http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 01:21:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backing up Xbox Data  (Read 1992 times)
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2004, 01:40:27 PM »

Has anyone tried using an Action Replay device to do this?  Did you have success?  Without resorting to modding or memory cards (damn KoTOR and Ninja Gaiden), can anyone recommend a nice, simple way to backup my stuff so I can exercise the warranty on my noisy machine?

Thanks.

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 01:48:42 PM »

Your best bet is probably to buy a Mega X-Key, a 32MB Memory Card (4 times the size of Action Replay/MS Memory Card).  It will connect to your Xbox via a USB to Xbox converter and then to your PC via USB.

Just do a Google search on it, I'm sure you can find it at many places.  It may cost over $30, but it is money well spent so you aren't going back and forth tons of times trying to copy stuff from Xbox to Action Replay to PC.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
aledromo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 01:52:44 PM »

Do all of those fancy thingamajigs come with this mega x key?  Will I have to buy them separately?  What were they again?  I'd be doing this on a friend's PC, so how obnoxiously invasive is this process?

Mega x-key
32MB card
USB to Xbox converter
USB

This is what I'll need?

Join me or die!  Can you do any less?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 03:34:42 PM »

You buy the Mega X-Key and it should have all that stuff in it.  It treats itself like a memory card, you just copy to the X-Key.  Then go to the computer, plug it into a USB port, the computer should find it and then you can copy it to whatever drive on your computer you want.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 04:11:17 PM »

Yes, USB keys are cheap.  I actually bought a Dell 128MB USB key for under $40...very handy and it stays on my keychain all of the time.

The Lik-Sang site has the Mega X-Key for $35 US.  You can read a review of it here: http://modtown.co.uk/mt/review2.php?id=megaxkey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: