http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 03:57:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone play Rise of the Kasai? [PS2]  (Read 660 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2006, 12:20:16 PM »

Picked this up at Target yesterday for $9.99 and am having some problems getting to the second mission.
As soon as I beat the first mission, the dialogue thing comes up and there's talking, then it locks up in some kind of sound loop.
I tried it again, beat the first mission, and it locked up during the talking.
Brought it back to Target and exchanged it for another (the last) copy, beat the first mission, and once again, it locked up!  :evil:

Is this just my luck getting two defective copies, or is it a bug in the game?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:15:56 PM »

Sounds like a defect. I'd ask to see what condition the CD is in, but since Target doesn't sell used games (at least at last check they didn't), that can't be the issue.

The only thing I can think of is that your laser might be trying to go out of whack. Play any other game that has the same color bottom of the CD and see if you have issues.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »

The only thing I can think of is that your laser might be trying to go out of whack.

Good God don't say that! The PS2 I have now is about 2 weeks old (New from Gamestop) so I don't think (hope) that is the problem.

Rise of the Kasai is the only game giving me problems like this. (It comes on a regular silver bottom DVD - all the other ones play fine.)
The disc is in perfect condition, as was the last one I got.

Any other ideas?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 01:32:27 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Any other ideas?

Draw a charcoal sketch of your PS2 and game disc and hope the sketch starts animating and showing you what should happen next?

Getting some tribal tattoos may help.
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 02:19:05 AM »

for what it's worth, if you haven't played the first game (Mark of Kri), it was one of the finest games ever made and RotK is pale in comparison.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: