http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 02:27:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Reviews  (Read 37661 times)
Andrew Mallon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2007, 05:41:05 PM »

I put about three hours into this last night and so far its better and worse than I expected. The story, with it's sci-fi twist, was probably my biggest concern with the game going in and I'm pleased to report that it doesn't bother me. They did enough foreshadowing in the beginning to keep me intrigued. I'm interested to see where the story goes and I really hope the sci-fi stuff doesn't turn out to be a cheap gimmick but actually plays a part in the story as the game progresses.

I can now totally understand some of the reviewer's complaints about the gameplay. For a game with such a beautiful, hand-crafted world, it's a little off-putting that the tasks your assigned to do are so arbitrary. Stuff like climb this tower to "synchronize" the memory. It's fine and all, but it's such a "gamey" thing to do that it really reminds me that I'm playing a game.

In fact, it reminds me that I'm playing a game where I'm playing a game. I hope that the game-within-a-game doesn't become a crutch for the developers to be lazy. It must be a wonderfully handy tool for them to be able to avoid transitional scenes completely via "memory fast-forwarding," and to close off inaccessible areas with a blue energy field. And it's fine with me, for now, as I've just started the game.  Fifteen hours into it, though, constant reminders that there's a little man behind the curtain aren't going to go down as easily. Hitting those blue energy walls isn't going to remind me that, "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be playing a simulation!" I'm just going to roll my eyes.

I hope the developers understand how ironic it is that they spent years creating this beautiful, immersive city just so the game can have all these little reminders that it's all fake.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 05:42:53 PM by Andrew Mallon » Logged
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2007, 05:43:30 PM »

Yeah, its definately gimmicky, but my one redeeming hope is that this is all part of a grander scheme and that its fleshed out/built up in future sequels. Assassin's Creed 2 set in the future? Hot.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2007, 06:12:43 PM »

All the haters who said that this game was only popular because of some hot chick, haha you lose!   icon_twisted
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2007, 07:40:54 PM »

Just finished another assassination...completed many of the optional objectives, and it told an interesting story.  Also, ran into some pretty rough framerate droppage in Jerusalem. 

I remember a review stating you climbed the same tower....maybe they only climbed the minimum amount of towers necessary, but in Jerusalem alone, I had to change strategies while scaling a tower.

I am really enjoying my time with this one.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2007, 07:46:55 PM »

grabbed this last night along with the strategy guide, as it was $10 price matched from cc.  i thought bb was going to give me a huge load of grief trying to get the game matched to fry's today, but luckily, the girl at the one i stopped at this morning made the match with little fuss.  and to boot, i also got crysis for $30 out the door as they "don't deal with gift cards, so just make it $30"  love that i'm actually getting the deals from bb that usually evade me. 

played ac for a few hours last night, up past the first assassination, and i like it.  sure, it's not perfect, but it is a lot of fun.  i like searching out and killing the templars.  if you can't sneak up on them, they are a challenge on open ground.  they do fall victim to hitting them on the head when the climb up to meet me though. 

i took down the first mark perfectly.  that monk blend ability is powerful.  i had him dead in the middle of a dozen guards and was able to walk away.  i also did that to a group of 8 guards around a flag.  as long as they aren't standing side to side, you can chain the short blade kill, and they ignore you, even without a crowd.  i've been able to take out a few saving citizens that way before they catch on and draw their blades.

the gamey aspects andrew went over detract from this more than the usual gamey parts of games, like health packs and exploding barrels.  here, it's not even pretending to be reality, it just is what it is.  i really wish they had buried the sci-fi ness deep in the game and not even mentioned it during the previews.  then they could have revealed it during the epilogue and it would have had such a hit.  plus, they could have made it a bittersweet ending, such as mafia's.  plus, they could have alluded to it all during the game with little touches, like the black cats in the matrix.

in any case, i played it a bit this morning, so it definitely has it's hooks in me.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2007, 08:30:59 PM »

so I got Assassin's Creed during lunch.  I can't wait to get home and fire up the 360!

Only one more game to get for the holidays!!!  Yeah, Mass Effect, I'm looking at you!!!  biggrin
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2007, 01:46:41 AM »

I grabbed the game at Frys today for $39.99.  I'm glad I got it at that price because I'm fairly certain that this game won't live up to the GotY expectations I had hoped for. A quick distillation of my opening impressions:

+Wonderful graphics
+Fluid controls
+Interesting storyline

-The sci-fi aspect can be too intrusive
-The towns are bustling with people, but the overall feeling is very antiseptic. Not much is happening.
-The sidequests lack depth, and do seem like they will get repetitious.

I also wish there was a way for the camera to continuously stay over the shoulder. Perhaps a right bumper toggle. When jumping around the city you can suddenly find the camera facing you, or giving you a side view of the action. You can press the right analog stick to reorient the camera behind you, but it snaps back so quickly that it can be momentarily disorienting.

Overall it seems like a very solid game, but from my initial impression a score of about 80% seems fair.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2007, 02:48:06 AM »

Another target, another botched assassination.  I need to work on my assassinations!  I set it up nicely...but failed to surprise the target.

I've hit all the viewpoints on the overworld map.  Some are a little tricky with all the Templar. 

I LOVE the work AFTER the assassination.  Also, the interesting way that cutscenes are done in this game deserve praise.  Whenever a glitch occurs, you can hit a button to view the scene differently.  I really like that the team gives you the option of watching the scene normally, or, hitting the button and seeing something else.

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2007, 02:52:55 AM »

well, by the time i quit yesterday, i was half-way to damascus. started it up today, rode back to the starting town, & spent another 2 hours boppin' around flag-hunting (gotten 18 so far)...

so yeah, i think this game's gonna amuse me for quite a while smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »

so, is it just me or is anyone else finding the enemy AI lacking?  I'll get into a fight, jump up on the roof, wait for them to climb up and just whack them as they repeatedly try and climb up, or I'll find a couple of guards, assassinate one without the other noticing, hit blend, wait for the other guy to go 'someone killed bob!  oh no! ok, I spent my 5 seconds looking around, let me go back to the same exact spot as be-urk!'.  Heck, I walked up to a guy standing in front 6 or 7 other soldiers, killed him, and then walked away as they other guys slowly walked up to do their 5 second look and then return to formation without the captain standing in front of them.  It seems about the only people I can't just walk up to and kill are the Templars, and with them I'll just do the roof trick until they're dead.  No roof nearby, OK, I'll run away a bit, let them catch up, run a bit more, and eventually I'll find a building to climb.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 16, 2007, 08:38:12 AM

so, is it just me or is anyone else finding the enemy AI lacking?  I'll get into a fight, jump up on the roof, wait for them to climb up and just whack them as they repeatedly try and climb up, or I'll find a couple of guards, assassinate one without the other noticing, hit blend, wait for the other guy to go 'someone killed bob!  oh no! ok, I spent my 5 seconds looking around, let me go back to the same exact spot as be-urk!'.  Heck, I walked up to a guy standing in front 6 or 7 other soldiers, killed him, and then walked away as they other guys slowly walked up to do their 5 second look and then return to formation without the captain standing in front of them.  It seems about the only people I can't just walk up to and kill are the Templars, and with them I'll just do the roof trick until they're dead.  No roof nearby, OK, I'll run away a bit, let them catch up, run a bit more, and eventually I'll find a building to climb.

Yeah, the enemy AI is a little bit dubious at times but I still find it to be slightly above average. It seems to be coded with almost the exact same constraints as the AI in Metal Gear Solid.

I really wish that instead of just jumping in a stack of hay for 10 seconds to lose your pursuers,  you had to actually make it back to a safehouse where you could change clothing. It would be fine to *hide* in the hay, but you would have to sneak past continuously alerted guards until you made it to a safehouse. Only after you actually changed your identity could you walk around freely.

I definitely don't like how I can kill one guard, run past his friend, lose pursuit in 20 seconds, and then walk past the same pursuing guard(s) dressed the same as I was less than a minute ago. There is no real sense of urgency because you know you can always get away in a matter of seconds.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2007, 01:43:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 16, 2007, 08:38:12 AM

I think most of what you are describing is gameplay abstraction instead of AI flaws.  The core of a lot of the game is basically "stealth in plain sight"- you are supposed to be able to go up to someone, kill them, and then move away without getting noticed. It's even designed to allow you to draw guards away by doing such a thing. 

The abstraction comes into play because I think Altair is supposed to camouflage into his surroundings a bit better than what is actually represented.  The same way that Sam Fisher has a giant neon green beacon on his back that is only visible to the player, Altair "stands out" more to us than he does to the characters in the gameworld. 

I've only put in two hours or so but I have to say that I think the AI is excellent for a stealth game.  Stealth game AI above all has to be predictable or it becomes frustrating so I do expect to see "weaknesses".  However the AI's ability to follow me to rooftops, throw stones while I'm climbing, etc is pretty impressive considering most games have their AI"s go blind once you move three feet over an enemy's head. 
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2007, 02:35:23 PM »

I tend to agree. Realistic AI in a stealth game would not be fun. With "real" AI Garret would never have made it out of Lord Bafford's manor, which would make me cry.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »

Anybody figure out a way to get into a city without blending in with scholars? Don't get me wrong, they're always conveniently around when I need to get into the city but I'd prefer to get in all  ninja2-like.

I've killed about half the dudes I need to assassinate thus far. Hopefully there will be some gameplay surprises in store otherwise it's just feeling like a grind to complete investigations, access view points, etc.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2007, 03:07:36 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink
I remember a review stating you climbed the same tower....maybe they only climbed the minimum amount of towers necessary, but in Jerusalem alone, I had to change strategies while scaling a tower.

The tallest point in Acre is really the most complicated climb. It's crazy simple once you notice what you need to do (and congrats to you if you do right off the bat) but it took me a few minutes to figure out where to start.

I've only seen framerate problems one time and it was awful, but I'm also pretty sure it was a glitch because it persisted no matter where I went. I climbed a tower so it would save, quit, and went back in and it was fine in the exact same area.

I can't begin to describe how much I disagree with all the mediocre reviews. Managed to do one of the actual assassinations without getting caught by any guards, which felt awesome.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »

Quote from: spigot on November 16, 2007, 02:55:47 PM

Anybody figure out a way to get into a city without blending in with scholars? Don't get me wrong, they're always conveniently around when I need to get into the city but I'd prefer to get in all  ninja2-like.

Have you tried creating a distraction?   I don't know if it will work (I went the scholar route) but it's an idea. 
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2007, 03:24:49 PM »

I've only finished one assassination, but I got some achievement for doing it all sneaky-like.  Blade in the crowd, or something like that. 

I've gotten a hang of the controls now and I am liking it.  I had some side quest in Jerusalem where I had to collect 18 flags in 3 minutes and it really was neat to run and leap across the roof tops.  I really practiced on controls in the home-base city and found all 20 flags there to get a good grip on the controls and what not.

Combat is much better with counter-kill moves.  I'm looking forward to new combat things as I move along in the game. 

Someone mentioned it earlier, but it's good to go to the start menu after you complete an investigation and read up and view any attachments that may be there.  Neat for people who like to scan everything (a la Metroid Prime).

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2007, 03:25:32 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 16, 2007, 03:08:46 PM

Have you tried creating a distraction?   I don't know if it will work (I went the scholar route) but it's an idea. 

What's this distraction business all about?  Do you just execute someone in close proximity to the guards?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 16, 2007, 03:25:32 PM

What's this distraction business all about?  Do you just execute someone in close proximity to the guards?

If you assassinate a guard then it will attract other guards away from their posts. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »

I got into Acre by climbing around the side of the gate, walking over the guards, and hopping across a few poles.

I completely botched by first assassination attempt in Damascus.  I followed the guy too closely, and he turned around and - along with 3 of his guards - started attacking.  I outran the guards, but the mark kept up with me pretty well.  Ended up in a one-on-one swordfight with him in an alley, and finally brought him down.  It wasn't nearly as satisfying as doing a stealth kill, but was still pretty fun.  I'm really liking the combat now that I got some counter moves.  There's nothing like doing a flying face-stab on one guard, then using counter moves to whack his buddies.  Some of those moves are simply awesome.   

Probably my least favorite part right now is horse riding between cities.  It probably won't be a big deal once I clear all the View Point markers, but there always seem to be a shit-ton of guards around each one.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2007, 03:35:19 PM »

Yeah about the horseback riding.  Is anyone else as confused with the Kingdom hub as I am?  I can barely find my way through it!
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »

I've just climbed the towers there too. It removes the map fog and shows the 'roads'.
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2007, 03:41:09 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 16, 2007, 03:35:19 PM

Yeah about the horseback riding.  Is anyone else as confused with the Kingdom hub as I am?  I can barely find my way through it!

After hitting all the major cities you should be able to warp to them directly instead of riding around (either that or I got to enough viewpoints on the world map). You have to ride past the main arch of Masayf (sp?) and a there will be a menu to select your destination city.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:59:21 PM by spigot » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on November 16, 2007, 03:30:25 PM

Probably my least favorite part right now is horse riding between cities.  It probably won't be a big deal once I clear all the View Point markers, but there always seem to be a shit-ton of guards around each one.

those damn guards and their speed limits!!!  icon_mad

Because I can,
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 16, 2007, 04:20:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 16, 2007, 03:57:56 PM

I finished Jerusalem (2nd kill) last night and was heading to Acre before calling it a night. I was like "screw the speed limit" so I just galloped full tilt from waypoint to waypoint purposefully reigning chaos on civilians and just killing any guards around when I stopped to do the waypoint. Not exactly stealthily keeping the Creed a secret, but quite a bit of fun! smile

-John

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2007, 04:29:11 PM »

Quote from: JCC on November 16, 2007, 04:20:42 PM

I finished Jerusalem (2nd kill) last night and was heading to Acre before calling it a night. I was like "screw the speed limit" so I just galloped full tilt from waypoint to waypoint purposefully reigning chaos on civilians and just killing any guards around when I stopped to do the waypoint. Not exactly stealthily keeping the Creed a secret, but quite a bit of fun! smile

About the guards in the Kingdom...is that why they attack you; because you are not using the blend button when on the horse?  I wondered why when I first went in there they attacked me on sight.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2007, 04:30:56 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 16, 2007, 04:29:11 PM

About the guards in the Kingdom...is that why they attack you; because you are not using the blend button when on the horse?  I wondered why when I first went in there they attacked me on sight.

if you move past them on horseback at any pace faster than your blend pace they'll come after you.  it's profiling I tell you!

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2007, 04:31:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 16, 2007, 04:30:56 PM

if you move past them on horseback at any pace faster than your blend pace they'll come after you.  it's profiling I tell you!

Damn guards!!  /shakes fist
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »

Yeah, you just use the status indicator and when it starts blinking red then you need to be in Blend mode if you don't want them to chase you. 
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »

Not exactly stealthily keeping the Creed a secret, but quite a bit of fun! smile

I look at it this way - there's nobody left alive to tell others about you, so your secret remains safe. biggrin

And even though the game really hasn't changed much since the first assassination (short of there now being archers on some rooftops), I'm having a TON of fun playing. The game really is open ended, and just jumping fomr rooftop to rooftop is hella fun. The animation system is spot-on perfect, too.

And my Damascus kill (the first assassination goal) went quickly down - I just waited until he was busy talking to some shopkeeper nearby, Blended in close, and knifed him one. Messy, and VERY public, but damnit, it was fun.

My favorite moment so far - tossing an archer off a third story rooftop and listening to the gasp of at least a dozen citizens as he crashed to the ground dead.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:17:14 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »

Just starting this.
I like it so far, but have a question.
I'm heading to the tower after the first botched assassination attempt.
Along the way, some of the characters have a "glow" around them.
What does that mean?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2007, 05:17:08 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 16, 2007, 05:14:33 PM

Not exactly stealthily keeping the Creed a secret, but quite a bit of fun! smile

I look at it this way - there's nobody left alive to tell others about you, so your secret remains safe. biggrin

yeah, just declare it a black op- no witnesses  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2007, 05:27:29 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 16, 2007, 05:14:33 PM

My favorite moment so far - tossing an archer off a third story rooftop and listening to the gasp of at least a dozen citizens as he crashed to the ground dead.

I love grabbing the guards and throwing them off rooftops.  Especially when you do it in the middle of a 4-5 person combat.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2007, 05:54:31 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on November 16, 2007, 05:16:44 PM

Just starting this.
I like it so far, but have a question.
I'm heading to the tower after the first botched assassination attempt.
Along the way, some of the characters have a "glow" around them.
What does that mean?

The glow has something to do with the type of NPC it is.  In the training session it tells you what white means, vs blue, red, or yellow.   I honestly can't remember now frown
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »

Generally the glow either means it's a guard or someone having to do with an investigation (which you would begin my left clicking on them).

-John

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2007, 06:33:50 PM »

I have oft wondered if it would be possible to kill every last man and woman in one of these towns.  Methodically take your time and pop them off until the town was a ghost town.  Might try it after I beat it.  That would friggin cool to pull off.  My fear is that new ones would spawn indefinitely or people just walking in the front gate would make it impossible. 

I bet, before I try it, we hear of someone doing it.  Mark my words. 

On a negative note.  The ONLY negative I have with the game is lack of variety.  All the cities looks the same to me and the missions, side quests, etc are all identical.  I can see how some of the reviewers colored it bored later on.  I could see that happending easily.  Luckily there are just so many things to play around with that that might make up for the central story's boredom. 

As for presentation  I find this the most impressive game on the 360 to date.  The attention to detail is way over the top.  Love that aspect and what I was looking for this gen in the graphics department. 

I am Xboxalot on Live.
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2007, 07:02:24 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on November 16, 2007, 06:33:50 PM

I have oft wondered if it would be possible to kill every last man and woman in one of these towns.  Methodically take your time and pop them off until the town was a ghost town.  Might try it after I beat it.  That would friggin cool to pull off.  My fear is that new ones would spawn indefinitely or people just walking in the front gate would make it impossible. 

I bet, before I try it, we hear of someone doing it.  Mark my words. 

It's probably pretty unlikely we could get to do that. People would still continually file in from those magical blue areas of the map that your "memory" couldn't access. Or maybe your "memory" would constantly recollect memories of people populating the areas. Would be interesting though.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:06:29 PM by spigot » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »

no to mention that three innocent kills = death.  not sure if your health regens after that or if there's a bigger time limit before it does, but that's what they said would happen.

and yeah, i got into jerusalem by running across the beams over the entrance.  there's also multiple entrance points, so there may be some variance there.

the 'blade in the crowd' works great except for saving citizens.  they are just too close to one another to get them without a buddy noticing.  they must already be in an informed state.  i can sometimes knife two before they swarm me though. 

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »

Ditto...if you walk by and lock-on and assassinate at the right time, you can usually get one, sometimes two.

Or, the guard can totally grab your arm, stopping the attempt and throw you backwards.  I always feel silly when that happens biggrin

Let me mention my feelings on the combat.  I find it's simplicity to be endearing.  I really enjoy the feeling of the combo system, and sometimes I just wait for a guy to try to strike me when I counter.  And countering attackers is INCREDIBLY satisfying.  Sometimes you can smack a guy, thrusting him backwards, at other times, you can brutally strike someone down.

I love jumping on the rooftops, and especially, taking out the archers up top.

TheMissingLink on PSN
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »

Working on the 2nd assassination now, and I definately agree with the high-end reviews rather than the mid range ones.

I could see how rushing through would make it seem repetitive and stale, but part of the fun of open ended games is finding stuff to do yourself, to prevent that.

I've disabled the HUD completely, and only use the map occassionally. I just kind of wander around, finding stuff to do, searching for flags, and finding interesting locals. Having alot more fun doing this rather than bee-lining to each objective.

I'm really astounded by how huge the game world is. I thought the opening city was decent sized, then I started roaming 'The Kingdom', and was pretty impressed. However those two pale in comparison to the major cities, which look to be gigantic and even better, unique. All of them seem to have tons of interesting points of interests. I can't wait till more of the cities open up and I can explore some of these great looking buildings I see in the distance.

Very reminiscint of PoP, from the combat to the 'platforming', but its made all the better by having the open-ended world to roam around in.

I certainly agree more 'side quests' would have put this over the top, but its not really hampering my enjoyment so far. I imagine once I unlock more combat options (throwing knives!!), I'll find ways to cause alot more trouble to keep myself entertained.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: