http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 02:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awaited TF2 update is out!  (Read 1731 times)
Freezer-TPF-
Gaming Trend Senior Member

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2008, 01:27:14 AM »

The long-awaited TF2 update with the new Gold Rush game mode and new Medic achievements and weapons is out tonight on Steam.

http://www.steampowered.com/goldrush

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 01:14:56 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on April 30, 2008, 01:27:14 AM

The long-awaited TF2 update with the new Gold Rush game mode and new Medic achievements and weapons is out tonight on Steam.

http://www.steampowered.com/goldrush

Oooh and a free weekend.  Maybe there will be some n00bs and I won't be the worst one out there. Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

I've been itching to fire this up again after watching the Scout video, but I'm afraid GTA IV will find out and beat me....  paranoid

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:46:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 30, 2008, 02:54:26 PM

I've been itching to fire this up again after watching the Scout video, but I'm afraid GTA IV will find out and beat me....  paranoid

Yeah, really bad timing.  I've been anxiously awaiting this TF2 update, but it'll have to wait until the GTA bug wears off.
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »

Heh, I kind of figured no one would really care right now, but I posted the item anyway just in case for us folks who aren't playing GTA4.

I might take a quick look at the new stuff but I haven't been in a TF2 mood in a while.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:57:00 PM by Freezer-TPF- » Logged

Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 04:17:54 PM »

I'm looking forward to trying it out.  Seems like it may not be hard to find a medic for a while, which would be a nice change.
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:21:30 PM »

Quote from: Butterknife on April 30, 2008, 04:17:54 PM

I'm looking forward to trying it out.  Seems like it may not be hard to find a medic for a while, which would be a nice change.

Valve has solved the health care crisis.  Is there anything they can't do?

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »

I just recently got the orange box so I'll be all over this starting tonight smile

morlac00 on PSN
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 08:30:56 PM »

Just heard about the TF2 Free Weekend. Looks like I need to dust up my Steam account and join up.  nod
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »

Played the new map some. Its pretty fun so far. People are still in early stages of seeing what strategies work best but its a fun new addition.

And free too!
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 11:50:16 PM »

Tried it out a bit on one server...seems fun, I like the strategy of crouching behind the cart while it heals you and then stepping out to attack.

But for some reason by other team mates decided to switch to engineers and build turrets near the respawn point  retard

Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »

A co-worker told me that there was some kind of cheat to give you every achievement.  Did that ruin the play experience for anybody?  I wasn't able to get online for more than about 3 minutes to play yesterday.  Anybody hear anything about that?  It seems that immediately unlocking all of the weapons for the medics might be annoying, and force Valve to do an achievement reset as well.
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 06:40:33 PM »

Quote from: Butterknife on May 01, 2008, 06:00:44 PM

A co-worker told me that there was some kind of cheat to give you every achievement.  Did that ruin the play experience for anybody?  I wasn't able to get online for more than about 3 minutes to play yesterday.  Anybody hear anything about that?  It seems that immediately unlocking all of the weapons for the medics might be annoying, and force Valve to do an achievement reset as well.

I believe that console cheat has been fixed with a quick update.  I think I saw somewhere that Valve was planning to reset the achievements for those who got them via the cheat code, but I'm not certain if that has happened.

lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 10:25:57 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on May 01, 2008, 06:40:33 PM

I believe that console cheat has been fixed with a quick update.  I think I saw somewhere that Valve was planning to reset the achievements for those who got them via the cheat code, but I'm not certain if that has happened.

Reading the steam forums it seems like valve did a reset of all the new achievements.  There are also conflicting reports of valve resetting all the achievements regardless of if they were earned legitimately or via the cheat.  It's funny how there's always a large negative reaction to whatever addition/change valve makes to the game.  I have to remember never to read their forums.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 11:35:13 PM »

Anyone playing this this weekend?  I just popped my TF2 (and multiplayer icon_eek ) cherry, by loading this up.  I had a blast playing on a newbies only server for a bit.  I'd like to try again latter.

Any tips?  I mostly stuck to solder and pyro, with a rare try at the heavy.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »

Ive only gotten a couple hours in on this free weekend. I loved what Ive played. Tried all classes. Some I used to suck at Im now good at and vice versa.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 03:15:27 AM »

I think I've officially caught the Team Fortress 2 bug.  Love playing the heavy on Gold Rush (offense).  Played tonight and our team once pushed the cart from the start of the first map to the end without me dying once.  eek  I couldn't believe it.  And I was only ubbered once at the start.  I've gotten good at spotting spies when they goof up, instead of saying 'what was that glitch?' and getting back-stabbed later on.

Oh and on defense- sticky bombs rule!

Still haven't played much of the support classes, but I tried each out for a minute or two on an empty server just to get a feel for them.  I'll get around to trying them in action someday.

So where am I most likely to run into the GT/OO/PH crowd?

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Miltonite
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »

I play most of the time at Texas Team Players server IP Address:  72.233.44.146  Port:  27019. There are quite a few regulars there that are good people.  There is also the server from the guys over at Gamers with Jobs.  If you want to add me as a friend on Steam I can give you the IP of that server as well. (you will need the password as well) I play almost every night, but won't be playing much until the 16th (finals) After that it will be summer and the nonstop gaming will begin.

Believe me, I need more help than you can offer.

One of the many OO immigrants
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 04:33:47 PM »

I play pretty exclusively on the Gamers With Jobs server. You can get the info in the big TF2 thread: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/36069 . They are pretty particular about not giving out IP/pw anywhere other than that thread, which is why I (and miltonite) have to be indirect about it.

OO/GTers I've seen on that server (aside from myself, duh) are: EvilHomer3k, Kelric, Chris Grenard, miltonite, and AWS260... and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. The level of play is MUCH higher than public servers. These are guys that play 4 or more times a week with each other, so it can be a little intimidating if you're new. That being said, they're a great bunch of guys, not elitist in any way, and welcome players of all skill levels, so don't be bashful. icon_smile It's also the best way to really learn how to play the game.

Other good public servers are Texas Team Players that miltonite mentioned, Control Point (CP) and Funcom. I also play on a couple of pubbies that have good ping time for me. Just add whoever you can to your Steam friends list and hop on a server.
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »

Quote from: Tscott on May 06, 2008, 03:15:27 AM

So where am I most likely to run into the GT/OO/PH crowd?

There is a specific OO TF2 Steam group that will make it easy to find folks on the servers.  I don't have the link handy, but maybe someone can post the group name OR if you already have some OO/GT friends on your Steam list just look at their profiles and you should be able to find someone already in there with the link to join.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: