http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:58:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/PS3] Assassin's Creed Revelations  (Read 7249 times)
Nonnahob
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »

ACIII is going to run the same friggin engine sadly. That's my biggest turn off at this point.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on July 20, 2012, 06:00:55 PM

The hookblade helps when I'm falling or jumping a long distance, but it seems to slow Ezio dramatically in his climbing.

Oh yes, I did like the hookblade, fair point.

Sorry you didn't get more enjoyment out of the ending than I did. I was groaning when I saw I had to play the chariot ramming game again. I almost quit the game forever back in February when I had to play the beginning chariot sequence over a dozen times to get by it. I didn't have nearly as hard a time when I replayed it in this play through, but it still wasn't any fun.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on July 22, 2012, 05:12:39 PM

ACIII is going to run the same friggin engine sadly. That's my biggest turn off at this point.

Do you feel the same way about the Call of Duty series?  Talk about milking the engine
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »

Quote from: JCC on July 22, 2012, 09:14:10 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on July 20, 2012, 06:00:55 PM

The hookblade helps when I'm falling or jumping a long distance, but it seems to slow Ezio dramatically in his climbing.

Oh yes, I did like the hookblade, fair point.

The hookblade had its use, but the use wasn't really "active".  When falling the hookblade would aid in stopping your fall, but there wasn't much you could really choose to do with it. 

And for me the bombs were a completely useless aspect of the game.  Initial trailers got me excited about the new weapons, but I found that I never had any use for them.  A shame, really.

Sorry you didn't get more enjoyment out of the ending than I did. I was groaning when I saw I had to play the chariot ramming game again. I almost quit the game forever back in February when I had to play the beginning chariot sequence over a dozen times to get by it. I didn't have nearly as hard a time when I replayed it in this play through, but it still wasn't any fun.

After the initial stagecoach series, I was completely disappointed when I saw I'd have to go through it again.  Fortunately I was able to get through in one try.  Still, what a disappointing end sequence to the game. 

And yet I can't help but feel some excitement for ACIII.  So far it looks pretty cool, as long as there are no more stagecoach sequences.   disgust

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »

Yeah, in normal use the hookblade just seems to add extra animation to normal climbing, which slows things down.  Not a big fan.

The bombs are more of a nuisance than fun to use.  They're counter-thematic as well.  I never really used those things in earlier games, and I hate that they were given such a focus in this one.  I still like going on treasure hunts through the city, but to see one from afar then discover that it's a bomb parts one is always a disappointment.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »

Quote from: naednek on July 23, 2012, 05:18:46 PM

Quote from: Nonnahob on July 22, 2012, 05:12:39 PM

Do you feel the same way about the Call of Duty series?  Talk about milking the engine

last I heard ACIII is using a new engine:

Assassin's Creed III is powered by Ubisoft-AnvilNext, a revolutionary new game engine that delivers breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence. Assassin's Creed III will feature a ground-breaking level of stunning graphics that bring Colonial America to life.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:21 AM »

since I got this as a Steam gift I decided to give it one last shot, and have made it about halfway through so far.  I'm pretty much ignoring everything except the main story, and since it's totally worthless I'm not bothering with the optional goals for 100% sync, and this makes the game much more enjoyable.  I've also been bribing the heralds to keep from having to waste my time with tower defense, so other than the tutorial I haven't had to touch that aspect.  oh, and bombs, haven't even looked at them past the mandatory mission to learn how to make them.

apparently at some point they removed the requirement to hunt down Animus fragments to participate in Desmond's Journey, so now I can enjoy those in-game without having to hunt all over the city.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »

Desmond sequences were, IMO, a fun way to fill in his backstory a bit.

The tower defense game is easy to defeat. Simply take over towers, go in and assign an assassin to the tower. Then send them on a few missions (or call on them extensively) and they go up in experience. When they get to lvl10, you'll then get a mission to train them up to lvl14, and then a final mission to get to lvl15. If you have master assassins in your towers (which is incredibly easy to do) you're never at risk - EVER. IIRC there are 7 towers. Plus, then you get some unique in-game missions out of it.

Hated chariots, and the game felt otherwise hollow. I've always liked Altair, I like Ezio less.

The hookblade (used in climbing) adds about a foot to your reach, so while it seems to "slow" you down, you wouldn't be able to reach the next ledge otherwise. You can use the hookblade to "catch" the ziplines as well, so even if you're not at the tower, you can still hold the hook out mid-air and hop a line.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:18 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 15, 2012, 03:27:38 PM

Desmond sequences were, IMO, a fun way to fill in his backstory a bit.

The tower defense game is easy to defeat. Simply take over towers, go in and assign an assassin to the tower. Then send them on a few missions (or call on them extensively) and they go up in experience. When they get to lvl10, you'll then get a mission to train them up to lvl14, and then a final mission to get to lvl15. If you have master assassins in your towers (which is incredibly easy to do) you're never at risk - EVER. IIRC there are 7 towers. Plus, then you get some unique in-game missions out of it.

Hated chariots, and the game felt otherwise hollow. I've always liked Altair, I like Ezio less.

The hookblade (used in climbing) adds about a foot to your reach, so while it seems to "slow" you down, you wouldn't be able to reach the next ledge otherwise. You can use the hookblade to "catch" the ziplines as well, so even if you're not at the tower, you can still hold the hook out mid-air and hop a line.

In theory, the hookblade extends your reach.  In practice, the hookblade slows you down for 90% of your climbing, then extends your reach for the other 10%.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:49 AM »

Played through the Desmond sequences; it was OK but nothing really groundbreaking that made me go OMG and the gameplay made it feel like a poor man's Portal.  whole sequence took less than a hour, not having to collect those animus fragments was very nice.  getting towards the end now, with Ezio 'out of town' for a sequence, and I figure I'll just know this one out before continuing with Sleeping Dogs.  The Lost Archive also came with Revelations, but I hear it's more of the same stuff you do in Desmond's Journey so I may skip it and just look it up online.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: