http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 04:00:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone tryed "Full Metal Alchemist: Broken Angel"  (Read 1193 times)
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2005, 05:54:03 PM »

I've caught FMA a few times on the TV and found it too be a pretty good series, was wondering if the game was any good. Also anyone try out Ys: Ark of Napishtim or have any info on Stella Deus? Obviously Im looking for a new RPG for my PS2 smile
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 06:26:28 PM »

I've heard rumor that FMA:BA wasn't so great.  I don't personally know, and I like FMA. smile   YS is okay for an old school RPG, but for what little I played it (about an hour and a half) it could have been done on the PS1 and it's just about hacking and slashing.  It's plays like Zelda, but without the style that makes Zelda so good.    Stella Deus looks good and I'm keeping an eye on it.  I'd pick it up, but the release of Scrapped Princess takes priority. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 06:36:24 PM »

The first FMA is supposed to be crap.  Although the second game is actually said to be pretty decent.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 06:42:55 PM »

I haven't played the others, but I'm really enjoying Ys.  The best thing about it is the variety in enemies.  So many action RPGs (particularly the BG Dark Alliance and Champions type games) get boring because every enemy just rushes at you or sits back and slings spells or arrows at you.  So far, in Ys, every enemy I've come across has a different type of attack or require a different method to defeat.  Some require certain sword attacks, while others do charge attacks, throw bombs and retreat, etc.  It's been lots of fun so far, so hopefully, this holds up througout the game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 07:01:17 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
The first FMA is supposed to be crap.  Although the second game is actually said to be pretty decent.
Just so we're clear on which games you're speaking of, what are the specific titles?

Update:  I just read Worthplaying's review for Full Metal Alchemist and the Broken Angel linked in our database: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=22935 .  I may give this a try.  It sounds RPG light, but fun.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 07:04:47 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Just so we're clear on which games you're speaking of, what are the specific titles?

Broken Angel is, I believe, the first FMA game and the only one released over here so far.  FMA 2 has already been released in Japan and has gotten much better reviews.  Still nothing great but seems to be worthwhile if you're a fan of the anime.  From what I understand, FMA 3 is already being worked on and should be even better.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 10:38:48 PM »

Oh, I see that FMA 2 will be subtitled Curse of the Crimson Elixir and will be released here in July.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: