http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 10:43:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone taking Wii Pre-orders?  (Read 672 times)
DarkEL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2006, 01:18:42 PM »

I almost never go to the game stores anymore, but i'm pretty convinced I want to pick up a wii on day 1 this year, so does anyone know of any of the chains that are accepting pre-orders yet? or are they still gun-shy after the xbox360 pre-order debacle?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:30:22 PM »

EB games will not be doing pre-orders for systems. The "debacle" wasn't necessarily due to numbers availability, but to distribution.

MS , Nintendo and Sony refuse to guarantee alotment to the gamer stores; Wal-Marts get the lions share and thusly the other stores don't see their required percentages. (got this from my local EB Games mgr; he's going to be "taking care of me" when it comes to release time.

biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 06:31:32 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
are they still gun-shy after the xbox360 pre-order debacle?

Yes, I think so, which would help explain why there won't be any preorders for PS3 anytime soon. But afaik GS/EB have not been given any info in regard to Wii preorders as the other poster suggests. They could simply be waiting for pricing and availability info.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 06:43:58 PM »

What happened with the 360 is that MS allocated systems to retailers based on their market share, not on what they had reserved. The exception to this was Best Buy, which got a larger share due to their "preferred retail partner" status.

I wouldn't be suprised if GameStop/EB ended up taking reservations at the last minute once they have firm numbers from Nintendo and Sony.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 01:41:14 AM »

I've heard rumors from my local Gamestop honcho that they might be taking reserves a month before release, if at all, for the PS3. Simply because Sony said that there will be all of 2 million consoles at launch. Which means about 2 consoles per store, at best.

As for the Wii - nobody knows how many there will be at launch, how much it'll be, or even the release date. Wait for Nintendo to say more, then rush down to your local store.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:06:27 AM »

Toys R Us are selling preorder bundles (Wii with games). No preorders for system only.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 07:17:12 AM »

Nintendo revealed that they expect to sell 6 million Wii's by end of March 07, which means about 3 million by Christmas.  That's worldwide, so maybe 1 million US or 1.5 million if they screw Europe (can't remember if they've promised Europe for the holidays or not).  That's not a lot of consoles available even if it's at $249.  Pre-order early if you can and hope you get lucky.

Seriously, if MS is smart and makes sures there are ton's of 360's available this holiday they are going to clean up given how few Wii's and PS3's there will be.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:34:43 AM »

no i dont think a price or release date has been released here in europe yet....but i am gonna get it....even if it is crap,LOL...just so i can help put that last nail in sony's coffin....sorry still pissed about the whole no pre-owned rumour

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 02:17:04 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
I've heard rumors from my local Gamestop honcho that they might be taking reserves a month before release, if at all

Correct, we've been told it won't be until October, at the earliest.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: