http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 02:00:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Axis and Allies  (Read 1319 times)
Byrns
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 03:44:21 PM »

Anyone try the demo? After playing the tutorial and the first campaign mission I'm not sure I'll be picking this one up.

Is anyone picking this up on release?
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 04:54:43 PM »

I played the demo, but haven't completed the actual in-game mission there. Of course anybody who has played Kohan is saying "geez this is just Kohan with a few things rearranged and new art" - however the guys who developed it swear that there are plenty of changes under the hood.

My son is somewhat interested in it, and he likes the boardgame, but I'm gonna pass on it. With Kohan II and RTW, I have my stratergy plate full!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Morgul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 01:49:22 AM »

Between Kohan 2, and EQ2 and WOW coming around the corner, toss in Halo 2 and that lord of the rings RTS game with the kick ass movies, and uh, I am going to be pretty busy for the next, uh, year or so.  Your going to have to make a kick ass game if I am going to squeeze you into my schedule.  Cool

What was all that about awhile back when they were arguing PC gaming is dead/dying?  Heh, I been gaming for years, and I think its as good now as its ever been. Tongue
RevenantSoul
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 05:07:43 AM »

I tried the demo a bit and then uninstalled it.  Maybe I missed it but I was thinking it would be kind of like having the board game and being able to play out the battles.  I only saw the battles and no board game strategy...is that left out of the demo or did I just miss something?
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 02:09:47 PM »

No, this is the A&A RTS.  There were a fair number of differences between that and Kohan 2; I beta'ed each, and the system seemed better served by the WWI setting.  

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
olaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 04:46:38 PM »

It looked too much like Kohan for me to even try right now.  Not that I dont like Kohan, it was just a strange feeling playing kohan with guns and tanks.

olaf
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: