http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 11:15:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/XB1/PS3/PS4/Wii U/PC]Assassin's Creed IV:Black Flag  (Read 12872 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »

I need to do this. 

http://kotaku.com/how-to-make-assassins-creed-iv-more-immersive-1472744643

makes all the gamey-ness go away.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2013, 02:19:18 AM »

Pretty sweet glitch.

http://wimp.com/bestglitch/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake up.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on November 29, 2013, 02:19:18 AM

Pretty sweet glitch.

http://wimp.com/bestglitch/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erm...http://gamingtrend.com/forums/console-gaming/assassin's-creed-4-next-year-and-with-co-op/msg946736/#msg946736

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 27, 2013, 10:00:41 PM

I need to do this.  

http://kotaku.com/how-to-make-assassins-creed-iv-more-immersive-1472744643

makes all the gamey-ness go away.

I would say, if you or anyone has the Wii U version, just enable gamepad optimization and all of the hud options are moved to the gamepad, and you play with a pristine screen with nothing taking you away from the world, and a quick game pad glance gives you all the info you need.

This is What I see

And the Gamepad
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:35:03 PM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2013, 11:04:23 PM »

I tried removing the puppeteer portion of the HUD, but I found it ended up with me forgetting to loot all the time, instead of only half the time icon_lol

so far I've taken a good portion of the forts, only 3 or 4 left (and one sector that doesn't have one).  been going around looking for treasure maps to find plans to unlock all the ship upgrades while doing that.  Figure Kidd can wait in the Yucatan for now.

got into a vicious cycle of battles where it seemed like the game kept spawning frigates and brigs right on top of me, must have had about 20 battles in a row with tons of metal gained.  really wish they had made the cutscenes for boarding and the repairing/freeing/commandeering options skippable though.  captured a man o war for my fleet now too, with no help from the weather this time biggrin

Also have Captain Morgan's and Drake's stuff, I cannot decide whose armor I like better though.  Morgan's has the hat while Drake's has the armor.  the wepons I got from them kinda stink at this point though, both sword and pistol sets give me equal or worse stats.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 29, 2013, 11:04:23 PM

really wish they had made the cutscenes for boarding and the repairing/freeing/commandeering options skippable though. 

These are definitely skippable on the PC.  Seems odd they'd be mandatory on the consoles, unless they're masking drive access.

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2013, 12:18:18 AM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on November 30, 2013, 12:00:26 AM

really wish they had made the cutscenes for boarding and the repairing/freeing/commandeering options skippable though. 

These are definitely skippable on the PC.  Seems odd they'd be mandatory on the consoles, unless they're masking drive access.

-Autistic Angel

how? every key/button I've tried hitting on the PC seems to do nothing to skip them.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2013, 12:58:47 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2013, 12:18:18 AM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on November 30, 2013, 12:00:26 AM

-Autistic Angel

how? every key/button I've tried hitting on the PC seems to do nothing to skip them.

Triangle works on ps4
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2013, 01:30:43 AM »

heh, apparently I never hit the E key during those cutscenes.  probably tried every key but.

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2013, 02:56:03 AM »

This was rather well timed
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1399226300319249
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2013, 07:56:53 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 30, 2013, 02:56:03 AM

not sure what was well timed about that- you were well out of the blast range of the explosion.  I know because I just did that mission:)

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2013, 07:56:53 AM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 30, 2013, 02:56:03 AM

not sure what was well timed about that- you were well out of the blast range of the explosion.  I know because I just did that mission:)
the mission freeze frame with the two guards in mid air as I double assassinate.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »

Still can't play this damn game on my PS4. Well... not so much can't as refuse to as it will not log into UPlay. Because of that, there's no progress tracking, no use of the 'Companion App' and a giant blue box keeps popping up reminding me I'm not connected - over and over.  disgust

Went back to AC2 on the PS3 and it connects to UPlay just fine and shows me all of the previous AC games I've played. Create a support case but no clue how long it will be before it's answered or if it will be any kind of helpful.  [sigh]

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2013, 04:10:08 PM »

The companion app is out for iOS phones now, not sure if that means it is for Android as well.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on November 30, 2013, 02:42:21 PM

Still can't play this damn game on my PS4. Well... not so much can't as refuse to as it will not log into UPlay. Because of that, there's no progress tracking, no use of the 'Companion App' and a giant blue box keeps popping up reminding me I'm not connected - over and over.  disgust

Went back to AC2 on the PS3 and it connects to UPlay just fine and shows me all of the previous AC games I've played. Create a support case but no clue how long it will be before it's answered or if it will be any kind of helpful.  [sigh]

their support of uPlay and the Initiates website sucks.  The Initiates site is supposed to tie in with stuff you do in the game, but it is still in alpha and not really working as it is supposed to.  I wonder if they decided to put the thing together at the last minute.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2013, 06:58:08 PM »

on another note, I hate the legendary ship in the southeast sector.  the fight takes place in fog, making it hard to see the mortar indicators.  not that it matters, the thing must have a ton of them with a massive range plus it can move extremely quickly.  got it down to half health with hull, mortar and shot all one level below the highest they can go, figure I'll wait until I have all the upgrades to go back.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

on another note, I hate the legendary ship in the southeast sector.  the fight takes place in fog, making it hard to see the mortar indicators.  not that it matters, the thing must have a ton of them with a massive range plus it can move extremely quickly.  got it down to half health with hull, mortar and shot all one level below the highest they can go, figure I'll wait until I have all the upgrades to go back.

Upgrade your ship!!  icon_razz
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 30, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

Upgrade your ship!!  icon_razz

yeah, I figure if I could get it to half with almost all the upgrades I should be able to get it to at least 1/4 with all of them.  of course if it would let me use my fleet slywink

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »

also, whoever at Ubi came up with the fleet battle setup needs to be fired.  that minigame would be lame on a cell phone, it isn't any better on the big screen.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2013, 07:38:10 PM

also, whoever at Ubi came up with the fleet battle setup needs to be fired.  that minigame would be lame on a cell phone, it isn't any better on the big screen.

I figured that's why it was only on tablets, but it works on phones now. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 30, 2013, 07:42:54 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 30, 2013, 07:38:10 PM

I figured that's why it was only on tablets, but it works on phones now. 

yeah, that minigame is the same one in the console/PC versions.  horrible minigame, they should have done something different for the non-mobile versions.

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »

I take back what I said about assassinations being hard to perform without creating mayhem.  AC4 is so forgiving on button timing and when animations start, that it's really easy to pull off some very slick looking assassinations.  I also appreciate that there are a lot more options in the toolkit too.  I was able to complete one last night having an NPC do the dirty work courtesy of a berserker dart (the effect is just like the hilarious Enrage spell from Oblivion).

They did such a good job with the animation detection areas that it's so much more intuitive than what I remember from AC2.  For the most part when I'm trying to escape, or to fly in for a quick hit and run, Edward does exactly what I intend. 

Also...I love the pirate-sailing part of the game.  So good.   
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on December 02, 2013, 05:30:18 PM

I take back what I said about assassinations being hard to perform without creating mayhem.  AC4 is so forgiving on button timing and when animations start, that it's really easy to pull off some very slick looking assassinations.  I also appreciate that there are a lot more options in the toolkit too.  I was able to complete one last night having an NPC do the dirty work courtesy of a berserker dart (the effect is just like the hilarious Enrage spell from Oblivion).

They did such a good job with the animation detection areas that it's so much more intuitive than what I remember from AC2.  For the most part when I'm trying to escape, or to fly in for a quick hit and run, Edward does exactly what I intend. 

Also...I love the pirate-sailing part of the game.  So good.   

that's my favorite method and so overpowered that it kind of takes away from the stealth segments. 

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2013, 05:51:35 PM »

Does anyone know what the collectibles you can get from the Fleet mini-game do?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »

30 hours played.... total time in stealth.... 14:44 minutes.....

paranoid

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 02, 2013, 05:51:35 PM

Does anyone know what the collectibles you can get from the Fleet mini-game do?

some of them are unlocks for the ship, but most seem to be just more junk to collect without meaning anything.  I haven't looked in the fort to see if that stuff actually gets added somewhere though.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »

even though I already spent the money on them, are the upgrades for the mansion in the 'home base' good for anything other than aesthetics? 

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2013, 05:53:02 PM

paranoid
5:58 for 22 hours thumbsup  He's a pirate not a ninja!  Or is he... ninja      
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on December 02, 2013, 06:05:20 PM

paranoid
5:58 for 22 hours thumbsup  He's a pirate not a ninja!  Or is he... ninja     

I think I may have only gotten the stealth that high because I left the game running in the middle of a mission while I stepped away for a restroom break.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2013, 06:00:19 PM

even though I already spent the money on them, are the upgrades for the mansion in the 'home base' good for anything other than aesthetics? 

not that I can tell.  that whole building seems like an afterthought to me.  it's there because AC2 and 3 had one, but they didn't gate lock any upgrades behind it, so you can ignore it, afaik.

really, it's a bit silly that they have so many weapons and outfits when the vast majority of the outfits do nothing and you can buy the best weapons early on anyways. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 02, 2013, 06:26:54 PM

really, it's a bit silly that they have so many weapons and outfits when the vast majority of the outfits do nothing and you can buy the best weapons early on anyways. 

agreed.  I remember in AC2 better armor pieces and weapons would unlock as you progressed, but in AC4 I bought the best pistols and swords, and got the Templar armor quickly.  I think there may be an unlockable pistol that does more damage, but with headshots it doesn't matter much.  even the weapons from the bonus islands are weaker, although Captain Morgan's outfit does have a nice hat.

on a related note, I really wish they had taken into account what you are wearing for the cutscenes.  It seems silly for people to say that Edward shouldn't be wearing the assassin's clothing when, in  fact, he is not.  Oh, and some cutscenes show him raising a hood over his head, even when you do not have one.  I know, minor complaints, but with all the detail they put in you'd think they would have caught things like that.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2013, 06:34:08 PM

Quote from: Caine on December 02, 2013, 06:26:54 PM

agreed.  I remember in AC2 better armor pieces and weapons would unlock as you progressed, but in AC4 I bought the best pistols and swords, and got the Templar armor quickly.  I think there may be an unlockable pistol that does more damage, but with headshots it doesn't matter much.  even the weapons from the bonus islands are weaker, although Captain Morgan's outfit does have a nice hat.

on a related note, I really wish they had taken into account what you are wearing for the cutscenes.  It seems silly for people to say that Edward shouldn't be wearing the assassin's clothing when, in  fact, he is not.  Oh, and some cutscenes show him raising a hood over his head, even when you do not have one.  I know, minor complaints, but with all the detail they put in you'd think they would have caught things like that.
yeah, although the last time I was dropped out of the animus, Edward was wearing the wild-cat outfit when I came back.  made for an interesting scene with him and the redhead girl.  I guess Edward is a bit of a player when I'm not around to control him.  biggrin

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 27, 2013, 08:35:45 PM

I need to remember to edit these down. 

In which the Storm Troopers guard an assassination target  start this at 6:20 unless you want to see me sail around for a while.

You know the trim feature is super easy to use on the PS4, just sayin'.  Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »

same thing happened to me.  dropped out of the animus, did some hacking and saw some familiar faces, and then bam!  Thundercats cosplay Kenway at your service, hanging out with Kidd.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »

I only upgraded the hideout because I had so much money from the mini-game that I could buy anything.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 02, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »

Yeah, I don't lack for money, I lack for wood and metal...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 02, 2013, 06:54:18 PM

I only upgraded the hideout because I had so much money from the mini-game that I could buy anything.

I need to focus on the fleet trading stuff.  I always forget about it unless I go into the cabin.

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2013, 07:32:46 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on December 02, 2013, 06:54:18 PM

I need to focus on the fleet trading stuff.  I always forget about it unless I go into the cabin.

Use the app you love, I do!
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2013, 08:41:45 PM »

yeah, the only bad part about it is you have to exit out of the app-link mode to collect your reales.  I had been running so many fleet actions that I'd banked 100k but was broke in-game.  didn't realize it until I went to buy some upgrade for the ship. 

yea, the wood and metal requirements for the elite upgrades is huge.  been sailing around looking for man 'o wars and the like just hoping for decent hauls.  going to be a while.

also harvested a white whale yesterday.  quite a fight, but with the boat maxed out, very easy. 

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »

paranoid

ceekay you're playing it wrong Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: