http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 02:37:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 2 interest? (Now with Impressions - starting on pg 2)  (Read 29663 times)
Pyperkub
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »

I'm wondering if people are as 'meh' about this as I am.  The first one was cool for about 4 missions, and then became so much MOTS that I never finished it, and don't plan on it.  As such, the second one just seems tired.  I have no enthusiasm for MOTS all over again.  Maybe they made some changes, but I just have zero interest in this whatsoever.  

On Blues, I saw this:

"The third quarter of 2009-10 will be the most important quarter in Ubisoft’s history," listing the following as their main releases for the quarter:

− Assassin’s Creed® 2 for Xbox 360®, PLAYSTATION® 3, Nintendo DSI™ and PSP™
    − James Cameron’s Avatar™: The Game for Xbox 360®, PLAYSTATION® 3, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PSP™ and PC
    − Rabbids Go Home™ for Wii™ and Nintendo DS™
    − Shaun White Snowboarding World Stage for Wii™
    − Just Dance™ for Wii™
    − Your Shape™ for Wii™

In which case, if I'm anything like their target audience, they are going to be in SERIOUS trouble...

Edit - Impressions begin about halfway down page 2.  With the added bonus of YK's gaming acquisition strategems :-)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:16:58 PM by Pyperkub » Logged

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:57:30 PM »

Yeah I think the repetition was clearly the #1 complaint against the first, and that's what they're trying to address with the second.  Caught a demo at PAX and really liked it.  I'm definitely in for #2.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

I loved Assassin's Creed, despite the repetition, and played through every side quest, investigation mission, assassination, etc.  And I am excited about Assassin's Creed 2.  <<shrugs>>

But then there are games like Dragon Age, Left for Dead, Borderlands, etc, which do absolutely nothing for me.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »

I will definitely play it, but am not planning on getting it new.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I liked the first game a lot, but the repetition criticism was valid...I'd say it was a solid 8.5 game for me.  I love the Italian setting of AC2, but I'm going to wait for real reviews after retail release.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

I loved AssCreed1, but as Pete pointed out (rather succinctly, I might add), the timing of AssCreed2 is unfortunate.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 10:32:39 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 04, 2009, 10:15:22 PM

I will definitely play it, but am not planning on getting it new.

same (& after i finally play ac1. not sure what my problem was - just never clicked, even tho it should've). i'm actually much more interested in the other game no one's interested in loz: spirit tracks smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »

Actually you're off about the lack of interest for AC2, the pre-orders for it are already higher than they were for the original game. I loved Assassin's Creed, excited as hell for AC2.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25895
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:39:26 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »

I wasn't planning on getting it until next year, as I thought I still had a lot of the original to finish, but it turned out not to be that much, so I am even, even if I can't make this sentence go on forever by adding clauses, be they with comma or without, though I prefer them with commas; a semicolon isn't out of place, either.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »

I quite liked AssCred1.  Repetition in games never bothers me that much.  It makes the experience more relaxing for me if I don't have to constantly be figuring out what to do or where to go, and can just soak up the game world.  I'm totally looking forward to the sequel.  Too bad there's so many other games vying for attention by the time it comes out.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »

unless one of the local stores does a big release day sale, i'll hold out for the rental.  not worth paying full price for it when it's likely going to be my 'Live is down, no MW2 mp' stand in game.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 11:52:32 PM »

They are making huge changes to the structure of the game and it seems like they have addressed pretty much every single complaint.  I'm really optimistic for it based on all of the previews I've read.  Sounds like they really took the criticism of the first game to heart. 
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 12:20:33 AM »

I thought the first one was pretty good, once I got past the first few missions and things opened up.

My main interest in Assassin's Creed 2 is because it's set in Venice.  I was just in Venice for a few days a couple years ago, and it's such a unique place and interesting setting.  I just think it'll be really cool to run around in locales I might recognize.

XBox Live:  JNacht
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 12:41:40 AM »

Day 1 purchase for me!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 12:48:38 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 05, 2009, 12:41:40 AM

Day 1 purchase for me!

this.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 03:17:52 AM »

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 03:24:45 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on November 05, 2009, 03:17:52 AM

Odd. I fail to see how a muddy bootprint plays into an answer. Perhaps you are looking to get your feet dirty?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 05:03:58 AM »

I am definitely in.  MW2 and AC2 are likely my last purchases of 2009 (Dragon Age is a maybe).

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 05:23:00 AM »

Quote from: Purge on November 05, 2009, 03:24:45 AM

Odd. I fail to see how a muddy bootprint plays into an answer. Perhaps you are looking to get your feet dirty?

he lacks the ability to write anything good so he's posting random pics  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 05:29:49 AM »

No interest here. I was fooled with the first one. They won't fool me again.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »

I was also fooled by the first one but I enjoyed the first few hours enough that I will get the second-just not until I can get it used for $30 or less. Absolutely NO excitement or anticipation on this one for me.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 12:44:25 PM »

huh? this thing isnt till next year is it?? PLEEEAAASSE Tell me its not till next year...hot diggity damn its an expensive fall for games :-(

A new one
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 05, 2009, 12:44:25 PM

huh? this thing isnt till next year is it?? PLEEEAAASSE Tell me its not till next year...hot diggity damn its an expensive fall for games :-(

It's later this month.

I loved AC. It is still my favorite game I've played on the 360. AC2 sounds better in every respect. Having said that, I have Dragon Age and Torchlight sucking all my gaming time, so AC2 may wait till X-mas or later.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »

I honestly don't see AC being anymore repetitive than Batman:AA, with the latter being focused on a small area and doing the same thing over and over.  While AC wasn't a deep game by any means it was a great beer & pretzels type of game for me, where I could come home and just unwind playing it without it being too complicated.

Both were great games IMO and AC2 is preordered and will be picked up on day 1 for me.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 01:42:06 PM »

for me AC was brilliannt mood and grapics-wise...when I came to the first city, and I was riding down the hillside and could see it, and knew I could go anywhere in the city I could see, I was blown away...just awesome stuff!! I'm hoping the second one keeps the epic feel that this one did

Btw, since I didnt finish the first one - there's some thing about the ending that one needs to know to follow the story in the second one, right? I'll probably finish it if there IS such a big surprise ending

A new one
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »

It's the only game I'm telling people about as a Christmas item list.

I will have purchased everything else I want.

- shaggy

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 05, 2009, 12:44:25 PM

It's coming out the week after MW2. However, there isn't much coming after that so you could always wait until December to pick it up like I probably am.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »

My interest in the original game plummeted for no reason. I remember enjoying the hell out of it when I first started playing it, then one day I turned on the Xbox to play some more, and realized that I had switched out the game disc with something else. I didn't feel like getting up, so I turned the TV off and never played the game again. I remember it as a good game, but it didn't pull me in like other games.

I'll put the sequel onto my wish list. If I don't get it for Christmas, then I'll most likely rent it at some point, or buy it after a price drop.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 12:43:02 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 05, 2009, 05:23:00 AM

he lacks the ability to write anything good so he's posting random pics  icon_twisted

Understanding sarcasm is apparently not CeeKay's forte.

I Love The Law!  smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »

Quote from: Frog's Honey on November 06, 2009, 12:43:02 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 05, 2009, 05:23:00 AM

Understanding sarcasm is apparently not CeeKay's forte.

naw, just taking a not to be taken seriously potshot at his writing ability  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 03:50:51 AM »

Paid in full for it a few months back (along with MW2), glad I did, money is tight right now.

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 07:42:47 AM »

I'm really looking forward to this game. I can't imagine not enjoying it.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 09:07:13 AM »

i do want the game,i loved the original...but it may get knocked back until i can afford it

i just downloaded and watched the 15 minute film of AssCreed lineage last night...it was alright

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 03:24:48 PM »

I'm interested but want to play MW2, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age first.  So yeah.. sometime in 2012 maybe.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »

Pretty psyched for the game. My new rule of only renting games that are strictly single-player means I'll be renting it, but I am looking forward to it. Really enjoyed the first.

Here's a fantastic song from the second game's OST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c&feature=player_embedded

TheMissingLink on PSN
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 09:48:02 PM »

Loved the first, but have way too many games to grab the second.  I'm going to have to hope I can catch it at one of the rental places.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »

a new video preview and... UFC fighters talking about it....

anyways, 4 more days!

Because I can,
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 04:26:58 PM »

I liked the first one until about the 4th time I had to spend 15 minutes riding my horse from the top of the mountain down into one of the cities, just to do the same laundry list of missons all over again. That's when the game got removed from the 360 and traded back to EB. There was about 30 minutes of gameplay repeated over and over again. I'm out for the second one.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 13, 2009, 04:26:58 PM

I liked the first one until about the 4th time I had to spend 15 minutes riding my horse from the top of the mountain down into one of the cities, just to do the same laundry list of missons all over again. That's when the game got removed from the 360 and traded back to EB. There was about 30 minutes of gameplay repeated over and over again. I'm out for the second one.

I feel the same way, except I actually finished it.  If you ask me to share my thoughts on AC, it will sound like I hated the game and yet I finished it.  I am waiting, though, to see if my issues with the first one are addressed in the second.  If they are, I am willing to be IN!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 04:45:01 PM »

Quote from: JayDee on November 13, 2009, 04:26:58 PM

All of this stuff is gone in AC2.  Anyone writing the game off based on the repetitiveness of the first one seriously needs to read some previews of the game.  It's been dramatically overhauled. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: