http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 03:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: August OXM BF2 Demo!  (Read 977 times)
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2005, 12:14:35 PM »

Just got the August issue of OXM and it has a XBL enabled demo of BF2. Didn't get a chance to try it yet. If anyones tried it, let the impressions roll.

-Tony
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 01:38:40 PM »

I've played the Playstation 2 version and wasn't too impressed simply because I am used to the Battlefield universe with a mouse and keyboard.  This isn't Battlefield 2...it's Battlefield: Modern Combat.  I'm going to very much doubt the console versions will be able to hold a candle to the PC version.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 02:27:24 PM »

It says BattleField 2: Modern Combat on the mag I'm pretty sure, but anyhow I use a KB&M on my xbox with the SmartJoy Frag.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 06:41:40 PM »

Quote from: "Mystic95Z"
It says BattleField 2: Modern Combat on the mag I'm pretty sure, but anyhow I use a KB&M on my xbox with the SmartJoy Frag.

you too? heh smile The only downside is sometimes vehicular controls are messed up.

For instance in Halo2, driving is HARD using keyboard and mouse based on the systems expectation.

here's a visual.

analog X axis   L------------------------[deadzone]----------------------R
when driving if you are going to turn right around, you hold hard L or R on analog and they have an equivilant to mouse-accelleration where you speed up once it's been held for a certain amount of time. (less than a second).

With a mouse, you would just whip it left or right, taking miliseconds. To turn with around while in a vehicle you need to drag the mouse at a decent speed for much longer to get the same turning effect.

Since BF2 plays much like Halo2, I expect the same problems with controls.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 07:48:41 PM »

What other demos might we find on the disc?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 08:46:54 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
What other demos might we find on the disc?

One of them was Pirates, dont remember what the other one was....
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 08:50:17 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Quote from: "Mystic95Z"

you too? heh smile The only downside is sometimes vehicular controls are messed up.

For instance in Halo2, driving is HARD using keyboard and mouse based on the systems expectation.

here's a visual.

analog X axis   L------------------------[deadzone]----------------------R
when driving if you are going to turn right around, you hold hard L or R on analog and they have an equivilant to mouse-accelleration where you speed up once it's been held for a certain amount of time. (less than a second).

With a mouse, you would just whip it left or right, taking miliseconds. To turn with around while in a vehicle you need to drag the mouse at a decent speed for much longer to get the same turning effect.

Since BF2 plays much like Halo2, I expect the same problems with controls.

I used to have problems driving in Halo2, but I now have a seperate SmartJoy profile for driving. In the driving profile I have the deadzone cranked up to ~80 and it makes it much easier to drive. So when I jump in a vehicle I hit <F2> and when I exit the vehicle I hit <F1>, simple as that.

-Tony

-Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: