http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 07:25:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backlog Update! Post Yours Here...  (Read 2388 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2005, 10:26:07 PM »

Okay, I'm trying really hard to finish - or start - the major games I've wanted to get to on my backlog... time is running out for reducing it before Oblivion arrives.

This one should have it's own topic:  I FINISHED RIDDICK, DAMMIT - ON THE XBOX DAMMIT!!!!!  Whew, I just loved the game, but hated the console save system, and kept getting stuck or just pissed off.  This is probably one of the games I'm proudest to have finished though - now that i'm done!  I'll probably play it again someday, on "easy," so I can just zip through it and have fun, I liked it that much.

Stuck again in Doom 3, but almost done - I've tried -about 40 times - to kill the thing(s) guarding the Soul Cube.  I'm making progress - I know how to do it now, just haven't managed it.
Finally started Return to Castle Wolfenstein - really liking it, too.
Started Harvest Moon on  PS2 - whew, took forever to get through the intro, we'll see if I continue when I see what the actual game is like.
If I really can't get into Harvest Moon (that could go either way right now.) I'll be starting Silent Hill 4, next.
Handheld games I only play under certain circumstances, and they don't interfere too much with my console backlog (now playing Minish Cap, Untold Legends, and Lumines)

What's on your gaming plate today? And don't post about the ones released yesterday that you finished today! Please? Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 10:38:42 PM »

will take on the final chapter of the new fire emblem tonight, followed probably by the previous fe, to be followed shortly thereafter (hopefully) by riviera, followed shortly thereafter (hopefully) by death jr, followed by...

but, minus zelda four swords adventures & re4 (got halfway thru, erased my save on purpose), & periodic animal crossing visits, no real backlog to speak of...

(i'm so boring - sorry...)

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 10:56:12 PM »

time is running out for reducing it before Oblivion arrives.

Now that, my friends, is the definition of an optimist.  :lol:

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 11:08:02 PM »

If I posted my backlog, it would blow out the forum database  Tongue
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 11:15:12 PM »

My immediate backlog (Ie, stuff sitting on/near my PS2):

Phantom Brave
GTA:San Andreas
SMT:Digital Devil Saga
Arc the lad:Twilight of spirits.
Midnight Club 3
Star Ocean
Armored Core:Nexus

Of course, Disgaea (Which I got three weeks ago) is taking up all my time.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 06:28:38 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"

Agreed. biggrin

For starters, I've been updating my list of completed games and have made several accomplishments in the past few weeks. Amazing, really. This whole initiative I've been on lately of "play one game until I finish it, THEN move on to the next" has not only helped me save money, but aided me in my quest to thin my backlog.

I finally started True Crime the other day, and seem to be burning through it pretty quickly. Once I'm done I can send it back to you Mytocles as you were too generous to lend it to me in the first place. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 06:47:49 PM »

If I posted my backlog, it would blow out the forum database
Unbreakable - I should have been more specific - the whole point should be more like - what are you doing about it (Lol, if anything)? Or perhaps, as Big Jake posted, maybe what your immediate backlog is.  If I posted my entire backlog... then Oblivion would really arrive soon, and not the Elder Scrolls one!
and whiteboyskim... "too generous" - between gamers - is that possible?  Besides, you have to pay shipping back, so it's a double-edged generosity... what if you'd have hated it? :lol:
Now that, my friends, is the definition of an optimist.
Big Jake- I'm not only a "glass half full" person, ususally, but i noticed a while back, that half the time when people say "See ya later" - I'm saying "See ya soon" at the same time, lol!

and semiconscious - you're not boring - you're smart!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 01:22:18 PM »

Backlog:

Gamecube - Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphania, Paper Mario 2, and Pikmin 2.
Gameboy Advance/DS - Final Fantasy Tactics, Mario and Luigi, Fire Emblem 2, Warioware Twisted, Super Mario 64

I think I am very darn close in finishing Final Fantasy Tactics.  I have over 150 hours played on that thing!  I love it.  Mario and Luigi is next in line for my DS.  On the gamecube, I am more than half-way on Tales and Pikmin 2.  Next is to finish RE 4.

By the way, I love the DS.  That thing is awesome.  Makes all my GBA games so much better.  Very impressed with it.  Can't wait to play Advance Wars, Nintendodogs, Animal Crossing DS, Mario Kart DS, Mario and Luigi 2, and Metriod Hunters!!!  Damn, that is a great lineup for the next 6 months.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 02:46:34 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
and semiconscious - you're not boring - you're smart!

umm, maybe not that smart, actually - happened to pick up my other gbsp, &, whaddaya know, there's my unfinished copy of tactics ogre:kol (which i must've stopped playing for either dmc3 or gow? - i can't even remember), so i'll be busy with that for the next while (incredibly good game, btw, so why exactly did i stop playing it?)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 04:39:30 PM »

My list of "still haven't finished it" games:

Mercenaries
Fight Night 2004
Burnout 3
Mechassault 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Midnight Club 3

I was making slow but steady progress in all those games until Forza hit. I haven't played much else since.

I'm like 89% done with both Midnight Club and Burnout, but I haven't been able to bring myself to finish those last little bits of each game.

Splinter Cell just got totally eclipsed by me buying a bunch of games I didn't expect to buy. *sigh*

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 05:11:09 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Yes. However a truncated version for the immediate future is:

Fable - Currently working on.
Sword of Mana - Working on.

Far Cry - Just picked it up for my Bday.
Metroid Prime 1 - Never could get past those damn mines...
IceWind Dale - Never got too far.
Beyond Good & Evil - Never played yet.
MechAssault - Never finished the last couple missions.
MechAssault 2 - Never played much.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 05:35:12 PM »

I will post a list of games I am actually actively trying or thinking about finishing or playing, rather than put down the 50 or so I have stopped and started smile

Guild Wars (playing this now)
Psychonauts (need to return the rental though)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Brothers in Arms
Panzers Phase One
Forza
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 05:35:46 PM »

I will post a list of games I am actually actively trying or thinking about finishing or playing, rather than put down the 50 or so I have stopped and started smile

Guild Wars (playing this now)
Psychonauts (need to return the rental though)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Brothers in Arms
Panzers Phase One
Forza
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 05:36:08 PM »

Back in February or so I had a 'WTF' moment when I was in Best Buy. There were three games that I was interested in buying and I had all of them in my hand and I started thinking about my backlog and all the unopened games that are sitting on my shelf.

Since then I've severely curtailed my new games purchases. I'm basically at the point now where I'll only buy a game if I can't rent it or pick it up for less than $20. I've been doing pretty good so far. So far there's been a number of games that I've just skipped altogether like Jade Empire, Psychonauts (I still want to play this at some point), and Devil May Cry 3. I rented and finsihed Doom 3 and God of War. Blockbuster's no late fees thing makes it much easier.

The  only new games I've picked up recently are Fire Emblem: TSS and Advance Wars 2 (found a new copy for $19.99 at TRU and couldn't pass it up). I'm also thinking of buying Digital Devil Saga since no rental places have it and Atlus games go out of stock very quickly.

I recently went through my collection and listed all the games on my shelf that I was still interested in playing. In the short term, the games that I'm really interested in playing are:

Freedom Force
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Kingdom Hearts
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

After that, the ones that I want to play soon are:

Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Thief 2
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Jedi Knight: jedi Academy

I'm really hoping that my willpower will stay strong, simply because I have a sneaking suspicion  that some of the games above are just as good if not better than many of the new games being released this summer.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 08:40:49 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
I'm really hoping that my willpower will stay strong, simply because I have a sneaking suspicion  that some of the games above are just as good if not better than many of the new games being released this summer.

i'm among those who feel that ocarina of time is possibly just as good as any game that'll ever be released (okay, i'm exaggerating a little, maybe smile )...

Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 09:08:39 PM »

Guild Wars got me interested in playing more Morrowind, and I started a new game of Thief: Deadly Shadows yesterday.  Other games I'm slowly working on are the Splinter Cell series, and trying to unlock everything in Unreal Championship 2.  I have a lot of other games, but these and Forza are what I've been into over the past month or so.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 09:39:53 PM »

Quote from: "semiconscious"
Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"

i'm among those who feel that ocarina of time is possibly just as good as any game that'll ever be released (okay, i'm exaggerating a little, maybe smile )...

Totally agree.  Played it for the first time just prior to Wind Waker's release and after a brief adjustment at some of the dated graphics at the beginning, OoT had me totally enthralled.  Now I just have to find some time to play Majora's Mask...
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 11:56:22 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Now I just have to find some time to play Majora's Mask...

yes, you do smile - i'm still somewhat bruised from kicking myself over'n'over once i got into it for taking so long to getting around to playing it, & that was months back. a rare, genuinely unique experience (the game, that is, not kicking myself)...

just beware of lock-ups (i had 2) if you play the cube version - limited amounts of play between resetting time recommended (tho that can get a bit tricky in the dungeons)...

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 11:58:57 PM »

After these comments, I'll have to bump Ocarina of TIme up onto the 'Must Play soon' list then. Thanks for the advice.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 05:37:42 AM »

Oh yes, Majora's Mask. That was one of the most cool gaming experiences I've ever had. And Ocarina of Time was one of the greatest games ever. Those who haven't played/beaten it yet should be shamed of themselves!

As for my backlog, it's kind of small. I've been a backlog-clearing monster over the past two years, and I haven't bought many games over the same time period.

I've just beaten Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (some of the most retarded and hilarious moments in the Final Fantasy series are in this game).

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I'm at the jungle right before The End actually. Stopped playing this to play Mystic Quest.

Devil May Cry
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Final Fantasy X-2

And that's it. As I said, not a big backlog anymore. smile
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 12:29:25 PM »

My backlog is most of my collection, well over 200 titles.  *sigh*
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 01:25:06 PM »

I'm with Zarkon.  My gaming time has dropped almost to zero lately, but I've been making an effort to finish Shenmue.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 04:33:34 PM »

seriously wandering off-topic here, but i can't neglect to mention that as good a reason as any for playing majora's mask is that only then can one completely appreciate Mike Damiani's amazing exploits, fully documented here, in which he completes the game in a single, 3-day run (not counting the mandatory initial reset that's part of the intro)...

skilz!...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2005, 11:45:49 PM »

Currently I have (thanks to Gamestops evil 'buy 2 get 1 free' sales):

X-Box[/b]
The Suffering
Ghost Recon 2
Phantom Dust
Lego Star Wars
Dead or Alive Ultimate (actually kind of disappointed in this one after playing 3 first)
Dark Alliance 1 & 2
Spiderman 2
Sudeki
Battlestar Galactica
Mercenaries
Metal Arms
Bloodrayne

PC[/b]
Vampire:  Bloodlines
GTA San Andreas
Boiling Point
Far Cry
Thief 3

I keep getting X-Box games but my TV time has to be shared so I get much more PC time, but I'm running out of PC games.  Looks like it's time to invest in a second TV.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: