http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 03:24:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone pick up CoD: FH or Demon Stone?  (Read 1907 times)
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2004, 12:31:40 AM »

Just thought I would take down two birds with one stone here and ask about both games. So, if anyone had picked anyone of these titles up, what do you think about them? Are they worth getting?

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 09:09:28 PM »

You can see my review of Demon Stone here: http://www.consolegold.com/Reviews/review/292.html

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 03:52:52 PM »

I have Demon Stone, and I like it a lot.  The story is really cool and the fact that you can switch up between the 3 characters is really a big bonus.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 06:27:18 PM »

Do yourself a favor and avoid the console version of CoD.  It's not a port, but an entirely new game that (from the sounds of the various reviews) they completely boned.  You would be far wiser to pick up the PC version, which is still one of my all time favorite FPS.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 05:06:37 AM »

Picked up Demon Stone yesterday, and finished it this afternoon.  It was a blast while it lasted, but it only takes 8-9 hours to run through.  And since you play as all three characters at once, there's no reason to play it through again.

It's got some great action and fantastic set pieces (the dragon battle in the hallway was brilliant), and uses the D&D license very well.  The voice work and story are well done, and the graphics look superb even on PS2.  I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys hack n' slash, but make sure it's just a rental.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 05:16:11 AM »

Totally agree with Gratch.  Great fun while it lasts.  Can easily be completed in a rental for most.
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 07:47:24 PM »

I picked up Demon Stone. And I must say I am having a blast. Good graphics, good voice over and good story. Thanks for everyones input.  biggrin

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 03:18:18 PM »

I'm glad you are liking Demon Stone.  When i finished the game the first time through, I went back and tried to beat each level using different characters in different spots, which was fun.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 09:25:03 PM »

I played 4 minutes of it, and put it down. I've already beaten Lord of the Rings - Two Towers twice and this felt a lot like it. I dunno, I didn't give it much of a chance. I may take it up next year when it's in the bargain bin and the summer drought has me down. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 09:50:11 PM »

It is exactly the same game (same engine, many of the same textures), but with D&D trappings instead of LotR.  I really enjoyed seeing some of the Forgotten Realms characters and locales come to life, so it really appealed to me.

However, Demon Stone doesn't have the insane difficulty that LotR had, which makes it infinately more playable imho.   The three different characters can also give it quite a bit of variety, although I used the fighter nearly the whole way through.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
I thought the Underdark level, the Drizzt level, and the hallway dragon battle were especially well done.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 03:33:54 PM »

I agree that the fact it was a bit simpler than LOTR was nice.  I just had a lot of fun being able to switch among the characters.  I think it's only $29.99 right now which oughtta get some more people playing it.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 04:48:59 PM »

You can see my COD: FH review right here: http://www.consolegold.com/Reviews/review/296.html

Its for the Cube version but they are essentially the same.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 03:24:11 PM »

Quote from: "Vindel"
I picked up Demon Stone. And I must say I am having a blast. Good graphics, good voice over and good story. Thanks for everyones input.  biggrin

Vindel, did you buy Demon Stone or rent it?  You getting a lot out of it so far?  I'm just curious how it's going.

Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 04:31:31 PM »

I bought it. I really enjoyed the first LOTR games and I don't mind mindless hack n slash  biggrin . I am a very casual gamer and this game is perfect for me. Go in  play for a half hour or so and come out beating a level or two. Lots of fun.

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 03:06:22 PM »

I like this type of hack and slash stuff too.  It's fun to me.  I know some people need something deeper, but that doesn't really bother me.  Especially since the storyline was so good.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 09:15:05 PM »

Second Gratch's opinion (or is that third?).  Exactly the same as LOTRII, but def worth a rental (it is short, not much replay).  Plus is anyone else pissed about the "hands on" preview OXM game of this game?  How can you mention "hack + slash roleplayer" / action RPG / Baldur's Gate DA like game when it is in fact nothing like BGDA???  And not ONCE mention LOTR???  And in case you missed my point - mention BGDA at least 3 times???  My opinion of the magazine goes down constantly (this is without even gettin' into the reviews - which are more like previews).  I wish they'd pick up some PC Gamers from like 1998 - 2000 to see how to write a review (which is ironic because wasnt Smith EIC during some / all of that time?).  Just my two cnets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: