http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 03:25:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod, ANYONE?  (Read 7607 times)
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 07:26:03 AM »

I'll let you know tomorrow evening.  Tongue

Had to reinstall because of an error.  BTW, some of the mods don't work with 64-bit OS.  One in particular, which I can't recall.

I've got 26 Gig in the two folders right now, but I probably have some duplications going on.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »

What??? 26 GB??? thats...insane! oh well, I'll have to give that up then

A new one
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on February 05, 2010, 07:26:03 AM

I'll let you know tomorrow evening.  Tongue

Had to reinstall because of an error.  BTW, some of the mods don't work with 64-bit OS.  One in particular, which I can't recall.

I've got 26 Gig in the two folders right now, but I probably have some duplications going on.
Thanks for the heads up on that - I was thinking about giving it a whirl this weeked, and it sounds like I'll have to do a bit of weeding before hand so I don't get too frustrated.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »

Please note that I have almost every mod in the list (and there's a crap ton) chosen for install.  Also, as I said, I have duplications, so I'm not sure how that affects things.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 12:16:43 PM »

A long time ago I went ahead and did the whole BG1 + expansion + BG2 + expansion thing. I had the mod where you could do it with the BG2 engine and some other little mods, but didn't have most of the content mods that have been listed here. Still, by the end I was worn the hell out. It was a great experience to have the same character go through so many hours of gameplay, but holy shit I was beat. Don't think I played any other games after that for quite some time.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 12:54:51 PM »

Installing it right now - the "recommended" version of Bigmod...looks very very cool. A bit slow to do, since the bigmod installer is downloading the stuff itself at around 70kbs but thats okay... Cant wait to start this. A good time to do this since my laptop is being shipped for repair now, and I'm playing this on the GFs laptop. I guess those 15 days will pass rather quickly, if it wasnt for those annoying interruptions called work ;-)

edit: btw, I just read about just ONE of the mods, called Darkest Day gives 30 HOURS of extra gameplay? Thats pretty impressive!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:16:31 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2010, 01:24:56 PM »

Darkest Day is excellent.  You are in for a good time.

morlac00 on PSN
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »

Quote from: morlac on February 06, 2010, 01:24:56 PM

Darkest Day is excellent.  You are in for a good time.

Aye,looks excellent.

A word of warning - I've been patching for...6 hours now I think, and I'm nowhere near done it seems. Also, its taken up around 18 gigabytes I think... a bit scary. I hope the bigmod installer cleans up after itselfs and removes superflous files.

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2010, 06:41:44 PM »

okay, installed it all...now - how to play it? Just start Baldurs gate I or whaT? cant seem to find a frontend or anything for Bigmod

A new one
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2010, 12:35:12 PM »

No, pretty sure you start Baldur's Gate 2, and from there you have the option to start the game from "baldur's gate 1".

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »

Thanks, thats what I came to understand as well :-)

Man, the game is still great! Although, I'm already in chapter 3 which I think is pretty quick. Started out with a mage, rethought, and restarted with a fighter which I'm going to take to lvl 3 or 5 and then dualclass to a mage. I seem to remember thats a good way to do it. I'm getting some good HP, a good THACO, some weapon skills and the spells of a mage!

oh, does anyoen rmember, can a mage use sword and shield if he's a dualclassed figther? I simply cannot remember the dualclass rules anymore.

A new one
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 07, 2010, 01:55:14 PM

Thanks, thats what I came to understand as well :-)

Man, the game is still great! Although, I'm already in chapter 3 which I think is pretty quick. Started out with a mage, rethought, and restarted with a fighter which I'm going to take to lvl 3 or 5 and then dualclass to a mage. I seem to remember thats a good way to do it. I'm getting some good HP, a good THACO, some weapon skills and the spells of a mage!

oh, does anyoen rmember, can a mage use sword and shield if he's a dualclassed figther? I simply cannot remember the dualclass rules anymore.

hmm i do recall some folks doing a dual class Mage/Kensai wearing robes but wielding swords so maybe weapons but the armor.

morlac00 on PSN
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Aye, thats what I Figured as well - went pure fighther though, although KEnsai would probably have been a good choice.

Man, I'd forgotten how brutal and unforgiving the game is - The first quest in Naskel mines, the boss there? I retried that 8 times before I got him down...crazy stuff - he has a spell that kills most of the team as soon as it launches   icon_eek

But its very very fun! I'm a bit stumped on what to do know though, but just exploring a bit.

Does anyone know if the game scales enemies, or are they set so that you may wander into areas that are too tough for you? I've come across trolls, and I have no means to take them out yet, at lvl 2-4

A new one
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 08:39:01 PM »

A new version of the mod pack is coming out in the next  few days (Big World Setup 8.3).  So I'm waiting until then.
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »

OK,

Got this installed over the course of a couple of evenings.  Installed with the standard version which added a bunch of mods as well as BG Trilogy.  I have no clue what the additional mods do or which ones I accepted.  I guess I'll find out as I start BG AGAIN.  What are the odds I actually finish it THIS TIME? That's right, slim to none.

omgz
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on February 08, 2010, 08:39:01 PM

A new version of the mod pack is coming out in the next  few days (Big World Setup 8.3).  So I'm waiting until then.

Please post when it is done. I would be interested in seeing if I could get this all together on my netbook or something. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on February 17, 2010, 07:52:35 PM

Quote from: Zarkon on February 08, 2010, 08:39:01 PM

Please post when it is done. I would be interested in seeing if I could get this all together on my netbook or something. biggrin

I believe 8.3 is out as of this week.  I believe it is the one I installed.  It was super easy but took several hours between installing the games AND the Big World mod thingy.

omgz
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 09:32:03 PM »

I've gotten a bit bored through my BG1 rerun...not sure I'll complete it or start a Bg2 character instead.

The game is very hard, and very vague on what you should do next...I think I've gotten used to getting my hand held while spoon fed the information I need over the years...

A new one
Rubyeye
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 17, 2010, 09:32:03 PM

I've gotten a bit bored through my BG1 rerun...not sure I'll complete it or start a Bg2 character instead.

The game is very hard, and very vague on what you should do next...I think I've gotten used to getting my hand held while spoon fed the information I need over the years...

I may use gatekeeper and just HAX my character.  I am a simple man and hate challenges.

omgz
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: