http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 08:34:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATI says PS3 tragically unrefined  (Read 546 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2006, 12:52:50 AM »

Someone sounds miffed they did'nt get the chip contract..

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/708/

Q: You make it sound so unrefined!
A: [Laughs.] Well, yeah, but the tragedy is that it is unrefined. There's a lot brute force in there - I'd be the last person to admit it, but the truth is that the 7800GTX is a pretty powerful piece of hardware, but it's not very elegant, it hasn't got the kind of: 'Well, how do we design this to be the best possible console we can build for this money?' Instead it's been put together at the end of quite a complicated process. We have two very different design processes. If Microsoft had come to us and said: 'All right, what are we going to do about this graphics chip, then? Let's sign the contract and let's go', but then we'd got two thirds through and they'd said: 'Look, you guys aren't going to deliver - now what are you going to do?' and then walked away from us, they would have ended up with a design very much like the PS3 in some essential characteristics - it would have had to use bought-in components. And our GPUs instead are custom-designed components, and that's one of the fundamental reasons why I think Xbox 360 technology is likely to outperform PlayStation 3 technology by a pretty healthy margin in the long run.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 03:42:15 AM »

Pfffffft!!  Who cares about ATI when you got the Emotion Engine?  Or was that the last kooky name for the PS2?  Is it the Cell thingy now?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 10:56:29 AM »

Of course ATI is going to challenge the playstation 3, just like Nvidia will challenge the Xbox 360. They both want to believe their graphics cards are the best, I'll wait for the ps3 reviews on sites like tomshardware and sharkyextreme to let me know if it's "unrefined" in an unbiased manner.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: