http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 08:46:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here actually complete Indigo Prophecy?  (Read 884 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:42:55 PM »

and like it?  I started it when it first came out, played about 3-4 hours and just dropped it cuz I got stuck or something and never went back.  Just curious if it ended well.  Well enough to maybe download it for $10 and try again.  I am sure now the graphics will make my eyes bleed, but I faintly remember it having an interesting story and equally interesting control mechanic.  But that is about all.

Any thoughts as to it being worth $10 still.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 11:18:46 PM »

If you didn't like the beginning, you definitely won't like the ending. I loved the game, but the ending was the worst part-- hurried, unbelievable, and bordering on nonsensical.

That being said, I really enjoyed the rest of the game and wish more games like it would come out.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:34:49 PM »

I liked it a lot but, yeah, the ending was pretty out there.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »

The developers themselves admitted that the ending was bad, so yeah I don't think it is worth going back to for the ending.

My main beef with the game was that there was very little game to it.  There were the "Simon" sequences, which can only be so entertaining, and the adventure/puzzle parts were so easy that it was hard to even consider them puzzles.  I remember one instance where an old woman agrees to give you important info, but first she needs you to light some candles.  But she tells you where the candles are (and they're about 1 room away) so all you're doing is going through a bunch of unnecessary motions.

I thought there was potential there, though.  I'm hoping Heavy Rain is better.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:41:20 AM »

I tried so hard to get into the game, but it never really caught on with me. The black detective was too much of a stereotype, the female detective's bout with claustrophobia was ridiculous, and the lead character had almost no charisma.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 12:42:29 AM »

I finished it, and while the stealth sequence and the ending weren't great, I still enjoyed it all the way through.  Heavy Rain is one of the reasons I'm thinking about picking up a PS3 at some point.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 12:43:07 AM »

The ending was rushed and kind of odd, but I think it's worth it just to see how the characters ended up.  The story was good, but I thought the best part was the character development, with much deeper and well-developed characters than in most games.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 01:16:07 AM »

So, I think the consensus is about 50/50 yes and no.  I'm on the fence.  Maybe during the Summer drought.  Length?  10 hours maybe.  That would be about right.  Don't think I could play that type of game much longer.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 02:10:43 AM »

There really isn't even a control scheme for the action parts of the game, more like Simon with a plot.

However, the adventure and story aspects were great.  Namely all the little things like how you could do things in various ways, still leading up to the same conclusion, but it was nice just to have that flow to the game where it didn't feel like every action was scripted.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 02:30:07 AM »

I thought it was decent but I never completed it-I got pretty far in the game though.  I got stuck at the part where you have to hide and cant let the guy hear you breathing-I kept screwing up the timings so I got frustrated and quit it.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 02:35:10 AM »

I really admire Indigo Prophecy for its ambition, reaching pretty far outside the box to create a truly "interactive movie" with branching plot points, interesting characters, and spectacular voice acting, but I agree that the story comes completely unhinged in the final third of the game.  Seriously, parts of the storyline introduced near the end seem so random and disconnected, it's almost like they were based on a completely different revision of the script.

That said, I find the tech demo for Heavy Rain positively mesmerizing.  It's a Day 1 purchase for me! thumbsup

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:37:54 AM by Autistic Angel » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 03:35:54 AM »

That tech demo was pretty cool!  At first I thought it was crap but then it got better and better (and so did her acting).  Unfortunately the dialogue wasn't quite syncing with the lip movements though.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 04:17:21 AM »

Quote from: Canuck
That tech demo was pretty cool!  At first I thought it was crap but then it got better and better (and so did her acting).

That's exactly the reaction I had.  When it starts, you're simply critiquing her as a CG construct -- the lip syncing, the movement of her hair, the sheen of her skin -- but as the clip rolls on, you get swept up in the power of the scene.  That tech demo is about two years old now and was produced using unfinished PS3 hardware, so I can't wait to see what the real thing is like.

For what it's worth, director David Cage has also said that Heavy Rain won't have any of the supernatural elements that sent Indigo Prophecy careening off the rails.

Quote from: Canuck
Unfortunately the dialogue wasn't quite syncing with the lip movements though.

Many of the YouTube versions suffered from pronounced desyncs.  This was the best one I could find straight away, but the direct feed version from a site like GameSpot might give slightly better results.

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:19:32 AM by Autistic Angel » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 05:44:39 AM »

Hi-res version of Heavy Rain tech demo
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 05:53:29 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oK8ZSfHW-E

Recently released tech demo from the same team.  Incredible stuff.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »

Yeah, they really improved things.  Must be the new mocap technology that Sony ponied up for to help develop the game.

The main problem with the prior tech demo was the mouth area and lack of more subtle facial changes.  The mouth rig just wasn't right and the teeth didn't have enough polys.

Interestingly enough, the model looks exactly like the actress playing the role, right town to the toothy smile.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 05:12:36 PM »

WTF?,.....i just finished it yesterday(Indigo Prophecy i mean)...thats wierd,anyway,i had completed it ages ago when the game was first released,and then yesterday after i got it from xbox LIVE(originals)download...here in the UK,its called Farenheit

i loved the game,but yeah the ending did seem a bit ..meh...but at least we got the sex scene and the naked lady dancing extra biggrin(i bought that at the end of the game from the main menu...i thought they were gonna cut that out,but they didnt

oh and i also think it still looks pretty good for an xbox 1/PS2 game
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:15:40 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: