http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 05:45:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2 interest? (Now with Impressions - starting on pg 2)  (Read 28732 times)
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 02, 2009, 01:48:04 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on December 02, 2009, 01:06:49 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2009, 07:12:11 AM

Quote from: TiLT on December 02, 2009, 07:09:46 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2009, 06:29:26 AM

well, the final tomb has officially knocked this out of GOTY running for me.  I follow the directions for the wall jumping to the letter and 90% of the time Ezio jumps the wrong way.  you don't need to finish the tombs to finish the game, right?  if so I might as well trade this in now.

I mentioned this above. The tombs are optional. Thank god.

missed that.  thanks!

The nice part is that even the armor that you earn for finishing them all is completely optional.  Its stats are exactly the same as the final set of armor that you can buy.  So basically all that work gets you is a different looking armor set and some additional value in your villa.

The armor doesn't degrade as well.  Plus it looks awesome IMO.

Surprised to see people hated the tombs- they were one of my favorite parts of the game.  Only one that proved frustrating was the four part timed puzzle because the camera flythrough did a poor job on telling you where to start the platforming. 
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: December 02, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »

well, the final tomb has officially knocked this out of GOTY running for me.  I follow the directions for the wall jumping to the letter and 90% of the time Ezio jumps the wrong way.  you don't need to finish the tombs to finish the game, right?  if so I might as well trade this in now.

missed that.  thanks!

The nice part is that even the armor that you earn for finishing them all is completely optional.  Its stats are exactly the same as the final set of armor that you can buy.  So basically all that work gets you is a different looking armor set and some additional value in your villa.

It's a niiice looking armour though. smile
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2009, 03:10:55 PM »

It is nice looking, but for all that work and frustration, I was hoping for some kind of real benefit, plus you couldn't dye it at all.  Armor degradation never bothered me, since I got in the habit of repairing frequently.  I think I had one piece of armor break the whole time I was playing.

Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »

Just had to return this to Blockbuster today, not even close to the end.  I'm not going to bother with another rental, there's just too much to do and I want to savor it all.  Hopefully I can pick it up through a trade or maybe a cheap used copy.  Anyone interested in getting rid of theirs yet?   icon_biggrin

At any rate, it's a fantastic game and much better than the first.  (Which I finished, and loved every minute of.)

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2009, 04:32:05 PM »

man, i'm diggin' this game.  I'm taking my time and finding all the collectibles and stuff and I've already got about 10 hours in the game. I've only had two assassination missions, so I'm assuming I'm still very early in the game.

All the historical material (fictionalized or not) is a fascinating read and really lends to the flavor of the game.  I've found myself reading everything that pops up as opposed to hurrying through it all in order to get back to the game. 

This and borderlands are really dominating my gaming time...and with Dragon Age only about a third finished, that's saying something.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 02, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 02, 2009, 01:48:35 PM

missed that.  thanks!

I suppose I could just spend those nifty uPlay points and get the Altair outfit off of there if I want to look more like him in-game.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 02, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2009, 04:34:27 PM

Quote from: TiLT on December 02, 2009, 01:48:35 PM

missed that.  thanks!

I suppose I could just spend those nifty uPlay points and get the Altair outfit off of there if I want to look more like him in-game.

The unlock armor looks way different and better than the Altair outfit you buy with the points.  The outfit looks identical to the AC1 model.  The armor is drastically different.  I found the AC1 outfit to be too incongruous to use for more than a few minutes.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »

yeah, the last two tombs were a pita, as was the third round of the ctf match you get shoved into.  there's just not enough precision to have timed sections like that with ezio not being as exact as altair was.  i have skipped all of the races except one and i probably won't bother with them as they will probably just annoy me.  i will do most of the side quest assassin/beat up missions now that i have finished the game. 

i still need to track down and solve 3 glyphs and find the damn feathers (55 so far, but the rest are going to be a pita as well, i'm guessing).  and i've had a hell of a time getting the sand and sweep achievements due to always getting interrupted before i can get enough enemies affected.  i also need to climb the last few viewpoints i somehow missed the first time.

"WTF" spoiler
Spoiler for Hiden:
i picked up on the fact she was talking to desmond pretty quickly, but it was still pretty cool that they went that way.  not sure i like the new meta story element, but that's mostly due to what i already know about the whole magnetic pole switch problem they threaten you with.  i thought the last sequence was interesting and like that you get to use the same trick played on altair.  i still think ezio should have finished off the spaniard, and that given how many times you could have done so earlier kind of comes off as a c--ktease when you don't actually do it. 

i also like the way they played the credits and how they ended the game this time.  it does seem pretty odd though that they hook you up in the van.  if the equipment was so easily used that way, why not just drive around and access the animus that way instead of going to the trouble of finding a location you expect to be found eventually? 

i am also looking forward to the dlc as it gives them a chance to fill in the missing sequences and also hints at some pretty cool events to take part in. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2009, 05:28:43 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 02, 2009, 05:24:32 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
i still think ezio should have finished off the spaniard, and that given how many times you could have done so earlier kind of comes off as a c--ktease when you don't actually do it. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
  That would have been kind of hard to finagle.  Borgia didn't die until 1503 and had the symptoms of a fever.  They could have had Ezio poison him to fit in with the historical record but that would have been kind of anti-climactic. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2009, 05:40:04 PM »

yeah, the last two tombs were a pita, as was the third round of the ctf match you get shoved into.  there's just not enough precision to have timed sections like that with ezio not being as exact as altair was.  i have skipped all of the races except one and i probably won't bother with them as they will probably just annoy me.  i will do most of the side quest assassin/beat up missions now that i have finished the game. 

yeah, I wasn't too pleased with the carnival games, and the outcome really ticked me off.  the CTF part I had no problem with once I found out I could survive the fall to the street and my opponent couldn't swim, but it was still a 3-2 win.  I wonder if they did that purposely to add tension to the match, because at least one time my opponent was at the flag so quickly he must have spawned on it.  and the race was annoying too, I kept on missing a couple of the crossings between rooftops so I said 'screw this shit' and pumped the brightness all the way up.  I am definitely not touching any of the other races, I skipped all of them in the first game.

I ended up cheating on the 16th sigil, I could not figure what to set the codewheel too.  I saw part of a hint in the pictures but could not find the second half, so I just googled it.

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »

I've been stuck on this one particular assassination mission (not a story mission). It's the one in Florence where you have to kill about 8-10 guards on a bridge before a 1 minute countdown timer runs out. I just can't seem to take them all out! Any tips for that particular mission?

I was planning to do most of the side missions before really digging into the story missions but it's becoming pretty repetitive and I worry about losing interest in the game, I think I should just get back to the story and worry about the side stuff later if I'm still interested in the game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:55:35 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2009, 06:08:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2009, 05:40:04 PM

I ended up cheating on the 16th sigil, I could not figure what to set the codewheel too.  I saw part of a hint in the pictures but could not find the second half, so I just googled it.

Was that "The Bunker"?  If so that was the only one I couldn't figure out and I had to brute force it.

Quote from: Ridah on December 02, 2009, 05:53:01 PM

I've been stuck on this one particular assassination mission (not a story mission). It's the one in Florence where you have to kill about 8-10 guards on a bridge before a 1 minute countdown timer runs out. I just can't seem to take them all out! Any tips for that particular mission?

Do you have smoke bombs yet? If so then just drop a couple of smoke bombs and go to town with your hidden blade.  If not then just wait 'til you get the smoke bombs. 
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on November 29, 2009, 12:42:16 AM

And this is why I absolutely refuse to do any "collect all 100 widgets" quests/achievements.

I found ~30 feathers on my playthrough.  I armed myself with a feather map, and proceeded to visit every single location pointed out on those maps.

Found 99 feathers.  Went back and re-visited about a third of the locations.  The only way to find that last feather is to hit every location in both Florence and Venice.  That's simply not happening.

If games are going to have that kind of collect quest, the least they can do is break it down by area.  Then I wouldn't be in this position of having one item to find somewhere in the game.  So now I have to decide if it's worth spending another two hours retracing my steps to get the final two achievements.  If I don't, it's going to bug me, but at least I'll be more sane.

You can tell which city the missing feather is in by checking the DNA strand. Oh, and Altair's armor requires no repair - it never deteriorates.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »

I was planning to do most of the side missions before really digging into the story missions but it's becoming pretty repetitive and I worry about losing interest in the game, I think I should just get back to the story and worry about the side stuff later if I'm still interested in the game.

That's one of the last assassination missions. Go complete the others in the other cities first.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 02, 2009, 06:51:55 PM

Quote from: Chaz on November 29, 2009, 12:42:16 AM

And this is why I absolutely refuse to do any "collect all 100 widgets" quests/achievements.

I found ~30 feathers on my playthrough.  I armed myself with a feather map, and proceeded to visit every single location pointed out on those maps.

Found 99 feathers.  Went back and re-visited about a third of the locations.  The only way to find that last feather is to hit every location in both Florence and Venice.  That's simply not happening.

If games are going to have that kind of collect quest, the least they can do is break it down by area.  Then I wouldn't be in this position of having one item to find somewhere in the game.  So now I have to decide if it's worth spending another two hours retracing my steps to get the final two achievements.  If I don't, it's going to bug me, but at least I'll be more sane.

You can tell which city the missing feather is in by checking the DNA strand. Oh, and Altair's armor requires no repair - it never deteriorates.

Thanks, but as you can see by the two posts immediately after that, the problem was quickly solved, and all feathers/achievements were secured.  slywink

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 02, 2009, 06:08:30 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2009, 05:40:04 PM

Was that "The Bunker"?  If so that was the only one I couldn't figure out and I had to brute force it.

yeah, the Bunker.  once I looked up the solution it made kinda sense, but I'm not sure they really put a clue in the pics for that one.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2009, 08:52:44 PM »

Yeah, that's the thing- I also only found one clue.  I still don't know how I was supposed to figure it out.

What's funny is that I looked at the strategy guide and I think they had the same problem- most of the other glyph solutions offer up an explanation on how you could solve it in addition to the actual solution itself.  For the bunker they didn't even bother and just put the solution in and nothing else. 
FishPants
Gaming Trend Reader

Ouch

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »

BTW I had asked earlier in this (getting massive) thread.. The best advice I was offered was to use your poison blade, the counter won't start until someone dies.  So send in your thugs to beat em up, walk around posioning and then use the hidden blade and do a "low profile" assassination on each person (The cut scene seems to be shorter and lets you kill in quicker fashion).
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2009, 08:56:39 PM

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 02, 2009, 08:52:44 PM

Yeah, that's the thing- I also only found one clue.  I still don't know how I was supposed to figure it out.

What's funny is that I looked at the strategy guide and I think they had the same problem- most of the other glyph solutions offer up an explanation on how you could solve it in addition to the actual solution itself.  For the bunker they didn't even bother and just put the solution in and nothing else. 

for others who may be stumped by it here is the way to solve the Bunker without me telling you what the code is:

Spoiler for Hiden:
apparently each straight line in a symbol is how you tell what number it corresponds to.  the < = 2, the diamond within another diamond = 8 and the square with a slash in it was 5, etc etc. if there was anything curved it didn't match with anything.

Yes but that doesn't tell you which part to line the wheel up with.

Spoiler for Hiden:
  That's what confused me- You can clearly see the < in the pictures but in the others puzzles of that type there was typically another number for you to equate it to and I never could find one in that puzzle.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2009, 11:46:45 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 02, 2009, 09:07:29 PM

for others who may be stumped by it here is the way to solve the Bunker without me telling you what the code is:

Spoiler for Hiden:
apparently each straight line in a symbol is how you tell what number it corresponds to.  the < = 2, the diamond within another diamond = 8 and the square with a slash in it was 5, etc etc. if there was anything curved it didn't match with anything.

Spoiler for Hiden:
  That's what confused me- You can clearly see the < in the pictures but in the others puzzles of that type there was typically another number for you to equate it to and I never could find one in that puzzle.

it's almost like they forgot to complete that part.  I'll LOL for awhile if that's the case.  I was incorrect on one part, the Bukner is the 17th glyph. 

oh, and everyone disregard my clue; looking back I totally misremembered what I read at 4am in the morning  icon_redface

oh, and here's a walk through for all the glyph puzzles if anyone else gets stumped.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:52:04 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:55 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 02, 2009, 09:07:29 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

yeah, the damn bunker was the last one i attempted last night. i got the same hint ceekay points out but even with that in mind wasn't able to brute force the lock the way the others were. 

for the most part, the glyphs were either pretty well done (picture rotation or puzzle grouping) but those damn wheels just got annoying and the hints they give you were pretty hit or miss. 

Quote from: Kevin Grey on December 02, 2009, 05:28:43 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
i still think ezio should have finished off the spaniard, and that given how many times you could have done so earlier kind of comes off as a c--ktease when you don't actually do it. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
  That would have been kind of hard to finagle.  Borgia didn't die until 1503 and had the symptoms of a fever.  They could have had Ezio poison him to fit in with the historical record but that would have been kind of anti-climactic. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
yeah, that makes sense then.  i hadn't realized he was a historic figure with a proven DOD.  still, it rankled that he lets him go twice, despite being totally capable and motivated to knife the bastage. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 03, 2009, 04:10:55 AM »

Now that I look at the solution to the bunker one, I definitely figured that out on my own and not by guessing!

Spoiler for Hiden:
If I remember right, the trick was that each subsequent shape in the sequence had an element of the previous shape in it.  So the angle is followed by an more complex shape using that same angle.  If I'm remembering it right, it was fairly obtuse, but solvable.

I think I only needed to use the in-game hint system for one of the earlier puzzles. 

One thing that bugged me about the game was that they weren't terribly clear about the passage of time.  I had no idea how much time had passed by the end of the game, and was shocked to find out that there had frequently been jumps of multiple years.  I know they give you the year at the start of each memory sequence, but there's no way I'm going to remember what the start date of the previous one was when I'm starting the next.  Some kind of animated timeline would have been very helpful.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 03, 2009, 04:36:11 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on December 03, 2009, 04:10:55 AM

Now that I look at the solution to the bunker one, I definitely figured that out on my own and not by guessing!

Spoiler for Hiden:
If I remember right, the trick was that each subsequent shape in the sequence had an element of the previous shape in it.  So the angle is followed by an more complex shape using that same angle.  If I'm remembering it right, it was fairly obtuse, but solvable.

I think I only needed to use the in-game hint system for one of the earlier puzzles. 

That's only one half of the solution though.  The rest is knowing where to align the codewheel once you've figured out the pattern and that's the part that I can't figure out.  Normally that part of the clue is in one of the pictures but I could only find one half of it (the symbol >) without any indication of what number to align that with. 

One thing that bugged me about the game was that they weren't terribly clear about the passage of time.  I had no idea how much time had passed by the end of the game, and was shocked to find out that there had frequently been jumps of multiple years.  I know they give you the year at the start of each memory sequence, but there's no way I'm going to remember what the start date of the previous one was when I'm starting the next.  Some kind of animated timeline would have been very helpful.

If you go into the DNA setup it will tell you the dates that each sequence takes place in.  But, yeah, I agree there was a major missed opportunity to show the passage of time in the game.  Though I have to credit Ezio's voice actor for demonstrating what I consider a fair amount of change in the vocal range as the game progresses. 
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 03, 2009, 05:12:28 AM »

I started off not sure that I would like this game, but I'm now about 14 hours in, just unlocked Forli and have completed only 36% of the game. I'm very impressed with the sandbox variety of things to do which don't get repetitive since I can switch between categories at will. I have done a Templar Lair and a Tomb and while I'm not a big fan of platform puzzles, these weren't too bad. I can see myself playing all the way till the end of the game.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 03, 2009, 05:55:39 AM »

Don't pay much attention to the % synched number.  After over 30 hours, maxing out the villa, finding all the hidden stuff, finishing the story, and getting 1000gs, I was only about 85% synched.  I did skip a chunk of the side quests toward the end.  There are a ton of them, and they contribute to that %.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 03, 2009, 12:49:40 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on December 03, 2009, 05:55:39 AM

Don't pay much attention to the % synched number.  After over 30 hours, maxing out the villa, finding all the hidden stuff, finishing the story, and getting 1000gs, I was only about 85% synched.  I did skip a chunk of the side quests toward the end.  There are a ton of them, and they contribute to that %.

Hmm, I pretty much did the same but ended up 95% synched.  I probably did more sidequests. 
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 03, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »

I'm cooling on this a bit. I still think it's a fantastic sequel and superior to the original, but I definitely haven't liked all the additions. The glyph puzzles are just a waste. I like the idea of "The Truth" and think there's fun in just finding the glyphs, but then the puzzle section just completely rips me out of the game and ends up being an exercise in boring tedium. So far, I haven't had trouble solving them, but sometimes it's time consuming and I just don't find it fun at all. I still have a lot of these left. I feel like I have to solve them or I will miss out on a major plot point.

I also didn't like the...
Spoiler for Hiden:
chariot chase scene on the way to Venice.... again it wasn't hard or anything, but just seems so out of place in this game, and wasn't really fun either.

I also think there might be just a little too much of the collectible stuff. Way too many treasures, feathers, etc. I would have preferred more actual side assassinations, etc. The races are just stupid and something I wish they hadn't carried over from the original. I have enjoyed the tombs so far, but I am dreading having to do the timed one(s).

Still having a blast, but I don't see myself getting 100% completed or anything. Whereas in the first I did 100% of everything except the flag collection. I think maybe they threw a little too much stuff into this game.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 03, 2009, 01:27:33 PM »

Oh, and what exactly am I supposed to do with the random pickpockets? Should I be chasing them down and killing them (and robbing them)? Or am I supposed to "capture" them in some way?

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 03, 2009, 01:41:58 PM »

Quote from: JCC on December 03, 2009, 01:25:27 PM

I also think there might be just a little too much of the collectible stuff. Way too many treasures, feathers, etc. I would have preferred more actual side assassinations, etc. The races are just stupid and something I wish they hadn't carried over from the original. I have enjoyed the tombs so far, but I am dreading having to do the timed one(s).

How many side assassinations have you done?  Because there is an amazing amount of them so I can't imagine saying that you want more.  As much as I adore the game I eventually reached a point where I didn't feel like doing any more side assassinations (though I'm thinking I did 80-90% of them).  They continue to unlock as you progress through the game so you almost certainly haven't seen all of them. 

There actually aren't that many races.  I like them this time out- the timing seems much more forgiving than similar events in the first game.

Quote from: JCC on December 03, 2009, 01:27:33 PM

Oh, and what exactly am I supposed to do with the random pickpockets? Should I be chasing them down and killing them (and robbing them)? Or am I supposed to "capture" them in some way?

Up to you.  You can use throwing knives to kill them and recover the money or you can just tackle them to get the money and let them live.  Same with the Borgia messengers however if you kill them you get a huge notoriety increase. 
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 03, 2009, 03:05:14 PM »

There are a ton of things to find and collect, but a lot of them are strictly optional.  The messengers, pickpockets, and treasures are strictly for money, and by about halfway through, you'll have no need of money.  I've never minded the races, but I can only think of two or three that were mandatory, and two of those weren't hard.  The glyphs and tombs have definite rewards, but if you get tired of doing them, you can stop with minimal repercussions.  The feathers have an even more minor reward, and are mostly useful for the achievements.

For myself, I adored the glyph puzzles, but I'm also an old school adventure gamer who really misses the prevalence of straight up logic puzzles in games. 

By the time I got to the last city, I basically took a pass on most of the side missions, since by then I just wanted to finish up the story.  I was pleased to find out that skipping them produced exactly 0 negative results.  If you're tired of them, just don't do them.  That way you'll have something to come back to after you've finished.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: December 03, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on December 03, 2009, 03:05:14 PM

The feathers have an even more minor reward, and are mostly useful for the achievements.

Reward? It looked more like punishment to me. Tongue
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 03, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »

OK, I just started this game, so I didn't want to read through the whole thread, especially not the spoilers, but what happened to Lucy? In the first game she looked pretty much exactly like Kristen Bell. In this game she has a different nose and her mouth at times looks freakishly large. And she walks like a hooker, although I'm not complaining about that smile

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 03, 2009, 04:12:07 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 03, 2009, 03:22:07 PM

Quote from: Chaz on December 03, 2009, 03:05:14 PM

The feathers have an even more minor reward, and are mostly useful for the achievements.

Reward? It looked more like punishment to me. Tongue

Well, the small scene when you turn in all of them is nice.  The actual reward gets you an achievement and could be fun to actually run around notorious, which never really happened during the game.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 03, 2009, 05:13:57 PM »

bad-ass...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 03, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »

that looks better than the dorky costumes they came out for the 360 Mii's.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2009, 05:59:14 PM »

almost grabbed all of the glyphs last night, but decided to snag all the feathers wherever i went and grabbed a map.  man, some of them are pretty much only going to get noticed one time during the game and i would have never found them without help.  there's one on the back wall of a church viewpoint location way out in the middle of nowhere in tuscany that would have either taken hours to stumble upon or would have been the last one i couldn't track down in that area.

at least i was able to get a decent system to track all of them in the big towns, even if it means i have to hit every location again.  it's better than looking at all of venice at one time and knowing that you still have half of them to get.  would almost have been better to not grab any of them at all without the map, so at least you know what you got.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: December 03, 2009, 07:09:39 PM »

Yeah. If you play the game in eagle vision though, they're really easy to find. Problem is you have no map so you do have to switch back and forth.

As for the glyphs, save them until you've finished the games. I also saved all the side missions as well. the only thing you can't go back and do is the storyline missions. This makes me sad... you have to start a new game for them.

Lastly, *before* you complete the last assassination mission in Venice (Hunting the Hunter) I want you all to take note of this and try to snag a picture of it... If you've already done this mission, there is no going back to accomplish what I'm asking.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The last assassination mission sends you to find who the bounty hunter is that's hunting you. You can either kill the first target or pickpocket him for the letter, and then you are given a new target.

When you get to the new target, it's a closed alcove with no road access (only via the water channels), and the "guy" is just standing there. Eagle vision confirms it as your target, and he will glow gold.

As you approach it, the target falls to the ground, and you'll notice he's got a bag over his head. Then the ambush hits, and there are a good 5-7 soldiers who attack you. The closest one is the bounty hunter himself, so if you kill him, then the mission ends.

Kill everyone else first and then kill the bounty hunter. I had killed him first, and that ended it, so I never got to loot everyone's body. Thing is, if you loot the corpse of the dummy, you get a Keys(1) (someone please take a screenshot and post it here - I can't go back and do it because when you use DNA and the mission ends, the game immediately dumps you back to the "present" time.)

I'd like to find out what the the Keys(1) is for, and if any of the other bodies have anything on them.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:12:10 PM by Purge » Logged

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 08, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »

Well I just can't seem to get into the game so off it goes.  Maybe if this was my first go at it, I would be more inclined t press on, but the gameplay just isn't doing it for me this time around.  I can appreciate the scope of what they created, but the draw just isn't there for me.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 11, 2009, 06:45:36 AM »

finally finished this up tonight:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I got to beat the crap out of the pope!  how cool is that? thumbsup

after the closing speech it occurred to me that maybe AC3 won't be set in just the present/one other time period, but maybe multiple ones as you try and do what you were told needs to be done.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:58:45 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 11, 2009, 07:12:45 AM »

Okay -something bugs me about that, and the ending

Spoiler for Hiden:
Its memory, right? So we cant change anything in the past, only relive it. Thats why we get the "Ezio didnt kill any civilians" messages. So, the next game will *have* to take plaze in modern time for us to change anything. Sure - clues may be in old days, but anythign we do to actually change things, would have to be in modern day, i.e. not a memory

A new one
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: