http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 05:10:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Mojo to be rereleased  (Read 1429 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 06:52:32 PM »

Not sure if this should go in Road To Gold since it's a rerelease, but the 1996 cockroach adventure game Bad Mojo is going to be rereleased this November.  Now I challenge everyone to come up with a news story more bizarre than this one slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 07:01:27 PM »

You just HAD to post this on the day that saw Elvis and John Belushi drinking together, then going into convulsions and getting into a high speed chase respectively didn't you? smile

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/12/bluesbrothers.chase.ap/index.html

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

Sepiche, you are a day late and a dollar short.  Tongue

So, Bad Mojo. I remember the game box and thinking how strange it seemed. Was it any good the first time around?

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 08:29:45 PM »

I played through part of it back in the day when I worked at a game shop.  It was a pretty decent adventure game with a great, if disguting, premise.  Karma's a bitch.
Gwen
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 11:18:55 PM »

Bad Mojo was a great game for its time.  I was fairly new to PC gaming at the time and I remember being fascinated by the premise.  

Fortunately I found a walkthru or it would have gone back on my shelf without closure.  You guessed it....walk to this pile of garbage......crawl thru this sewer pipe........

A pretty creepy walkthru as I remember.  RAID!!!!!

:shock:

We can't all be heros.  Some of us have to sit on the curb and clap as they pass by.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 03:09:40 AM »

This is great news.  I've been wanting a rerelease or a sequel for this for a long time.  I also was new to pc gaming, so I may be looking at this game through rose colored glasses for the past 8 or so years but I remember really liking it, and more important liking how creeped out it made me as I played it.  I slugged through it to the end without a walkthrough, there were some tricky parts but perseverance came through for me.

Gameplay is very simple just the 4 arrow keys to move around- hey you're a cockroach did you expect guns and hand to hand combat?  The environments are all suitably gross and dangerous- and many a death made me shiver.  The story as I remember it wasn't that great, but merely sufficient.  But the games really about surviving while getting from point A to point B while grossing you out.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 01:37:09 PM »

I was working at Acclaim when we released that title, it was a brillantly quirky title that Acclaim put ZERO money behind at that time.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
LucidSmoke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 10:11:09 PM »

This game stands out as an overlooked gem.  Kind of had a David Lynch movie feel to me...which, in my opinion, is a good thing.  Very strange game.  I would love to play it again.  Do you know if it has been enhanced in any way.  At the time, I remember it being pretty up to date with technology, but that was along time ago.  If I had to put a date to it, I would say around 1995?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 10:15:14 PM »

From reading about it, it sounds like the only modifications made were to make the in game movies better quality, that's it. I thought they would rework the tech behind the game to bring up to date but it sure sounds like that's not the case. Oh well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: