http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:07:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC (mouse/keyboard)  (Read 1564 times)
earicci
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »

Looking for those who loved or hated the PC version of AC:Brotherhood - and any compare contrast to the console version?

Gamertag earicci on PS3 and Xbox 360
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »

Are you looking only for comments regarding the quality of the PC porting, or do you want more general information? I played through the game on PC with the 360-controller, and it was a smooth experience.
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »

No big thread on this? Is it all just on the console side of things?
Anyway, to me, this is an awesome series and is packed with more content than just about anything I've played. I'm having a blast. But they played a dirty trick on me today. There is a viewpoint on top of a aquaduct that has rushing water over the edge. I tried every which way to climb that thing. Then I got the climbing gloves and tried over an over again. Gave up after about a half hr. Went on-line and found out that
Spoiler for Hiden:
you have to defeat a nearby Borgia tower first and that area doesn't even open up til memory block 7.
I cry foul!!! Unfair!!!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »

Quote from: Greg Wak on July 25, 2011, 03:51:52 PM

I think Ubisots asstastic DRM debacle scared off most people, plus the delay probably didn't help either.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »

I bought this during the steam summer sale and I'm having a lot of fun with the games.

I would say that keyboard/mouse is serviceable, but found it works way better with a controller.

As a game overall this is a way better improvement over the first one, but there are some minor annoyances, like the free running can be a pain sometimes.  I'm finishing ACII and definitely looking forward to starting ACB.
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 01:09:28 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 25, 2011, 03:56:35 PM

I think Ubisots asstastic DRM debacle scared off most people, plus the delay probably didn't help either.

I've been holding off on Brotherhood because I'm getting all kinds of conflicting info on the DRM from my Google searches. I've read that it has the always-on type, the activation-only type, and no DRM at all. Which is correct??? I'd be looking at the physical disk version.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 01:43:14 AM »

Quote from: Giles Habibula on July 29, 2011, 01:09:28 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on July 25, 2011, 03:56:35 PM

I've been holding off on Brotherhood because I'm getting all kinds of conflicting info on the DRM from my Google searches. I've read that it has the always-on type, the activation-only type, and no DRM at all. Which is correct??? I'd be looking at the physical disk version.

IIRC it logs in when you fire up the game, but you can play offline once that is done.

Because I can,
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »

I got it in the last steam sale. It logs into Uplay every time before it starts. Maybe there is an offline setting, but I have no idea and it runs fine for me this way so I haven't looked for it. Great game. Even more to do than AC2. I am so enjoying bringing up my own group of assassin's and watching them get better.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 04:35:24 PM »

Quote from: Greg Wak on July 29, 2011, 04:29:50 PM

I got it in the last steam sale. It logs into Uplay every time before it starts. Maybe there is an offline setting, but I have no idea and it runs fine for me this way so I haven't looked for it. Great game. Even more to do than AC2. I am so enjoying bringing up my own group of assassin's and watching them get better.

how's the mouse working for you?  I played it on a friends PC and it seemed the view would hiccup when I moved the mouse to look around, like they didn't implement mouse smoothing properly.

Because I can,
Greg Wak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »

Mouse works great for me. I haven't noticed any hitching at all. The engine is rather impressive. lots of detail, lots of civilians and when I have to run like hell to get away from the guards everything is butter smooth on max @1650.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: