http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 02:11:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Played Trace Memory?  (Read 648 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »

I've seen this everywhere and it looks intriguing but the reviews are mediocre...
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »

I never got around to buying it.  I heard it is fun while it lasts, but the problem is that it doesn't last.  The game is supposedly very short and I think this is where it gets the mediocre reviews.  From what I've heard, it uses the unique features of the DS fairly well.  If I saw it for like 10 bucks, I would probably pick it up.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 06:37:49 PM »

If you like classic PC point and click type of adventure games, it's pretty decent. It has some truly clever puzzles that make use of the unique features of the DS. It is definitely very short. I finished it in an afternoon.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 06:42:05 PM »

Got it...have played it for a few hours. I want to like it, but the translation is so painfully tedious it makes playing the game a chore.

"The (noun) is (adjective)."

That covers 95% of the descriptions of objects you can inspect in the game.

I have also found that some of the touch screen elements are a royal pain. For instance, at one point you have to rotate a key in a lock and I couldn't get the danged thing to rotate the last bit for the life of me.

Finally, the game just leads you along like somebody has a $20 bill on a string....your dad is waiting for you here...no, he's actually there...no no, he's now at the...you get the idea.

I want there to be a good game there, but I haven't found it yet. Phoenix Wright is sooooo much better, though. Having said that, the same people are responsible for the Hotel Dusk game, and I'm intrigued by that one.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:33:26 PM »

I played it through, you're looking at 4 to 5 hours of gameplay tops, of course that's jut playing it straight through. You don't get the best ending unless you find and interact with everything thus solving the mystery of the ghost boy's death.

I didn't feel the need to do all that, but I had a good time playing the game, and I am hoping that Nintendo has greenlighted more games like it but just with more story and gameplay.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:34:57 PM »

I loved it but it's very short.  I actually have a post around here with my impressions...

Here ya go: http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8941

I'd say it makes a great rental.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »

I second the "loved it" opinion.  I'm an adventure game fan, for sure, though.  I'm also the type who has to play through everything.  I was stopped for a while because I hadn't found enough clues to get all the questions at the end of one chapter and didn't want to play all the way through the level again.  However, just recently I plowed through to the end.  Very enjoyable game with a good use of the DS.  I wish we'd see more like this.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 10:17:57 PM »

The game is part of Circuit City's $8.96 clearance, so if you can find it, it should still be that price.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: