http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 12:52:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ArmA II - reviews and other stuff - ArmA 2: Free coming! Cold War Assault out!  (Read 6749 times)
Creepy_Smell
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2009, 12:48:50 AM »

Quote from: El-Producto on September 22, 2009, 05:37:47 PM

Not that I need any other games, but now that I have a PC that can run it, I'm looking at ARMA2.  I'll probably just wait until OPFLASH 2, but how is the singleplayer in this game?

Heard its real buggy but I'm not sure as of the latest patch. There are always a few threads on BIS forums about the latest one. At least BIS does keep patching their games.

I think most people just play in the editor or download custom missions to play.

I still need to finish ArmA but will end up with ArmA2 at some point but waiting on a price drop or more details on the expansion (Think its stand alone so waiting to see how that splits the mod community unless it and Arma2 same base game just different campaigns).

Hoping OFP2 turns out good too even if its more GRAWish than GR OG.

Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2009, 02:33:42 AM »

Bump.

Its $30 on gogamer. Think I'll cave now even though I need to finish Arma1 expansion. But $30 is a nice price when its still $50 at B&M around here.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

free DLC ism on the way:

ARMA 2 patch v.1.05 announced, includes free downloadable content

Bohemia Interactive releases new sneak peek teaser video showing free downloadable content in forthcoming ARMA 2 patch

Prague, Czech Republic, December 11th 2009 – As a continuous commitment to its dedicated fans, Bohemia Interactive, an award winning independent development studio, and IDEA Games, an association of independent developers located in the Czech Republic, today release an exclusive sneak peek teaser video together with pack of four screenshots introducing the forthcoming patch which will upgrade the military simulator ARMA 2 to version 1.05.

The video, available for download at www.arma2.com, introduces the bonus campaign “Eagle Wing“ featuring the new AH-64 Apache attack helicopter. The “Eagle Wing“ mini-campaign expands upon one of the seven unique endings of the original ARMA 2 over two extensive new levels; It's the year 2012, the war in Chernarus has overgrown into a conflict between the USA and the Russian Federation. The player finds themselves caught in the middle of an escalating conflict. As a pilot of the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, the player's task seems easy - to get behind enemy lines and attack. However the situation is about to change rapidly...

Amongst other things the 1.05 patch features a new warfare mode "When Diplomacy Fails", including 3-side support for diplomacy between all factions allowing players to enjoy the strategic part of the game in a size never seen before. Warfare mode is a unique gaming experience first introduced in ARMA: Armed Assault. The mode combines tactical FPS gameplay with strategic elements which allow players to either join the fight in the front lines attacking the enemy directly, or to crush them in a commander position giving orders to other players whilst managing resources and the main base. Moreover each player is allowed to lead his own squad. Up to 32 players are supported, this multiplayer mode is a true war experience.

“At Bohemia Interactive we make a continuous commitment to support our products. This latest update 1.05 reaffirms our commitment to ARMA 2 and our community at large: it includes the free downloadable content as our way of saying thank you to all those who buy our games and provide us support and feedback from around the globe. We continue to be amazed by the many ways our community is constantly expanding on our game with addons, mods and usermade missions. With this level of continued activity surrounding our game it's our pleasure to be able to support it this extensively post-launch.“ said Marek Spanel, Bohemia´s CEO.

ARMA 2 patch 1.05 will be released later in December 2009. Stay tuned and visit the ARMA 2 homepage at www.arma2.com for the latest Intel.

now hopefully D2D will have a good sale on this as part of their x-mas sale.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »

Me and 8-9 co-workers have recently started playing ARMA2 twice a week now. We played CoD4 for about two years but after we all boycotted MW2 we decided to drop CoD altogether.

We rented a dedicated server and have been having a blast running co-op missions. The game is definitely a HUGE learning curve, and is definitely rough around the edges, but there's no other game that can provide as realistic a military experience. There's very little more satisfying than working night after a night on a particularly challenging mission, then finally getting the teamwork to click and beating it.

The funniest story we had this week was that we were doing a mission that required retrieving a briefcase from a heavily fortified town, then making it to the LZ to get picked up by a helicopter for evacuation. We fought our way into town, retrieved the briefcase, then called the chopper in.

We make it back to the LZ and wait.....and wait. We can see the chopper pilot on the radar but he's moving agonizingly slow. After about ten minutes of sitting around, one of our guys goes, "Dammit, where the hell is he?" Another guy goes, "Umm....I think he's standing by our truck."

We turn around and sure enough the AI chopper pilot is just standing there with us. Apparently his chopper got shot down but he managed to eject. Then, as a good little soldier obeying his orders, he faithfully walked halfway across the map to rendezvous with us. One of my co-workers looks at him and goes, "You stupid son of a bitch!" and just shoots him in the face. We failed the mission, but the sound of all of us falling out of our chairs laughing more than made up for it.  icon_biggrin
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »

a sneak peak video for the DLC.

Because I can,
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2009, 06:04:12 AM »

I still need to really play this and the ArmA1 exp, but this is why I like BIS even if they release buggy stuff. They really patch and support their product and the mods don't hurt either. Sometimes I think we're just bug testers for the next patch/game but I don't mind. At least they keep working on it.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2009, 03:52:25 PM »

1.05 is out.  I'm hoping Steam or Direct2Drive have a good sale on this before the end of the year.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2011, 04:18:34 AM »

the MP portion is going free to play.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »

The Free client is now available at this link. The download is about 1 GB and you can get your activation key via a number of online services including Steam. An added bonus is that in addition to the MP, the free portion supports custom missions. So I'm thinking I should be able to download some of those to cut my teeth. So far I've only launched the startup interface to config my settings, but man even just that got my blood pumping. Anyhow...free is very good.  slywink thumbsup
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2011, 04:59:30 AM »

they just released ARMA: Cold War Assault on Steam for $5.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65790/

it's the original Operation Flashpoint; Bohemia got the rights back and are re-releasing it under the ARMA title.

Because I can,
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2011, 06:15:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 09, 2011, 04:59:30 AM

they just released ARMA: Cold War Assault on Steam for $5.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65790/

it's the original Operation Flashpoint; Bohemia got the rights back and are re-releasing it under the ARMA title.

Awesome! Well guess this means I can't just continue with the F2P version.

[Edit] Whoops, I thought this was a remake DLC for ARMA II and not just the original with the Resistance expansion. I checked out the screens and my GOTY version looks considerably better with the fan-made patch. Of course the Steam version may support thar patch too, but since there's nothing new here I'll be passing and sticking with my original CD's. For anyone else who missed it and can enjoy an awesome hard-core shooter/military simulator, jump on this!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:30:57 AM by kronovan » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: