http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 05:22:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Day LA demo  (Read 899 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:29:41 AM »

I spied over at Blue's that a demo for Bad Day LA just came out.  This is a cartoon rendered 3rd person action game possibly similar to GTA (although I'm not sure how open-world it is, to tell the truth) and is also headed for the XBox this fall. 

This one has really dropped off the radar since it was first shown, so I'm interested to see if they have come up with something fun and original or if it is just another crap action game.   

You can download the demo at the usual suspects like FileFront, 3D Gamers, et al.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 02:31:34 AM »

I'm going to reply to my own thread and say that initial impressions are not good.  Some crude humor and ever more crude graphics and voice acting don't really help this be more than a mediocre action game at best.  It's also not open-world, the levels are just made to look like it. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »

The gameplay reminded me a lot of Simpsons Hit & Run, minus the driving (at least so far).  Satire and dark humor are hard to pull off to begin with, and even harder in a game.  I like the idea of ridiculing the whole "fear culture", but I don't know if this way over-the-top approach will work.  I do like the visual style though, even if it is rather simple.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 01:24:57 PM »

Isn't this the new American McGee game?  You know, the guy none of us had ever heard of before they plastered his name all over the 'Alice' box.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 02:44:51 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 16, 2006, 01:24:57 PM

Isn't this the new American McGee game?  You know, the guy none of us had ever heard of before they plastered his name all over the 'Alice' box.

I think it's an 'American McGee Presents' game, like Scrapland was.  Does anyone know if he's still working on his 'Oz' game?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 07:45:20 PM »

More importantly, does anyone care?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 07:52:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 16, 2006, 02:44:51 PM

Quote from: Gratch on August 16, 2006, 01:24:57 PM

I think it's an 'American McGee Presents' game, like Scrapland was.  Does anyone know if he's still working on his 'Oz' game?

I'm pretty sure it was scrapped (no pun intended).  It did sound interesting but I liked Alice pretty well.  Weren't they going to make a movie of Alice starring Buffy?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 08:03:11 PM »

Directed by Wes Craven no less. As with a lot of Hollywood things, it's stuck in development hell.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: