http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 11:44:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone having trouble with their Play & Charge kits?  (Read 865 times)
The_Man
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2005, 02:07:54 AM »

I'm really disappointed so far in my Play & Charge kit.  The little manual or brochure that comes with it says that you should get 25 hours out of a full charge.  I have yet to get more than 4 hours out of a full charge.

At first I thought I was doing something wrong.  The little light in the center of the controller begins to flash when the battery needs charging.  So I hook up the Play and Charge kit and once it hooks up there is a red light.  The red light stays on until it is fully charged at which time the red light becomes a green light and you can remove the Play and Charge kit.  Isn't that the way it works?

Anyway, I've fully charged my controller 3 times in the last 3 days and I barely get 4 hours out of it each time.
Wolfsix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 02:20:32 AM »

The manual says you have to charge it 3 to 5 times before you start to see a full charge if I recall.

Have you forgotten? -- Darryl Worley
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 02:56:14 AM »

I's say I've played AT LEAST 10-12 hours after it was on the charger and have yet to recharge. It flashes for a few seconds when I first turn it on, but I haven't recharged it yet.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 03:07:23 AM »

My controller has been a bit wonky since using the play and charge kit, also my second controller I bought doesn't work at all, it won't synch up with the system.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 04:54:14 AM »

Arkon, hit the little round button on the x360 face (near memory cards) while the system is on, and then hit the "X" on the controller. It should synch up.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 04:54:17 AM »

It's possible it's the battery that's at fault and is not holding a charge.  How long did it take of the battery to charge up fully the first time?

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Wolfsix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 06:28:56 AM »

Not trying to derail the thread, but I do have a related question. Where is the battary guage located at? I've been looking but can't seem to find it.

Have you forgotten? -- Darryl Worley
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 06:34:43 AM »

Another slight derail, but you can use the play and charge kit to hook the wireless controllers to the PC for use apparently.  Has anyone tried this?

---
XBox Live: ScottW
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 07:22:08 AM »

Quote from: "Wolfsix"
Not trying to derail the thread, but I do have a related question. Where is the battary guage located at? I've been looking but can't seem to find it.

hit the big X button and on the panel that pops out from the left look up top by the time to see the battery indicator

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 02:45:17 PM »

Quote from: "Sarkus"
It's possible it's the battery that's at fault and is not holding a charge.  How long did it take of the battery to charge up fully the first time?

Well, I think it takes a couple of hours to charge, but I haven't been keeping track.  I do know that on the last full charge that I got about 3 and a half hours of play time before the little X started blinking again.  So I decided to play it until it died completely, but that only took about another 30 minutes.

Needless to say, when you are told 25 hours and you get 4, it makes you wonder if there's something wrong with it.  I have fully charged it about 4 times now...actually every day since I have had the 360.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 03:15:36 PM »

Definitely something wrong with it. I still haven't given mine a second charge and I played for another 5 or 6 hours straight last night.

happydog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 05:37:47 PM »

I only charged mine once, and have been playing many hours with it. Sounds like you got a junk battery.

LiveTAG: happydog
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Arkon, hit the little round button on the x360 face (near memory cards) while the system is on, and then hit the "X" on the controller. It should synch up.

Woot, thanks purge this worked... for some reason it wouldn't synch on it's own like my other controller does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: