http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 05:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts  (Read 4087 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:32:32 PM »

The demo is up on XBLM. 

Just finished downloading.  I'll try to get back with a report soon.

EDIT TO ADD:

Well, I've started.  I'm not far enough in to say how I feel yet.  The collecting center in my brain is being triggered, but something feels off.  It could be the framerate, which is fine, but is at 30 fps.  That seems to be a next-gen Rare standard, but it always feels a little clunky to me.  Things look nice, at least.  The controls seem pretty good, so it's not that.  It's probably that the dialogue goes flying by a little fast, and there's no explanatory cut scene, so I'm not really sure why I'm doing the things I'm doing.  I have no doubt that won't be a problem in the main game, though.

One thing I think Rare fans will find interesting: I was talking to Mr. Bottles (I gather he's a returning character- I never played the original), and one of the questions you can ask him is, "What do you know about KI3?"  His response is "I've heard it's going to star mighty Bottles.  I'm knitting myself a bandana just in case that turns out to be true!"  There have been rumors of Killer Instinct 3 coming, but this feels like more of a confirmation than anything in the past.

EDIT TO ADD 2:  I guess no one's really interested in this. 

I played through most of the game.  There was one Jiggy I didn't pick up, but the mini-game to get it was an exercise in frustration.  Honestly, the driving thing is fine for moving around the level, but once in a race situation it's a bit frustrating.  Perhaps an improved vehicle would be better, but right now the controls are not as good as it would seem you'd need.  If every jiggy is achieved through a mini-game and every mini-game is vehicle-based, I think I may be OUT.  Or, at least, OUT until a price drop.  Good news for my wallet, anyway.

It's a shame, too, because there was a fun moment where I scaled a tower at the top of a hill and found a bunch of pieces and a parts box at the very top.  That box turned out not to hold much of interest, though.  And all the parts go to building vehicles.  I can see the vehicles just sucking the fun out of the game.  But you're meant to use them.  The game even says, basically, "You shouldn't be walking.  You should be driving.  That's why vehicles are in the game."  The driving thing feels forced.

There was a mini-game that had you driving soccer balls into a net, for example.  Not hard to do, necessarily, but it also made me wonder why I was doing it in a vehicle.  The answer is because the game wants me to.  Actually, the whole set-up for the game seems to be that exact thing.  Some guy with Pong for a face is making you jump through the hoops he's created for whatever reason.  He's the Lord of Gaming or somesuch.  So, basically, you're going through these levels because he wants you to.

Resounding "Meh" from me. 

« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:05:00 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »

well, it is already somewhat budget priced - $37 plus you get BK1 if you preorder.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

I'll definitely be downloading this and trying it out.  I like the idea of using platforming and collecting to custom build vehicles for challenges.  I already  have it preordered and I figure even if it isn't perfect it should have lots of fun for $40 with a free XBLA version of the first Banjo Kazooie (making it effectively $30)

Also, how can you say "I guess no one's really interested in this" when your post was only up for an hour and a half in the very early morning?  Sheesh.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 29, 2008, 12:32:32 PM

Some guy with Pong for a face is making you jump through the hoops he's created for whatever reason.  He's the Lord of Gaming or somesuch.

Priceless, with content like that you know it's a Rare game. smile  I'm very interested in this game, in fact it's one of my most anticipated. My interest level however isn't anywhere near as high as my kids who are really looking forward to this and the N64 original.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 04:00:27 PM »

I enjoyed the portions of the demo that I've played so far.  The graphics are pitch-perfect for a B&K game, and the gameplay seems varied enough that it'll prompt a lot of time spent in the vehicle lab - sort of a Mindrover for the short-attention-span set (like me!).  At a budget price, I'm excited.  This looks like the first game that Rare's produced for MSFT that'll be worth my money.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »

I forgot about the budget price.  That may change things, but I'm still waiting on reviews.  The gameplay was less platform, more driving in my experience, which I don't think is what I'm looking for.  Even wandering around the levels, it's clear you're supposed to be driving, for the most part.

As for the "nobody interested" part.  I can't help it if you people are lazy!  I wrote that last thing at @ 9:30 EST.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 05:54:48 PM »

this was on my watch list, but it's been bumped to bargain status in lieu of everything else.  i'll queue up the demo, but i don't think i'll even play it for a while.

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »

Bullwinkle, I believe the whole point of the game is to build and use the vehicles. It's definitely not a traditional platformer.

I played around with the demo and liked it well enough. My initial impression was that you use the vehicles to play minigames which in turn opens up new worlds and minigames. Is there anything more to it than that? It was relatively fun and had a great look, but was a bit too clunky for me (controls and physics). Perhaps it gets smoother as you get better vehicles.

Our six-year old would love watching it all so I might grab it used down the road.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 07:16:02 PM »

I just played this for a little bit during lunch and I think I am going to like it.  Creating a vehicle was very simple and the controls weren't as bad as I'd heard (though not perfect by any means).  I would like to have an e-brake, but I can do without it I guess.  I'd be very interested to try out some of the more advanced vehicles to see everything they can do and how they handle. 

Overall I'd have no problem paying $40 for this, and I hope it sees at least an acceptable success.  The potential seems to be there for downloadable add-ons for new games, vehicle parts, etc. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 07:22:12 PM »

i have actually pre-ordered this(mainly because i want banjo kazooie 1 for free two weeks before everyone else who will have to pay 1200 points)..i have never played a banjo kazooie game,so i think i will download this and find out what i am getting myself into

also,there is no mantion of us Brits getting it cheaper,my shop lists it at full price...son of a b... thumbsdown

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 07:29:42 PM »

Just so you know, metallicorphan, the gameplay in the first Banjo Kazooie won't be much like Nuts & Bolts.  The first games were straight-up platformers in the Mario style (with lots of collecting), this one is much more based around the custom vehicles you can build to complete challenges/minigames. 

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 09:33:45 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 29, 2008, 02:57:00 PM

I already  have it preordered and I figure even if it isn't perfect it should have lots of fun for $40 with a free XBLA version of the first Banjo Kazooie (making it effectively $30)

Since Banjo-Kazooie for XBLA will be $15, N&B is effectively only $25.  Unfortunately, $15 seems to be the new default price for XBLA games  icon_evil

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »

Wonderful little demo, and I found the game to be a breath of fresh air after my recent Dead Space-Fallout marathon.  However, I think the game will bomb badly. Putting this game out with Fable, Fallout, Dead Space, Gears of War and a host of other heavy hitters all recent to the market is going to make this game an also ran.

Its a shame because Rare has a little of that Nintendo magic running through their veins, but the Xbox 360 is the worst possible platform for their titles, and MS can't market games like these to save their lives.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:21:04 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 10:32:12 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on October 29, 2008, 10:18:07 PM

Wonderful little demo, and I found the game to be a breath of fresh air after my recent Dead Space-Fallout marathon.  However, I think the game will bomb badly. Putting this game out with Fable, Fallout, Dead Space, Gears of War and a host of other heavy hitters all recent to the market is going to make this game an also ran.

Its a shame because Rare has a little of that Nintendo magic running through their veins, but the Xbox 360 is the worst possible platform for their titles, and MS can't market games like these to save their lives.

although if they weren't on the 360 i prolly wouldnt buy them,i have to agree with you...1st i am not sure whats with all the publishers putting out all these great games at once..surely some of these games could of been held back a month or two to avoide the tide,and therfor benefited from sales...right?..or does that show a sign of weakness????

2nd about MS marketing,although i think they did a half decent job with Viva Pinata(TV show for one)..i think that game is one of the most underrated games in the last few years,i had a great time with that game and got pretty much addicted to it for a time...but i guess people thought(and were right in a way)that it was too kiddy looking

oh and 3rd just for the hell of it,i hate Nintendo for blocking Goldeneye remake/re-release

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »

I'm messing around with the demo now and I am entirely unconvinced about this vehicle editor direction they've taken. It's awfully convoluted and it doesn't make for a good combination or juxtaposition with this kind of platformer gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:47:09 PM by rrmorton » Logged
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 11:01:25 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on October 29, 2008, 10:45:23 PM

I'm messing around with the demo now and I am entirely unconvinced about this vehicle editor direction they've taken. It's awfully convoluted and it doesn't make for a good combination or juxtaposition with this kind of platformer gameplay.

Well, this game really was never advertised as a platformer, so hopefully people won't buy with any false sense of what to expect based upon the previous game. What did you find to be convoluted? I thought everything has fairly easy to digest, although I'd like to know if the various parts you acquire have a significant effect on how the vehicles respond to the controller. If this area is diluted, then what would be the point? However, if the controls are too slugglish/floaty until you upgrade, many people may be turned away in frustration. Its a fine line.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 12:20:50 AM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on October 29, 2008, 11:01:25 PM

Well, this game really was never advertised as a platformer, so hopefully people won't buy with any false sense of what to expect based upon the previous game. What did you find to be convoluted? I thought everything has fairly easy to digest, although I'd like to know if the various parts you acquire have a significant effect on how the vehicles respond to the controller. If this area is diluted, then what would be the point? However, if the controls are too slugglish/floaty until you upgrade, many people may be turned away in frustration. Its a fine line.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is listed under the "Platformer" category on GameRankings, IGN, Gamespot...pretty much any gaming site you can name.  After two games of solid platforming, if this was not supposed to be a platformer, they should have spent time advertising that it's not a platformer.  This isn't like Crash Kart racing or something where it's very clearly not a platforming game.  Further, I remember some video where they were saying how it wasn't all about the racing, that the vehicles were part of the platforming, etc.  If you think people aren't assuming this is a platform game on at least some level, you're nuts.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 02:11:41 AM »

If you look at any of the advertising for this game, they actually do go out of their way to show that it is not a platformer.  Every screenshot in the magazine ads shows a vehicle, and the tag line is "If you can dream it, you can build it". 

I didn't think the vehicle builder was convoluted at all.  Having watched a friend do the tutorial quickly I picked it up and build my own custom ground vehicle with an egg shooter, basket and hopping spring in just a couple minutes.  I'd challenge you to build something that is quicker and more intuitive using only a game pad, it's not that easy (even using a mouse and keyboard it's easy to make an overwhelming interface). 

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 02:20:49 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 30, 2008, 12:20:50 AM

Quote from: Dante Rising on October 29, 2008, 11:01:25 PM

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is listed under the "Platformer" category on GameRankings, IGN, Gamespot...pretty much any gaming site you can name.  After two games of solid platforming, if this was not supposed to be a platformer, they should have spent time advertising that it's not a platformer.  This isn't like Crash Kart racing or something where it's very clearly not a platforming game.  Further, I remember some video where they were saying how it wasn't all about the racing, that the vehicles were part of the platforming, etc.  If you think people aren't assuming this is a platform game on at least some level, you're nuts.

My point is that the game isn't focused specifically on platforming, even though it has a healthy amount of platforming elements. Rare has been very open about how vehicles and the upgrading of those vehicles are a central point to the game and mini-games. They never stated this was a direct sequel to the previous games, so people shouldn't take it as such. And the game may be categorized as a platformer, but every preview I have read, from Gamespot to TeamXbox, certainly paints it in an entirely different light.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 03:26:37 AM »

Well, I certainly knew in advance that this was vehicle laden, I'll give you that, but I was under the impression that it was a platformer with vehicles.  Hell, I still think that, having played the demo.  I found the mini-games to be what mini-games usually are: a distraction from the meat of the game, in this case collecting stuff.  However, I realize the designers don't want you to think that, and so the mini-games are required to progress.  The only way to gain the whoozits that unlock the next world are through these vehicular games, near as I can tell..

And since the vehicles are so key to this whole thing, I don't think it's asking too much to wish they controlled a little more precisely.  Even in racing, some bit of my car got caught in someone else's bit and next thing I knew I was off the track with no chance in hell of catching up.  But it's not just racing.  It's driving on awkward curved surfaces that require tight turns and weapons in a vehicle that hasn't got much of either.  It's getting a ball into a net.  With a car.  That one wasn't hard, but it really felt forced to me.  Why am I doing this?

Sure, the Rare charm is in the game, though a little of it seems to have lost it's snap.  And, yes, it looks nice, though, as I've said, I wish they'd get a smoother framerate.  There's a murkiness or fuzziness or something to Rare graphics that I don't quite love.  Honestly, I'm hoping that there are other types of things to do as you open more worlds.  Maybe there will even be enough platforming.  As I said, I enjoyed my climb up the tower.  I was hoping for more of that.  I don't think I'll be alone.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 03:38:39 AM »

By the way, here are some quotes from Test Lead Chris Chamberlain at E3:

"...third title in the series...Every thing you could do in the previous games you can absolutely do in this one...All the platform elements from the previous game are in there, absolutely...Very similar to the classic Banjo games...It's definitely a platformer-type game..."

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36864.html

That may be the idea where I got the idea that it was a platformer and part of the series.  In fact, this video reminded me that there was a bit of a panic when the game was announced that they were going away from the original feel, what with all the vehicle stuff coming out.  As is clear in the video, they were doing their best to assure everyone that it was, in fact, a platformer.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 07:42:35 PM »

I can't remember where I read it, but this game did not begin development as a Banjo title, so it is not surprising that it is not exactly like the original games. Personally, I never had an N64 and have always wanted to play the original Banjo games. I preordered to get the free arcade download, so at $37 it's fairly low risk for me. I love platformers, but I know this isn't going to be exactly a classic platformer. I may wind up being pleasantly surprised. On the other hand, I loathed the gummi ship parts of Kingdom Hearts and pretty much hated Kameo, so this may wind up on Goozex quickly. We'll see.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 07:05:21 AM »

I picked this one up today, and as expected I'm enjoying it so far.  Between the basic platforming, tons of collecting to do (crates of parts, jiggie challenges, music note money, etc) and all of the customization you can do for building vehicles this one scratches a special itch for me.  I expect some of the challenges may get frustrating (like the "defend the eyes" one from the demo), but hopefully there are enough things to do at any time that I don't get stuck.

One odd but kind of neat thing is that the demo was set up differently than the full game is.  It seems to start you off at a more basic level than the demo and it eases you into the challenges a bit more.  The first zone unlocked in Showdown Town is different than the demo, and the placement and contents of all of the crates there are different as well.  So far I have a ton more of the basic building blocks but haven't gotten the better engine and gas tank that I got in the demo.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »

Got my code for the original game via email even though Amazon hasn't shipped my pre-order yet. Downloaded it this morning to take a look. They gave it the full HD treatment so it looks a lot better than something like Mario 64 on Virtual Console. Looking forward to playing it for the first time.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »

When does the original game hit XBLA for general purchase?

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on November 13, 2008, 04:40:06 PM

When does the original game hit XBLA for general purchase?

Looks like Nov 26.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 13, 2008, 07:05:21 AM

I picked this one up today, and as expected I'm enjoying it so far.  Between the basic platforming, tons of collecting to do (crates of parts, jiggie challenges, music note money, etc) and all of the customization you can do for building vehicles this one scratches a special itch for me.  I expect some of the challenges may get frustrating (like the "defend the eyes" one from the demo), but hopefully there are enough things to do at any time that I don't get stuck.

One odd but kind of neat thing is that the demo was set up differently than the full game is.  It seems to start you off at a more basic level than the demo and it eases you into the challenges a bit more.  The first zone unlocked in Showdown Town is different than the demo, and the placement and contents of all of the crates there are different as well.  So far I have a ton more of the basic building blocks but haven't gotten the better engine and gas tank that I got in the demo.

Let us know how those defense missions go.  The one thing I was hoping for was that you could get better parts than in the demo, and some of the vehicles would have more control.  Or at least better firepower, and you could wait on those missions.  Some of the reviews I read indicated that they were a PITA, regardless, but I'd love to hear opinions.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 05:55:33 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 13, 2008, 08:13:58 PM

Let us know how those defense missions go.  The one thing I was hoping for was that you could get better parts than in the demo, and some of the vehicles would have more control.  Or at least better firepower, and you could wait on those missions.  Some of the reviews I read indicated that they were a PITA, regardless, but I'd love to hear opinions.

Well, I still haven't had to do any of those defense type missions.  I completed the three "doors" of the first zone and by the time I was done with that I had already opened the next two zones so I don't think you will ever get stuck with only one mission blocking progress.  You certainly have other options at all times so far.  Each door can have multiple jiggy challenges, as well as the optional jingo ones and the normal exploration.

I haven't found some of the parts that I got in the demo, but I have collected a bunch of others.  After beating Gruntilda's challenge for the first zone I got a pair of high-grip wheels which change control and allow you to go up slopes.  For weapons I only have the egg shooter, Fulgore's fist and some spikes that you can put around the outside of your vehicle.  I have more than enough body parts than I could ever use (something like 100 of each type). 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 07:39:37 AM »

i have pre-ordered this and pick it up today,however i rang my GAME shop last night and they have no idea what i am talking about when i asked them if i was getting the XBLA code...typical disgust..either 1-i get screwed or 2-the GAME staff havent a clue..or number 3=both

EDIT:okay picked it up,the staff still didnt know anything about it,even though i know other GAME shops giving out the codes

i have sent them an email..and one to Microsoft as well,asking why the game is still full price here in the UK(call of duty was cheaper)

i like to complain!!! icon_twisted finger
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:18:50 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 03:32:17 PM »

I put a couple of hours into the original game last night. The camera struggles at times, but I'm guessing that existed in the original game (no second analog stick on the N64 controller). The swimming controls are also pretty awful. Other than that it's a lot of fun - I've already run into a few puzzles I thought were very clever. Definitely a LOT of collecting. IMHO, against platformers from the same era, I like it more than Mario 64 but less than Spyro.

According to Amazon, I should have N&B today or tomorrow.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »

I got a few more parts last night after my last post, including an egg cannon turret for which you get into a different seat and can aim a crosshair in any direction.  Should hopefully make those defense-type missions easier when I run into one (although 5 doors explored and still haven't had one).

I also got some wings, balloons, and hovercraft air cushions...my army of blueprints is growing.  biggrin  This game may not be for everyone, but I'll be damned if it isn't a hell of a lot of fun for me.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 04:37:02 PM »

I'm going to see if someone will sell me the game with the code for the original.  I'm pretty sure I would get that anyway, so $25 isn't a lot for the next gen one.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 05:58:26 PM »

I played the demo and lost any interest in this game I had.  Once I went into the first world, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and didn't feel inclined to try to figure it out.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 04:39:13 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 14, 2008, 05:58:26 PM

I played the demo and lost any interest in this game I had.  Once I went into the first world, I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and didn't feel inclined to try to figure it out.

As I said above the demo is a bit weird in that it actually gives you one of the middle zones so you're not eased into the challenge thing.  It doesn't really give you any direction on what to do or where to start.

Still, a lot of the game is more self-driven after you're introduced to it.  You can decide if you want to do the normal jiggy challenges, search out the Jingos for their challenges, explore the zones for all of the music notes or search around Showdown Town to find all of the boxes of parts and such.  You can get jiggies in different ways and have different doors and/or zones open at once.  I like the freedom, but there are things you discover on your own that they probably should have introduced in some manner.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »

Well, I've made it to Banjoland again, and after doing some other things I talked myself into at least trying that "defend the eyes" mission that seemed impossible in the demo.  I built a custom tank using the new egg turret and a crapload of ammo.  Let me tell ya, it was a whole different story!  Piece of freaking cake!  I finished it in less than a minute on my first try and the gator eyes hadn't taken any noticeable damage.  I guess that's the difference when you have the right tool for the job, and that goes for many of the things in this game.  Wait until you get some better parts and come back when you feel like.

I haven't dulled on this one at all yet.  There is a ton of exploring to do in each of the zones as well as Showdown Town (the demo only showed a tiny portion of that), and lots of parts and blueprints to always be going after. 

I don't think I've mentioned the sweet Leaderboards integration they have, either.  For every challenge you can see everyone else's score and how you rank among them, but on top of that you can watch a full video replay of any of the top 10 times/scores.  Just select one of them and hit 'Y' and in a couple seconds you can watch their run.  Full rewind, fast forward, pause and camera controls...I've even see guys "cheating" by removing parts from one of the LOG's choice vehicles to make it smaller and faster.  Wild stuff.

I know this game won't be for everyone, but I think it's a shame that it seems to be widely overlooked.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 15, 2008, 11:13:53 PM

I know this game won't be for everyone, but I think it's a shame that it seems to be widely overlooked.
That's what happens when you release your game along with the million other games that come out at this time.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2008, 03:23:14 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 15, 2008, 11:33:26 PM

That's what happens when you release your game along with the million other games that come out at this time.

exactly...too many other great games to justify spending any time and money on this one right now.  i loved B-K on the N64 and am very interested in N&B, but i'm holding off until i've spent some quality time with Fallout 3, GoW2, and Dead Space.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2008, 04:11:49 AM »

Quote from: disarm on November 16, 2008, 03:23:14 AM

Quote from: The Grue on November 15, 2008, 11:33:26 PM

exactly...too many other great games to justify spending any time and money on this one right now.  i loved B-K on the N64 and am very interested in N&B, but i'm holding off until i've spent some quality time with Fallout 3, GoW2, and Dead Space.

My reason for not getting it yet isn't really competition from other recent games, because I planned on getting it primarily for my kids; the XBLA remake would be for me. slywink  My problem is that my kids informed me earlier this week that they'd rather have VP Trouble in Paradise. Which was a bit of a shocker because they've been talking about BK:N&B for quite some time. At this point I'm in a stalemate because I just got the original VP less than a year ago and I really don't want them to get them another VP so soon. I'd also like them to try something new and differetn and I really want to play the N64 game again. I think I'm just going to have to be an ogre and put my foot down and pick this up tomorrow.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »

I picked it up, just to get the original game.  The worst part is, the guy was just goingt to give me the code, but my "morals" kicked in, and I had to buy the whole shebang.  Stupid morality. 

Anyway, I'm loving the original to pieces.  Is that a pun?  The new one just feels empty and a little frustrating, but I'll agree with Engine, the demo really doesn't give you a good impression.  There's a lot to do in the main town (my favorite part so far).  I've only done the first world so far, and that was easing you in, but it felt a little too big for the limited choices of activities/things to find.  I really wish there were more doodads to collect.  The first game feels like it's chock full of collectables - there's always something to do.  The first world has a lot of ground to cover just finding the little pointy-nosed guy.  None the less, I am enjoying more than I thought I would.  Part of the trick is letting the platformer thing go.  If you think of it as a racing challenge game, it's better.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

i still havent taken this out of its wrapper yet as i am still trying to get my code,if i dont get it its going back

GAME have said they werent supplied with the code and that i should take it up with microsoft,so i sent an email to MS and got this reply
..i have bolded the part that makes me proud to be of the same race as these people

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting XBOX Support Team. 

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your console. Having reviewed your email, the fastest and most effective way to resolve this type of issue is to go online at:

Ask XBOX Interactive Agent.

MS XBOX Online Support Knowledge Base.

If you have tried these and you are still having the same issue, you may find that your console is in need of repair or a service.

To create a repair order please go to https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx where you can sign in using your Windows Live ID. Alternatively if you prefer, please give us a call on the Customer Support Number below where one of our representatives will be happy to help.

Regards,

XBOX E-Mail Support Team.

love it(!) finger

EDIT:the woman on the phone(MS) told me to open the game package up incase the code was in there...it wasnt(i didnt think it would be)..so she says i will get a telephone response in 24-48hrs

as i have now opened the case.i may as well play it icon_lol

i better get a code now,or else my warranty has gone out the window,and i wont be able to exchange it..for the usual FPS typical game thats also out Tongue
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:07:00 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: