http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:01:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Pc Version  (Read 1730 times)
ANZAC
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:59:50 PM »

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and so far it seems very good. I never played the console version, so can't compare.

I have everything at max, so the graphics look pretty incredible, and the town scenes are the most life like that I have seen in any game. Dozens of people on screen at the same time all going about different routines.

Game play is pretty fluid and reminds be a bit of the old Prince of Persia games but with more realism.
Voice acting is well done.
Historical setting and players of the time seem pretty close as well.
There seems to be lots to do, although I see that some of the missions are repetitive.

There is some consolitus as seen in the HUD layout and save system, but it seems tolerable.
Riding a horse at full gallop seems more like riding a frog with the greenapple quickstep, but that aside it seems like
a lot of good gaming here.

Anyone have any thoughts on the PC version?

Byte me
Greggy_D
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »

Is it any better than the wash, rinse, repeat missions included in console version?  At first I liked the game, but got utterly bored with it after a few hours.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:53:27 PM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on April 21, 2008, 04:33:24 PM

Is it any better than the wash, rinse, repeat missions included in console version?  At first I liked the game, but got utterly bored with it after a few hours.

From what I've read, it's the same game with a few more collectible missions thrown in. If you were bored with the original, you'll likely be bored here.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »

I picked this up this weekend and got in maybe 4 or 5 hours of playtime. I'm intrigued with the game but trying to master the controls has been interesting. I do like the environments and the eagle vision makes me proud of my rig. nod I plan on getting more trigger time in before making my decision as to whether it is a good game or not.

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »

“Yay I’m a bad ass assassin who can drop three stories into a hay bale and live!  yay I will just drop off this two foot dock and hide in the water!  nooooooo I can’t swim!!!" *dead*
 icon_confused

A few odd design decisions aside I’m actually enjoying it quite a lot.  I do have to say that I hate the control scheme though.  Half the time I’m trying to walk peacefully through a city and I end up punching random people.  I guess I just can’t help myself. 
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »

Started playing it Friday night and then more on Saturday.  So far, I'm liking it.  I passed Damascus and am just entering Acre.

I love throwing archers off their watch towers, lol.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 07:24:02 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on April 28, 2008, 06:08:52 PM

ďYay Iím a bad ass assassin who can drop three stories into a hay bale and live!  yay I will just drop off this two foot dock and hide in the water!  nooooooo I canít swim!!!" *dead*
 icon_confused

A few odd design decisions aside Iím actually enjoying it quite a lot.  I do have to say that I hate the control scheme though.  Half the time Iím trying to walk peacefully through a city and I end up punching random people.  I guess I just canít help myself. 

LOL....."Hi how'ya doing *PUNCH* whoops sorry"

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:55:34 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 28, 2008, 07:24:02 PM

ďYay Iím a bad ass assassin who can drop three stories into a hay bale and live!  yay I will just drop off this two foot dock and hide in the water!  nooooooo I canít swim!!!" *dead*
 icon_confused

A few odd design decisions aside Iím actually enjoying it quite a lot.  I do have to say that I hate the control scheme though.  Half the time Iím trying to walk peacefully through a city and I end up punching random people.  I guess I just canít help myself. 

LOL....."Hi how'ya doing *PUNCH* whoops sorry"
This happened to me on my first Pickpocket mission. "Stealthily I move, locking onto my target, slowly reaching, gaining, ->POW!<- right in the face! Dammit, where was that haystack?!"

hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »

I'm enjoying the hunt for Templars. I love to sneak up to them and stab them with my hidden knife. Ha Ha! Does anyone know what happens if you get all of the flags, kill all of the Templars, etc.?

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 02:57:35 PM »

Quote from: hispanicgamer on May 08, 2008, 12:27:27 PM

I'm enjoying the hunt for Templars. I love to sneak up to them and stab them with my hidden knife. Ha Ha! Does anyone know what happens if you get all of the flags, kill all of the Templars, etc.?

You feel a sense of satisfaction wash over you. Then a Grue punches you in the face.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »

icon_confused

icon_lol

ďMy next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 01:56:04 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 10, 2008, 10:25:22 PM

icon_confused

icon_lol

in all fairness you are probably wearing a chain mail shirt and carrying a bunch of different weapons  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »

I really enjoyed the game but the ending was disappointing. I'm on a mission now to collect all of the flags and eliminate the Templars. I would give it a 4 out of 5 thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »

I'd like to try it, but unfortunately it's 1 of the few games that the 'can you run this game' site has reported my PC lacks the resources to even run it on minimal settings. I haven't tried it on the 360 yet either.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 09:59:01 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on May 29, 2008, 05:10:57 PM

I'd like to try it, but unfortunately it's 1 of the few games that the 'can you run this game' site has reported my PC lacks the resources to even run it on minimal settings. I haven't tried it on the 360 yet either.

Well that site shows me as a FAIL and below minimum but it runs fine for me with one problem..after i play for a good while it slows to a creep crawl and I have to exit. I haven't restarted it since it did that. It must kill my memory or something. But when I was playing it it was smooth and fun.

specs...
AMD FX-53
2 gig XMS PC3200
7800GS AGP 256
XP SP3

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: