Tooie, not a sequel to Nuts & Bolts.

Metal - the Logbox 720 was my least favorite zone as well.  It was cool for about 10 minutes and then just got annoying since it is designed in such a vertical way.  I used a little helicopter for most of that so I could go between the levels easily.  Of course I think a second set of doors will open up for that (if they haven't already), but I'm busy with the other zones for now.

Also, has anyone else beat Klungo's arcade game?  That second to last level was giving me fits!  The worst part was getting nearly through it and then getting the silly "assert lockup".  That was funny a couple times on the early levels, but not on something I had to play over and over for a half hour. 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed (I didn't for a long time), if you are playing a "LOG's Choice" game be sure to look around the starting area for a cardboard box that has Mumbo's Motors on it.  If you pick that up and drop it a new part will come out that you can attatch to the vehicle, most likely another engine or something to make the challenge easier. 

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2008, 04:32:13 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 17, 2008, 03:59:06 PM

I think wires are crossed there.  I'm pretty sure the sequel he's talking about is an N64 game: Banjo Tooie, not a sequel to Nuts & Bolts.

I thought he was talking about Banjo Tooie and the "stop n' swop" feature. Although it was my understanding that "stop n' swop" didn't work on the N64. It is supposed to work with the arcade games. I think I saw one of the secret areas yesterday when I was playing. It was a room I couldn't get into and there was a big key rotating inside it.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 17, 2008, 04:32:13 PM

I thought he was talking about Banjo Tooie and the "stop n' swop" feature. Although it was my understanding that "stop n' swop" didn't work on the N64. It is supposed to work with the arcade games. I think I saw one of the secret areas yesterday when I was playing. It was a room I couldn't get into and there was a big key rotating inside it.

Yep, no wires crossed here.  There are areas in the first Banjo Kazooie that only opened up after Banjo Tooie came out.  I never played them, so I don't know how it worked.  I do hope it works with the XBLA releases, though.

EDIT TO ADD:  Well, I found one of the eggs on the Treasure Cove level, and Banjo announced that it'll unlock something in Nuts & Bolts!  I wonder how they'll work that out with Tooie.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:29:04 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »

hmm,i found an egg today on Nuts N bolts...can't remember where,and i just knocked it over(it was on a kind of stand),i think i was in the middle of doing something so kinda ignored it...i'll have a look for it again when i am next on

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 17, 2008, 04:37:13 PM

Yep, no wires crossed here.  There are areas in the first Banjo Kazooie that only opened up after Banjo Tooie came out.  I never played them, so I don't know how it worked.  I do hope it works with the XBLA releases, though.

EDIT TO ADD:  Well, I found one of the eggs on the Treasure Cove level, and Banjo announced that it'll unlock something in Nuts & Bolts!  I wonder how they'll work that out with Tooie.

Nuts, I have 100% in that area and I don't think I found that. I did get a notice that I had unlocked a gamer picture when I was in that level, but that might not be related to level but because I had reach some threshold of collecting. Not sure.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2008, 12:01:36 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 17, 2008, 10:13:09 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 17, 2008, 04:37:13 PM

Nuts, I have 100% in that area and I don't think I found that. I did get a notice that I had unlocked a gamer picture when I was in that level, but that might not be related to level but because I had reach some threshold of collecting. Not sure.

I actually just got that gamerpic, too.  It's unrelated.  Let's see if spoiler tags are working yet:

Spoiler for Hiden:
It's inside the tall mountain that's out in the water.  You have to jump up a series of alcoves to get to it.

Nope.  Not yet.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2008, 03:32:07 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 18, 2008, 12:01:36 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
It's inside the tall mountain that's out in the water.  You have to jump up a series of alcoves to get to it.

Well, that's ok, I had no idea they were there, so at least that brought them to my attention. It's kind of odd that I managed to get 3 or 4 worlds 100% without coming across one. They didn't show up in game progress until I grabbed the egg you revealed, and then it showed that there were 7. The floating key I mentioned before turned out to be one, and when I went back to get it, I could suddenly reach it, where before I couldn't. I don't understand that.

I'm now 100% on all 7 worlds I've been to except for 1 darn honeycomb in Clanker's Cavern. I can't believe it, I've searched everywhere. There is one thing I am still wondering about in the area, but I don't know if it's just a red herring. It will suck if I have to look at a guide to find that one thing. I came very close to getting stuck after the 7th world, but I finally figured it out - that was very tricky and felt very good to solve.

I got N&B and loaded it up for like 15 minutes. I thought the intro was hilarious, especially the first achievement.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »

OK, curiouser and curiouser - I was just reading about the history of stop n swop and found out why I didn't find the egg in the cove world before. It's because the mountain was submerged every time I went there. When I went back there yesterday, it had emerged. My only guess is that it appeared because I used one of the cheat codes I found in the game. Bullwinkle, had you used a cheat code before you found the mountain?

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 18, 2008, 03:36:39 PM

OK, curiouser and curiouser - I was just reading about the history of stop n swop and found out why I didn't find the egg in the cove world before. It's because the mountain was submerged every time I went there. When I went back there yesterday, it had emerged. My only guess is that it appeared because I used one of the cheat codes I found in the game. Bullwinkle, had you used a cheat code before you found the mountain?

Not at all.  Just saw it out there in the water and thought I'd fly over and check it out.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2008, 03:57:15 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 18, 2008, 03:54:40 PM

Quote from: Teggy on November 18, 2008, 03:36:39 PM

Not at all.  Just saw it out there in the water and thought I'd fly over and check it out.

Wow, that is really weird - I wonder what triggered the mountain to rise for me and the other place to become unblocked.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »

Ah, I found out the info - having a Nuts & Bolts save on your HD is what reveals the hidden places, which would explain why I couldn't get to them until yesterday.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 18, 2008, 04:17:31 PM

Ah, I found out the info - having a Nuts & Bolts save on your HD is what reveals the hidden places, which would explain why I couldn't get to them until yesterday.

That makes an entire amount of sense.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »

So I just read that in the N64 version of BK you had to collect all the notes in each world in one shot or they would reappear. I'm all for playing games as they were originally intended, but I'm glad they changed that.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2008, 05:59:07 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 17, 2008, 04:00:26 PM

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed (I didn't for a long time), if you are playing a "LOG's Choice" game be sure to look around the starting area for a cardboard box that has Mumbo's Motors on it.  If you pick that up and drop it a new part will come out that you can attatch to the vehicle, most likely another engine or something to make the challenge easier. 

Do you get to keep these parts?

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2008, 06:07:18 PM »

I've finally picked this up last night! So far I've only played the N64 remake for XBLA, but man was I impressed with it. It's been years since I played it with my nephew and I'd forgotten just how great it was. I'm having 2nd thoughts abut N&B though, since I was under the impression it had some offline mplay. My kids were asking for Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise which has 2-player co-op, so I'm thinking they won't be too happy with this. I can't believe Rare released a game targeted at an E-10 audience and only offered online mplay; very foolish IMO. I think I'm going to exchange this for VP:TiP and make this a rental instead.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 06:10:35 PM by kronovan » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: