http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 10:30:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2 interest? (Now with Impressions - starting on pg 2)  (Read 29481 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2195


View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 11, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »

I'm late to the party on this as I just bought it yesterday. I really disliked AssCreed 1 after about 3 hours with it. The game was becoming a checklist of chores rather than a game (ride horse down hill to new part of town, climb up all towers to unfog the map, fight guards at pre-determined locations, sit on park benches and listen to people, assassinate someone, rinse & repeat).

I initially had no interest in this game, but overwhelming praise and the reports that everything I hated about the first game was revamped made me come around, so I picked it up yesterday. I'm about three hours in and having a great time with it. There is an actual story that progresses, there are more things to do within the city, and I like the Italian location much better.

One problem I have is that the game doesn't do a great job of teaching you the mechanics. I still don't know what I can and can't do. They throw you into the first fight in the parking garage without even telling you what button is used to punch (it's X). I'm discovering vendors all over the place but everything is "sold out" or "unavailable". There is an "Eagle Vision" button but I have no idea what that does other than make the world turn blue.

I do have one question though. I bought a treasure map and now all of the treasure chest locations are indicated on the map. However, I can't seem to get to them all. There are a few that appear to be "inside" the building, in that I'm up against the wall and can heare the treasure "noise" but I can't see it and the map indicator seems to show that it's inside the building. When I go to the roof and stand exactly where the map indicator says it should be, it's not there and the noise is gone which means I'm too far away from it. Not sure if this is something I can't access yet or not, but it's preventing me from getting four or five chests in the first area already.
Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:47 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 11, 2010, 02:28:20 PM

I do have one question though. I bought a treasure map and now all of the treasure chest locations are indicated on the map. However, I can't seem to get to them all. There are a few that appear to be "inside" the building, in that I'm up against the wall and can heare the treasure "noise" but I can't see it and the map indicator seems to show that it's inside the building. When I go to the roof and stand exactly where the map indicator says it should be, it's not there and the noise is gone which means I'm too far away from it. Not sure if this is something I can't access yet or not, but it's preventing me from getting four or five chests in the first area already.

There is always a way in.  Either getting past some guards at a door on ground level or having to drop down to a balcony. 

Logged
disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4182


my moral standing is lying down...


View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 11, 2010, 02:28:20 PM

One problem I have is that the game doesn't do a great job of teaching you the mechanics. I still don't know what I can and can't do. They throw you into the first fight in the parking garage without even telling you what button is used to punch (it's X). I'm discovering vendors all over the place but everything is "sold out" or "unavailable". There is an "Eagle Vision" button but I have no idea what that does other than make the world turn blue.

did you look at the game's instruction manual?  if not, it's also the same control system used for the first game.  as for the vendors, just keep playing and you'll be able to buy stuff from them later.
Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
skystride
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2216



View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 11, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 11, 2010, 02:28:20 PM

One problem I have is that the game doesn't do a great job of teaching you the mechanics. I still don't know what I can and can't do.

Do you have access to the combat trainer yet?  You can practice all the moves there.  You'll meet him fairly early.

As for reading the manual, I haven't read a game manual in ages.  I used to be one of the people saying "RTFM" but manuals just plain suck nowadays.  It used to be a big thrill cozing up with a manual like for Combat Mission before playing the game.  No more lift tests.
Logged
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2195


View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 13, 2010, 02:05:27 PM »

This game is unbelievably amazing. I may have to revise my GOTY pick for 2009.
Logged
DamageInc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2412


Starts with s and ends with litting their throats


View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 13, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »

They weave the tutorial into the gameplay. I found it odd too.
I couldn't figure out when it was okay to start branching to side stuff so I just started doing it.

So far the game doesn't seem to mind if I do that.

However, some things won't make sense to you until you progress in the story because they teach you things like how to distract guards, new assassination techniques, etc.
Logged

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2195


View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 13, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on January 13, 2010, 05:08:27 PM

They weave the tutorial into the gameplay. I found it odd too.
I couldn't figure out when it was okay to start branching to side stuff so I just started doing it.

So far the game doesn't seem to mind if I do that.

However, some things won't make sense to you until you progress in the story because they teach you things like how to distract guards, new assassination techniques, etc.

Ya, I'm sure there is a better way to do the side stuff than the way I'm doing it now. Whenever I come across those guarded rooms that have two treasure chests in it I usually just start a huge brawl where 6+ guys come after me and I fight them off. I'm sure there is a better technique but I have no idea what it is. Bare fists for the win!
Logged
Eightball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1387


View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 13, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 13, 2010, 06:16:18 PM

Quote from: DamageInc on January 13, 2010, 05:08:27 PM

They weave the tutorial into the gameplay. I found it odd too.
I couldn't figure out when it was okay to start branching to side stuff so I just started doing it.

So far the game doesn't seem to mind if I do that.

However, some things won't make sense to you until you progress in the story because they teach you things like how to distract guards, new assassination techniques, etc.

Ya, I'm sure there is a better way to do the side stuff than the way I'm doing it now. Whenever I come across those guarded rooms that have two treasure chests in it I usually just start a huge brawl where 6+ guys come after me and I fight them off. I'm sure there is a better technique but I have no idea what it is. Bare fists for the win!

Hire prostitutes or thieves to lure the guards away.  Pay 150, but earn whatever is in the chests...much faster!
Logged
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5212



View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »

There's usually some whores hanging around the guarded rooms.  At worst there's some thieves. 
Logged

disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4182


my moral standing is lying down...


View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 13, 2010, 06:16:18 PM

Quote from: DamageInc on January 13, 2010, 05:08:27 PM

They weave the tutorial into the gameplay. I found it odd too.
I couldn't figure out when it was okay to start branching to side stuff so I just started doing it.

So far the game doesn't seem to mind if I do that.

However, some things won't make sense to you until you progress in the story because they teach you things like how to distract guards, new assassination techniques, etc.

Ya, I'm sure there is a better way to do the side stuff than the way I'm doing it now. Whenever I come across those guarded rooms that have two treasure chests in it I usually just start a huge brawl where 6+ guys come after me and I fight them off. I'm sure there is a better technique but I have no idea what it is. Bare fists for the win!

once i had the dual hidden blades, i could walk up to those four guards, do a double assassination on two, then quickly take down the other two with my hidden blade without ever raising an alarm...quicky, easy, and awesome icon_cool
Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 18512


Thirty. Minutes.


View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »

You can also smoke them, or even drop money and cause a commotion. Kill a guard that's walking along while stealthed, and they'll go investigate.

The instructions are when you're a baby. X is left hand, B is right hand. A is legs, Y is for your head.

All moves connect to those parts in that fashion.
Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1996


View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 14, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »

I need to write myself a note and stick it on my tv:  Pay attention during the cutscenes and hold your freaking controller!  

I am programmed from other games to relax during the cutscenes, put my controller down, and just passively watch the story unfold.  And in this game, I miss another interactive button thingy and make Ezio look like a social doofus.  I've brain gaffed on almost every one of those interactive cutscenes, resulting in some hilariously bad greetings and goodbyes.  My favorite was when Leonardo went to give Ezio a brotherly hug, and Ezio rebuffed him with a really awkward step forward, arms to the side, whoa, no hugs for me kind of thing.  

  
Logged
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8277


The Truth is out there


View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 14, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 13, 2010, 06:44:09 PM

You can also smoke them, or even drop money and cause a commotion. Kill a guard that's walking along while stealthed, and they'll go investigate.

The instructions are when you're a baby. X is left hand, B is right hand. A is legs, Y is for your head.

All moves connect to those parts in that fashion.

how do you smoke a guard??  icon_eek
Logged

A new one
KePoW
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1877


View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 14, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 14, 2010, 03:46:51 PM

Quote from: Purge on January 13, 2010, 06:44:09 PM

You can also smoke them, or even drop money and cause a commotion. Kill a guard that's walking along while stealthed, and they'll go investigate.

The instructions are when you're a baby. X is left hand, B is right hand. A is legs, Y is for your head.

All moves connect to those parts in that fashion.

how do you smoke a guard??  icon_eek

Smoke Bomb.
Logged
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1996


View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 14, 2010, 04:19:46 PM »

He may not have it unlocked yet.  I recommend playing through the story missions until you have a decent amount of your arsenal and assassin tools unlocked (throwing knives, smoke bombs, double hidden blade, poison), and the subtle distraction options (throwing money and using theif and courtesian groups).  Getting the leap climbing ability helps too, for escapes and entrances.  It does pay to stick with the story missions for awhile, they help you become a better assassin through new abilities.

The combat trainer at the villa offers (for a price) some good combat moves for other weapons, that are easy to miss if you didn't know they were there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:22:24 PM by Roguetad » Logged
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4127



View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: January 19, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »

I just started playing this over the weekend. I'm only a couple hours in, but wow. I know everyone said they fixed everything that was wrong with the original... but wow.
Logged

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 3612


View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 19, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 13, 2010, 06:44:09 PM

You can also smoke them, or even drop money and cause a commotion. Kill a guard that's walking along while stealthed, and they'll go investigate.


This is one of the things I enjoyed most about Assassin's Creed 2.  In the original, enemies could be slain so easily that the solution to every situation was simply to slaughter everyone in a three block radius.  The sequel addresses that by giving soldiers individual skills at blocking, parrying, and disarming that make fighting a group much tougher, but then gives the player a half dozen neat methods to sway the odds back in their favor.  It goes a long way towards making Ezio feel like a clever infiltrator rather than a jedi among nerfs.

In my personal "Best of 2009" e-mail I sent out to a few friends, AC2 won my personal pick for Most Improved Sequel. icon_cool

-Autistic Angel
Logged
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2195


View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 19, 2010, 11:28:49 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on January 19, 2010, 09:11:34 PM

I just started playing this over the weekend. I'm only a couple hours in, but wow. I know everyone said they fixed everything that was wrong with the original... but wow.

Agreed. I can't believe that a sequel for a game I hated is quickly becoming the leading candidate for my 2009 GOTY.
Logged
Bob
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 997


View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on January 19, 2010, 09:53:52 PM

The sequel addresses that by giving soldiers individual skills at blocking, parrying, and disarming that make fighting a group much tougher, but then gives the player a half dozen neat methods to sway the odds back in their favor.  It goes a long way towards making Ezio feel like a clever infiltrator rather than a jedi among nerfs.

I'll agree that it's more challenging, but it's also only as hard as you make it.  With access to as many as 15 healing potions, you could fight all day if you felt like it.  In my play through, I consider having to use a healing potion a failure.  I use and keep playing, but in my heart, I know I failed. frown
Logged
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2195


View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 20, 2010, 03:25:53 PM »

Ya, it seems the game is more about the experience rather than trying to be incredibly challenging.
Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 20, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »

Yeah, I hope with Assassin's Creed 2.5 or 3 or whatever the next game is that they either up the difficulty a bit or at least implement different difficulty levels. 
Logged
JayDee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2195


View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on January 20, 2010, 03:29:30 PM

Yeah, I hope with Assassin's Creed 2.5 or 3 or whatever the next game is that they either up the difficulty a bit or at least implement different difficulty levels. 

I'd prefer the latter so everyone can be happy. In story-driven games I prefer to not have them too difficult. If they made it so tough that only the l33t could pass a certain assassination I would quit playing the game right there.
Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 20, 2010, 04:45:36 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on January 20, 2010, 04:39:54 PM

. If they made it so tough that only the l33t could pass a certain assassination I would quit playing the game right there.

Agreed but I think AC2 falls too far on the side of  Easy instead of just Normal difficulty. 

They put a lot of work into AC2's combat system with a ton of different situational moves and the like but a lot of it is wasted because it just isn't needed the vast majority of the time. 
Logged
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1996


View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 20, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »

I used healing potions almost exclusively to heal damage from falling, not from fighting.  I don't think I even thought once about using a healing potion in a fight...maybe towards the end.  

I enjoyed the first AC, but this one is leaps and bounds better.  I can even pretend to be a ninja by dropping a smoke bomb at my feet, and then low profile hidden blade kill all of the stunned guards.  I used to get pissed at the controls in AC a lot, especially after carefully approaching an assassination target, only to leap clumsily past the target during the moment of truth, get stuck on a 6 inch high wooden plank, duck walk along the plank while 20 guards swarm me and my target runs away.  Or to have the perfect setup and approach, and the moment my feet touch the ground a swarm of crazy bums materializes and begins to thrash me like I was in a mosh pit.  

Thankfully the controls in AC2 are much better.  I still don't think they're perfect, and there were a few times when my control execution was not what I envisioned, but for the most part, the controls were much better than AC.  Now whoever thought it was a good idea to keep the freaking bum concept in the game, only this time with minstrels, well, they need to be punished.        
Logged
DamageInc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2412


Starts with s and ends with litting their throats


View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 20, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »

I just finished this up today (Full 1000) and I think the game deserves a 9/90 something score but not a perfect 10/100.

Definitely has issues with some platforming moves/camera angles and context sensitive buttons not working correctly some of the time.
The most annoying thing was picking up a dead body's weapon instead of the body eventhough the context button showed "body" instead of "weapon"

Great game though. Awesome acting and storyline, impressive visuals, smooth lifelike animations and they did a great job of trying to keep the historical perspective.
Logged

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4901



View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 20, 2010, 10:09:30 PM »

Okay, I will be deciding - fairly soon - whether my next game will be Assassin's Creed II or Demon's Souls ... and I need to read the two threads to see what will be best for me.  So, I'm basically "bookmarking" these threads by replying, to help me decide.

Okay, the rest of you - carry on!

 icon_razz
Logged

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1996


View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 20, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »

For all the early negativity around the design for Ezio, mostly based on his concept art and early screenshots, I thought he was a fantastic character.  His wardrobe fit well with the setting, and it worked for him because he was a badass.  He was fiery, passionate, and he had an admirable sense of honor and duty to family.  He reminded me during a few scenes of a young mafia don, but in a good way.  He definitely gets a spot in my top 5 game characters of all time.  And once he donned his Altair armor...badass!         
Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 20, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 20, 2010, 10:31:18 PM

For all the early negativity around the design for Ezio, mostly based on his concept art and early screenshots, I thought he was a fantastic character.  His wardrobe fit well with the setting, and it worked for him because he was a badass.  He was fiery, passionate, and he had an admirable sense of honor and duty to family.  He reminded me during a few scenes of a young mafia don, but in a good way.  He definitely gets a spot in my top 5 game characters of all time.  And once he donned his Altair armor...badass!         

Yep, early in the game I was thinking "well, this outfit is cool and all but I think I would rather Altair's outfit from AC1.  Then I started messing with the dyes and stuff and it wasn't long before I had zero desire for Altari's original outfit.

And the Altair armor is indeed badass. 
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4619



View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 20, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 21, 2009, 04:20:19 AM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on November 21, 2009, 02:32:05 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 21, 2009, 01:34:43 AM

no where near as good as the original

Insanity.

+1, and I must at blasphemy. This game is genius, I'm actually liking it more than Uncharted 2 and I never expected that.

Now that statement is blasphemy.  Uncharted 2 is loads better.  With that said, Assassins Creed 2 is loads better than the first one.
Logged
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2927


Gamertag: St0ckBroker


View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2010, 12:03:23 AM »

I just started this last night and made it to the point where I get the Altair's armor.  Awesome so far, and I just now got my first Assassination mission.

I still need a copy of it if anyone has one they want to sell/trade.
Logged

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1684


View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »

I'm about 26 hours in, and I think this has passed up Uncharted 2, Batman, and Dragon's Age as my GOTY.  There hasn't been hardly a single dull moment throughout time spent so far, and it's one of the rare games where I've actually felt motivated to do some of the collect-a-thon stuff as well (and I'm actually enjoying it).

So how long has it taken folks to finish the game so far? 
Logged

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 21, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »

Quote from: Dimmona on January 21, 2010, 12:31:50 AM

I'm about 26 hours in, and I think this has passed up Uncharted 2, Batman, and Dragon's Age as my GOTY.  There hasn't been hardly a single dull moment throughout time spent so far, and it's one of the rare games where I've actually felt motivated to do some of the collect-a-thon stuff as well (and I'm actually enjoying it).

So how long has it taken folks to finish the game so far? 

My finished game time was something like 27 hours but the game's clock doesn't factor in time in the menus, glyph solving etc so realistically it was probably 35-40 hours for me. 
Logged
KePoW
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1877


View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 21, 2010, 02:22:25 AM »

I definitely liked AC2 way better than Uncharted 2.

Couldn't stand Uncharted 2 and I traded it in before finishing it, which I almost never do.  Just couldn't sludge through it anymore,
Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 18512


Thirty. Minutes.


View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: January 21, 2010, 05:05:24 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on January 21, 2010, 02:22:25 AM

I definitely liked AC2 way better than Uncharted 2.

Couldn't stand Uncharted 2 and I traded it in before finishing it, which I almost never do.  Just couldn't sludge through it anymore,

This.
Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15916


▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start


View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: January 21, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 20, 2010, 04:45:46 PM

Now whoever thought it was a good idea to keep the freaking bum concept in the game, only this time with minstrels, well, they need to be punished.        

The difference is that they don't really do anything to you. Yeah, they get in your way, but the guards don't mind. Additionally, all you need to do to get rid of them is to run (just hold down R, nothing more) into them real quick and they'll drop their lute to the ground and run off with no penalty from anybody. The guards won't even blink if you get rid of them that way (and only that way).
Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 6457


Preaching to the choir


View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: January 21, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on January 21, 2010, 12:03:23 AM

I just started this last night and made it to the point where I get the Altair's armor. 

That's not Altair's armor. You'll know what that is soon enough, but what you have is simply the assassin outfit.
Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15535


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 21, 2010, 01:32:57 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 21, 2010, 05:40:39 AM

Quote from: Roguetad on January 20, 2010, 04:45:46 PM

Now whoever thought it was a good idea to keep the freaking bum concept in the game, only this time with minstrels, well, they need to be punished.        

The difference is that they don't really do anything to you. Yeah, they get in your way, but the guards don't mind. Additionally, all you need to do to get rid of them is to run (just hold down R, nothing more) into them real quick and they'll drop their lute to the ground and run off with no penalty from anybody. The guards won't even blink if you get rid of them that way (and only that way).

They're much less annoying than the bums.  They can be a nuisance if you're chasing or tailing someone, though, or trying to escape pursuing guards.

Their songs are amusing.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 6457


Preaching to the choir


View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: January 21, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »

The bards are easy to deal with. Just throw some money at the ground and they won't bother you. If you run into them, you will attract attention from suspicious guards, though if you quickly leave the area that won't be a problem.
Logged
semiconscious
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4416



View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 21, 2010, 01:39:18 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 21, 2010, 01:32:57 PM

Their songs are amusing.

i played the game with the italian voice track, &, not even knowing what they were singing, i thought their song were amusing smile ...
Logged

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
KePoW
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1877


View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2010, 03:13:34 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 21, 2010, 01:37:07 PM

The bards are easy to deal with. Just throw some money at the ground and they won't bother you. If you run into them, you will attract attention from suspicious guards, though if you quickly leave the area that won't be a problem.

Yeah, throwing money is the best way to get rid of them, super easy and costs almost nothing.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.24 seconds with 105 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.083s, 2q)