http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 08:49:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you one of them?  (Read 2594 times)
Darren8r
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:19:23 AM »

By that I mean are you one of the people that rush out to purchase a new console the first day it comes out?

I just bought my Playstation 2 - 3 years ago. So I'm not one of the persons that runs out to by a new console on launch day.

I just cant afford it, and I mean how many games are there for PS2? Over 300 now? I've only played about 45, I own like 12 games. But I have alot of friends who are PS2 addicts too, so we let each other borrow games and do trades and stuff.

What about you?

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:24:14 AM »

Yes!! I know money is going to be very very tight for me in the next 6 months, but I know I am going to get the 360 on launch day.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 03:33:20 AM »

I'm the uber-consumer.  If it's new, shiny, and cool... there's a good chance I must have it.

gellar
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 03:44:09 AM »

Gotta support this site, so yea...I'm right behind gellar trying to get a better look at the new shiny object.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 04:00:36 AM »

I said no to the PSP, yet there I was on launch day getting one.

I am weak.  :cry:
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 04:16:52 AM »

For consoles I can now fully resist until prices come down. Two main reasons:

1) There are only one or two must have games upon release followed by months of waiting for that next must have

2) Technical issues tend to plague the inital hardware releases

So now I wait until the hardware prices drop to more sane levels before purchasing (and those intial must have games are $20).

The PC is another story. Once a highly anticipated game can't be run with the highest settings I'm out purchasing new hardware.  :?
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 05:31:36 AM »

Not me.  I don't even have a PS2 yet.  I had to get a GameCube, I loves me some Zelda and Metroid, but I held out for a killer deal.

I'm so far behind the curve, it all looks flat from here.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 01:25:11 PM »

mmm ... curves.  :twisted:

Er wait...
[hauls mind out into the sunlight; the gleam of gutterwater clinging to the surface]

Yeah. So I'm a consumer whore. (and HOW!)*

I'm right there buying the most expensive toys for the dumbest reasons. I own a 60GB iPod. In my defence I bought it cheap on eBay, and I will get stuff as cheap as possible. I just won an auction for the Monster iCruze (the CD changer adapter for iPod <-> car stereo). Once again, eBay @ 66US (retails for 199US).

As to the x360, I want me some of that in a bad way. I just saw the GC2005 video for the console dashboard, and it looks freakin' awesome. I can't wait. I may cash out my pre-order if Superstore puts out a $30 off purchases over $250.

PS. *bonus points to those who get this reference biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 01:58:50 PM »

Only with the Nintendo consoles (though I missed out on the N64 as I was so caught up in PC gaming at the time but have since caught up). I'll happily pick up my Revolution on launch day.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »

I was going to say I was since I stood outside Best Buy at like 5 in the morning to buy a PS2 on launch day but then I realized that was the only time I did that.

I bought my Xbox. GBA and Cube used and I just bought a DS because the price dropped.  

I guess I am not one of those people.  I am willing to wait which is my plan with the 360.

Eno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 03:28:30 PM »

I used to be looking forward to the 360, but the price of the Premium (read real) version made me think twice.  I'm gonna wait till the price drops.  Despite some people, there are a great deal of good Xbox games coming out before it dies.  And PS2 also, so I will survive for a while.  And if I dont, at least it will influence me to get a life lol.  Note, I got the Gamecube when it launched (worthless now anyway, my Cats pissed on it and it doesnt work lol), but waited about a year after the Xbox launch to get it...and I just got my PS2 within the last month.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »

Most of you people who purchase stuff for the best deal, I wouldnt consider "One of those people" I usually shop around and get the best price. But I dont have a Pay Pal account, so getting the best price for me, means waiting 2 years biggrin

I go over to my friends house to play his system that he waited outside for, from 5am til 12 noon  :lol: lol

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 10:26:20 PM »

IN!

Sometimes even early - I imported my N64 and PSP!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
lex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 10:36:46 PM »

I used to be one of those guys.  Ive bought lots of crappy games, DVD, music on release day no matter the price, but never anything more than 100 bucks.  

But I think I hold out longer now before buying something, just to wait for a price drop or something to be on sale.
somenobody
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 10:41:38 PM »

I wouldn't do that, unless there's a game I care about as much as Ratchet: Deadlocked that would come out at launch. But aside from Halo 3, there's no next-gen games I'm looking forward to right now.

I got a PS2 in Christmas 2002. I got my GameCube (which now doesn't work! But I don't care) in August 2004. I got my Xbox in June 2005.

It doesn't look like I'm a launch-buyer, does it? Tongue
And how many games for PS2? Dude, 300... there's at least 1000 games on the PS2, that's for sure.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 09:27:24 PM »

Quote from: "somenobody"

I got a PS2 in Christmas 2002.

Holy crap man a PS2 for Christmas!

I wish!

But I got a good "steal" on my PS2, Super Store had that thing on where if you buy 250$ worth of stuff you get 30$ off, so I bought my PS2 for 248$ and a large pack of gum to crack that 250$ mark.  biggrin

QWAYVE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 12:51:56 AM »

i don't buy systems on launch, I wait to find out what the problems are, but will buy pretty quickly if everyone seems happy.  I do however pre-order most of the games I MUST HAVE...bad habit, but I just use all those game bucks from the games I am disappointed with and return.  So it doesn't seem too painful when I pick up.  Last November I was there nearly every damned week picking up games. Which I still haven't even finished playing!  Why do they have to launch them all at the same time and then we have to wait for months for something else interesting to come out??? :angry:
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 01:55:56 AM »

Usually I just wait for the right game to catch my interest.

With Xbox 360 it will be PGR 3.  With Xbox it was Soul Calibur II.
For the GBA it was the prospect of being bored to death in jury duty!

Don't remember why I got the PS2, but I know I didn't get one at launch.  I think I got one in the second wave just because the first batch was gone in seemingly minutes and didn't want to miss out.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 02:10:49 AM »

Quote from: "Purge"
mmm ... curves.  :twisted:

Yeah. So I'm a consumer whore. (and HOW!)*

PS. *bonus points to those who get this reference biggrin

Rejected

I'd like my points in non-tracable 10s and 20s please.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 03:48:22 AM »

I am a banana!

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 12:39:08 PM »

Your talking to a man who has 4 wireless access points in his house and an Mp3 server so he can wirelessly get music outside... so yeah.. Im sick.. I will have it day one..

Although I have avoided the IPOD as I dont walk anywhere, I used to I had a 64 meg mp3 player I bought for 300$.00 when they came out... what a waste.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 07:42:33 PM »

Launch day or nearly so:  "some" of my Nintendo systems (got 'em all), and my first Xbox.

My first PS2 I bought broken, on eBay, about a year ago, and fixed it - just cz I wanted to know how.  That's not very close to launch day!  :lol:

I will definitely be at EB on launch day (or is that "lunch" Darren8r... sorry, inside joke!)  - for the XBox 360, and if not a release title, I'll be back - for Elder Scrolls:  Oblivion... as if everyone didn't know that already!   Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 10:08:50 PM »

lol its lunched for all those Ratchet beta testers biggrin

PS3 I will be getting in like 2 years of its launch. biggrin Video games arent #1 in my life, but I love them to death still.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: