http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 04:04:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aquanox 2  (Read 854 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2007, 07:27:08 PM »

Just wanted to give a heads up on this little known gem.

I had the first game. It seemed like it would be a blast to play but I had a real time trying to configure the controls on it. In the end I never did get it to work right and gave it up. Then recently a fine fellow in the trade forums gave me a copy of Aquanox 2. I tell ya its a damn blast of a game..fun I mean. Its the same engine as the first one but looks better. Good thing the controls work in this one. Mouse and keyboard. I think the trouble with the first game was I kept trying to make my joystick work. May go back and see if mouse / keyboard work with it.

Anyways A2 is really fun. Im guessing Im about half way into it. My only real gripe is my player character is such a dunce when it comes to the hot asian gal in the game haha.

Anyways if you've never heard of it or passed it up thinking it sucked I suggest giving it a shot. Really fun.

Oh guess I should point out its like Wing Commander but underwater.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 07:29:32 PM »

KAPOW!  Off to PC gaming.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ANZAC
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:13:09 AM »

First game I played like this was the olde Archimedean Dynasty and had a lot of fun with it.

A2 is like an underwater Wing Commander. Interesting storyline, good voice acting, interesting missions
in an undersea post apocalyptic world. ie: everyone lives under da sea. Missions run between bubble cities,
pirates, traders, rescue, esprit du corps, you get the pic.

Had the first Aquanox as well, but couldn't really get into it, partly because of control problems and it
just didn't seem to run very well.

Have and am playing Aquanox 2 Revelation.  Agree with Daehawk, a fun little game if you can find it.
Graphics still look pretty good. I am running it on a dual core and XP no problems.

Byte me
Atragon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 03:29:25 AM »

I 3rd? this statement. Aquanox 2 is a blast. I was fortunate enough to play it with a joystick (MS Force Feedback 2), and it was a blast. The only "problem" I had was with the hard boundries in some missions, sometimes a dogfight would wind up bouncing off of the barriers. Other than that, it rocked. The ending left things wide open for a 3rd game, shame nothing's come of it so far.

"We do what we must because we can."
X-Box Live: TragicNut
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 11:29:49 PM »

you guys are going to make me wish i hadn't given it away.  oh well.  too many games to play so little time.  glad you're enjoying it dae.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 17, 2007, 07:29:32 PM

KAPOW!  Off to PC gaming.

DOH! ..Where did I have it?

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:37:22 AM »

I too could not stand the controls, but even worse, the dialogue.  Oh gag me with a corny over-the-top spoon.  I ended up turning the sound off so I didn't have to listen to their voices.  But still the controls ruined it for me. 

If they fixed all that in the second I may actually try and find it somewhere.  Assuming there is a place left where it can be had.   It sold like what, 3 copies?!

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 05:07:42 AM »

Just finished it and watched the ending cgi. It was a strange..very strange...ending. In fact I dont get it. Did'nt understand it at all. All that time and I did'nt understand any more than when I started lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: