http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 04:34:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone play DW4 with XL added?  (Read 1166 times)
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 19, 2005, 06:52:48 PM »

Do I just play DW4 normally, then when I beat everything, pop in XL with the save file and go from there, or is there a way to load DW4, then put in XL and have it recognize everything and have all the stuff?  Something tells me it's the first.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 07:14:53 PM »

Actually you load up XL first, then select the load orginal option and it will prompt you to put hte DW4 disk in and load some info off of it.  Then you put the XL disk back in and away you go.

It transfers everything you have earned in DW4, and adds new things to the mix.  You can play XL by itself, it has a couple of new modes to it, but it also intergrates all of the DW4 things as well.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 07:42:36 PM »

What if you haven't played DW4 at all yet?
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 08:32:49 PM »

If you haven't played at all it still adds some nice features (ability to get a 5th level weapon for characters is one) so if you have both you may as well have the XL content from the start.

Edit: Also the Legends missions make it much easier to get the 4th level weapons for several characters, along with some nice XP runs.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 09:02:12 PM »

For those who are wondering, this is about Dynasty Warriors 4 and Extreme Legends.

You guys should know better than to post only acronymes.  Always include the full name of the game you are discussing in the first post.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 03:36:17 AM »

I liked DW4: Empires.  It adds a little Risk-style angle to the game.  Instead of the straight story (musou) mode, you carve out your own empire.  There are events and generals to recruit making it a bit like a mix between Rot3K and DW.  I wrote a review for it.

I need to pick up Samurai Warriors and SWXL to complete my collection.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 05:28:24 AM »

Empires was fun... but having to start from scratch each time got a bit old for me... but the main reason I ended up shelving it was the lack of co-op.

My friends and I have put tons of hours into the other versions because of the co-op... and that is why I can't wait until the 29th... when 5 comes out!! Too bad it doesn't come out earlier that week... half my spring break without DW5... <sigh>

Why yes I am a game junkie thank you...

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 03:07:42 PM »

Well, I can't afford 5, and basically got 4 + XL for free (tradeins).  When Empires goes GH (like Sony apparently is saying in their list of GH titles. although they may have just meant DW4 period), I'll get it.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 05:07:22 PM »

I can understand that... I can't really afford 5 right now either... except that a friend and I are going in on it together.  

Having the semester paid off and money left in the bank is a recipe for much spending if I'm not careful smile

If you haven't already, it is definitely worth the time to play with a friend.

Preferably a friend who can read a map...  Tongue

One of the big things I'm looking forward to in 5 is enemies without cloaking devices.  Nothing like trying to fight an enemy officer while he pops in and out of view while being able to hit you the whole time.  Especially when the game gives having your bodyguards visible more weight than being able to see your opponent.

Still one of the more fun games I've played lately though.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 05:12:50 PM »

Quick question:  Does DW4 have missions in the battles like Samurai Warriors did?
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 06:05:17 PM »

Yep, but you don't get direct experience rewards for them (other than the xp for taking out officers).  What you do and what order you do missions frequently has an affect on how the battle plays out just like in Samurai Warriors.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 02:15:48 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
For those who are wondering, this is about Dynasty Warriors 4 and Extreme Legends.

Thanks Turtle!

I think these forums need an acronym plug-in that puts in tooltips on all acronyms with the expanded name.  biggrin

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 03:52:36 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"

You guys should know better than to post only acronymes.  Always include the full name of the game you are discussing in the first post.

Thank you turtle...  I was all OMG WTF? ROFLMAO!11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: