http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 10:14:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else playing the BF:BC (Now not the demo)  (Read 18926 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »

lol, Hark's already level 8 with at least 5 dog tags collected.  Guess the ranked servers are working again.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2008, 08:05:27 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 23, 2008, 08:00:20 PM

lol, Hark's already level 8 with at least 5 dog tags collected.  Guess the ranked servers are working again.

Heh, took me about an hour to try out all the new guns and stuff and get into a groove.  Now I'm kicking some noob ass slywink

2 more unlocks and I'll have all that I really care to have.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »

oh, apparently pushing up on the dpad uploads a screenshot.  to where I have no idea

edit: odd, my online stats are laggin pretty far behind my in-game stats.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:09:24 PM by Harkonis » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2008, 08:06:01 PM

oh, apparently pushing up on the dpad uploads a screenshot.  to where I have no idea

Yeah, I was thinking, "shouldn't we be able to see other people's stats?" Similar to Halo 3. Perhaps that bit isn't online yet.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 23, 2008, 08:09:44 PM

Yeah, I was thinking, "shouldn't we be able to see other people's stats?" Similar to Halo 3. Perhaps that bit isn't online yet.

Not sure what you are talking about, you CAN see other peoples stats just fine. Once they have linked their BF account to thier xbox tag, you just go look at their stats.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2008, 08:35:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2008, 08:32:41 PM

Quote from: Teggy on June 23, 2008, 08:09:44 PM

Not sure what you are talking about, you CAN see other peoples stats just fine. Once they have linked their BF account to thier xbox tag, you just go look at their stats.

You can?  On the EA site?

EDIT: well I was able to look at your stats by substituting my name with your name in the address bar, but I thought there would be a way to click on people in your friends list or something.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:39:46 PM by Teggy » Logged

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »

Any in game messages about the lag? I really hope it doesn't ruin my weekend...
WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »

from what i can tell, the lag has cleared up in the full version. 

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:14 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 24, 2008, 12:03:25 PM

Any in game messages about the lag? I really hope it doesn't ruin my weekend...

I had some problems joining servers that Hark could join without problem, and I disconnected a couple times when I was first getting going, but after those first hiccups it played really really smoothly for the rest of the night for me.

I'm just absolutely loving some of these new maps, and I haven't even seen them all yet.  At first impression, they seem to have a very good diversity; every one I tried played out very differently.  I think it's clear the reason they chose Oasis for the demo was because it seems to be the most middle ground map between balancing infantry, vehicles, and sea. 

Some maps recreate brutal building to building infantry warfare.  When you capture a base one such map, the next two crates are just a short ways down the road, but with the density of the houses it makes for an intense fight.

Other maps are very vehicle focused, at least on offense, where the attackers really need to think about taking advantage of the APCs and filling up boats to ensure nobody has to run a marathon to get to the fight.

One of the maps that I liked the most from my first night I think was called Harvest Day.  Really really cool map.  It starts off with the attackers traversing across a huge long rolling field to approach a small village the defenders are holed up in.  They have a long, exposed approach, but once the attackers get near they can find cover in a forested hill on one side or try to approach along a river bank on the other.  After that base the fight continues up a hill deeper into the village.  I think the main thing that grabs me about that map is how well it recreates the feeling of so many war movie scenes.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with the game after one night of multiplayer.  My first impression is that this is easily the best Battlefield game we've seen since 1942.  It kept me up past 1:00 in the morning--and to think this game wasn't even on my radar a month ago!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

Don't you get all "forum effect" on me, dagnabit!   icon_biggrin

reviews for the game so far are pretty good.  i don't really know a lot about it, though.  are there classes in the game? 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2008, 01:48:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 24, 2008, 01:35:33 PM

Don't you get all "forum effect" on me, dagnabit!   icon_biggrin

reviews for the game so far are pretty good.  i don't really know a lot about it, though.  are there classes in the game? 

The classes are: Assault, Recon (sniper), Demolitions, Support (medic/repair/MG), and Spec Ops.

I think the reviews are going to be kind of random on this one since they're reviewing single player and multiplayer together.  It sounds like they did a great job adding in a real solo campaign for the first time in a Battlefield game, and it seems like it'll be a fun ride especially with all the tongue-in-cheek humor, but in my mind the multiplayer aspect is still the core of the game.  And the multiplayer is fantastic.  The single player is just a bonus.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »

reviewing single player and multiplayer together.
I addressed this very thing in my review.  It's hard to know what the multi will really be like in the wild.

Check it out: http://gamingtrend.com/Reviews/review/review.php?ReviewID=1051

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »

Ron, I agree with a large part of your review, but definitely not with your crouching mention.  In COD4 (which you mention nails the controls) sprint is on the L3 which it is in BF:BC as well, yet you say it's not natural for crouch to not be on the L3.  For the record I prefer crouch on R3 instead of A which is where it is in COD4.  In some ways the controls of BF:BC are better than COD4, in others they are lacking.  I think the responsiveness of controls (partially courtesy of the guaranteed 60 fps) in COD4 is what puts it over the top and not really the layout.  Just imo obviously slywink

You'll have to jump into some games with us.  As usual in any game that requires teamwork, playing with random people can be an exercise in frustration though.

edit: I had missed the comment on the flight controls.  I've had no problems with flying in the game and have put several hours of flight time in.  It took me about 30 minutes total flight time to get comfortable, but after that it's pretty smooth.  Not quite as intuitive and GTA's heli controls, but very serviceable.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:42:52 PM by Harkonis » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2008, 02:46:06 PM »

I like that you give a blurb of BF history at the top.  Having been such a fan of the PC incarnations it's disconcerting to see so many console people who've never touched the series.

I think your section on the controls is a little unfair.  You praise CoD4's controls and then hit BF:BC for not having crouch on L3.  Both games have sprint on L3.  As far as the mapping for crouching and melee, I could've sworn there was a control option that put melee on R3 but I'm probably thinking of another game.

Not that I want to see this game rated any lower, but one knock I read from another forum's impressions is that you don't get achievements tied lower difficulties when completing the higher difficulties.  I couldn't care less about them, but it sounds like it'd be a real pain in the ass oversight for the people that do play the achievement game.

Another downside is the horrible system they currently have set up for meeting up with friends.  If there's four of you that want to play together, great.  You're all set.  But if you have a bigger group you pretty much just have to roll the dice if you're hoping to end up on the same team on a server.  Also, if you use the 'join a friend' XBL feature you can't choose to join up in the same squad unless you quit out of the map and rejoin a server together.  Ridiculously cumbersome, and I have to think that they'll end up patching in a better system.

As annoying as those downsides might be, in my case at least they've been almost completely drowned out by the huge amount of fun I've had in the demo and in my first night with the full version.  
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2008, 02:48:21 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 24, 2008, 02:40:24 PM

Ron, I agree with a large part of your review, but definitely not with your crouching mention.  In COD4 (which you mention nails the controls) sprint is on the L3 which it is in BF:BC as well, yet you say it's not natural for crouch to not be on the L3.

Yeah, my only beefs with the controls are
1) the sprint - I don't really care for it on L3 in COD either, but at least in that game you only need to click once. Battlefield allows for unlimited sprint, so you have to hold the stick down, but that's a really awkward move for me.
2) left trigger for acceleration on vehicles.  I know why they did this for tanks, but it's still counter to almost every other game.  I haven't tried the alternate controls - I may like them better.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »

I think your review helped to drop Bad Company from a potential forum effect must-have to an easy pass.  It at least saved me $60.  Games like this almost require you to play with familiar faces in order to facilitate teamwork, which looks to be an integral part of the game.  And I've never been much of a fan of the incorporation of vehicles in a shooter.  With no real sense of regularity in my day-to-day schedule I'll have little opportunity to participate in organized gaming sessions.  I've also learned how ineffective a casual player can be in a game like this, given the level of dedication others showcase in their obsession (ATB logging 27 hours in a demo?).  More often than not MP games seem to provide more frustration than enjoyment.  And I seem to have been focusing more on real-world pursuits and responsibilities and haven't made much time for gaming as of late.  

Online MP just doesn't seem to have the same draw it once had.  

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2008, 03:46:06 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 24, 2008, 02:46:06 PM

I like that you give a blurb of BF history at the top.  Having been such a fan of the PC incarnations it's disconcerting to see so many console people who've never touched the series.

I think your section on the controls is a little unfair.  You praise CoD4's controls and then hit BF:BC for not having crouch on L3.  Both games have sprint on L3.  As far as the mapping for crouching and melee, I could've sworn there was a control option that put melee on R3 but I'm probably thinking of another game.

Not that I want to see this game rated any lower, but one knock I read from another forum's impressions is that you don't get achievements tied lower difficulties when completing the higher difficulties.  I couldn't care less about them, but it sounds like it'd be a real pain in the ass oversight for the people that do play the achievement game.

Another downside is the horrible system they currently have set up for meeting up with friends.  If there's four of you that want to play together, great.  You're all set.  But if you have a bigger group you pretty much just have to roll the dice if you're hoping to end up on the same team on a server.  Also, if you use the 'join a friend' XBL feature you can't choose to join up in the same squad unless you quit out of the map and rejoin a server together.  Ridiculously cumbersome, and I have to think that they'll end up patching in a better system.

As annoying as those downsides might be, in my case at least they've been almost completely drowned out by the huge amount of fun I've had in the demo and in my first night with the full version.  

I'll add that even if you are trying to play with only 3 friends, you often don't end up on the same squad or even team. frown

regarding sprinting, I'm pretty sure that you don't have to keep holding sprint while running, I've been holding it the first few seconds then just keep sprinting until I stop moving.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 24, 2008, 03:46:06 PM

I'll add that even if you are trying to play with only 3 friends, you often don't end up on the same squad or even team. frown

I thought that was only when you first join the map.  Haven't we always all ended up together as soon as the round ends?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 24, 2008, 04:11:43 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 24, 2008, 03:46:06 PM

I thought that was only when you first join the map.  Haven't we always all ended up together as soon as the round ends?

sadly no.  It seems random at the end of rounds.  I once had a 4 member squad where 3 of us were on one team with Teggy on the other.  We stuck it out and at the start of the next round it was the three of them on the other team and me on my own.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2008, 05:02:12 PM »

Yeah, the whole squad communication/team lobby thing is what kills this for me. I don't understand why getting a team of people locked in and playing is so hard for developers to handle. Halo 3 did it with it's "couch" model and COD4 does it fine.. why is it so hard to get right?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:03:49 PM by Bob » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2008, 05:09:03 PM »

Quote from: Bob on June 24, 2008, 05:02:12 PM

Yeah, the whole squad communication/team lobby thing is what kills this for me. I don't understand why getting a team of people locked in and playing is so hard for developers to handle. Halo 3 did it with it's "couch" model and COD4 does it fine.. why is it so hard to get right?

I don't know about hte matchmaking issues, but I suspect that the reason you can't ocmmunicate across squads is because of bandwidth. It seems that there is far more oging on with BF:BC than ever happened in COD4 (vehicles, all those munitions to track, damage to talley etc) that perhaps being able to 12 people chatting to one another on both sides was too much.

As for controls, I spent days playing COD4 and it was a minor adjustment but now the controls in BF are easy.

As for helicopters- it takes a bit of time, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.  The apache is easy to fly. That other copter on Oasis I found very hard to fly and still do.

I cannot wait to play this this weekend.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 24, 2008, 05:09:03 PM

Quote from: Bob on June 24, 2008, 05:02:12 PM

I don't know about hte matchmaking issues, but I suspect that the reason you can't ocmmunicate across squads is because of bandwidth. It seems that there is far more oging on with BF:BC than ever happened in COD4 (vehicles, all those munitions to track, damage to talley etc) that perhaps being able to 12 people chatting to one another on both sides was too much.

As for controls, I spent days playing COD4 and it was a minor adjustment but now the controls in BF are easy.

As for helicopters- it takes a bit of time, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.  The apache is easy to fly. That other copter on Oasis I found very hard to fly and still do.

I cannot wait to play this this weekend.

XBOX Live voice communications don't use the same 'pipes' that the game uses.  Microsoft servers are hosting the voice chat, EA's the game data.  They could have done it.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »

well. i dunno then.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »

So who is in for MP tonight? I will do some single player first to get hang of what Iam doing since I did not get much demo time in.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45:14 PM »

It would have really been nice for them to include something along the lines of radio channels for squad leaders.  That way they can talk to their squad only and to the other leaders to coordinate as a whole team.  I really hope they patch the issues related to squads that are popping up but I am still going to go by Circuit City and pick it up this afternoon since they are offering a 10$ giftcard with purchase.

Also it seems there are a few glitches that can be done to get really high scores but I expect those people to eventually be caught and punished.
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »

play much of the demo.   
My Treo sucks with this. (messaging)

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2008, 06:51:45 PM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on June 24, 2008, 06:43:12 PM

So who is in for MP tonight? I will do some single player first to get hang of what Iam doing since I did not get much demo time in.

I'll be there as much of the night as I can, except for an hour break because I think I need to watch I Survived a Japanese Game Show.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 24, 2008, 06:51:45 PM

Quote from: JuniorDan on June 24, 2008, 06:43:12 PM

I'll be there as much of the night as I can, except for an hour break because I think I need to watch I Survived a Japanese Game Show.

Thanks for the reminder.  isn't it two shows?  Whiplash and I Survived a Japanese Game Show?  I miss Most Extreme Challenge or whatever it was called on Spike.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2008, 07:16:02 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 24, 2008, 07:11:30 PM

Thanks for the reminder.  isn't it two shows?  Whiplash and I Survived a Japanese Game Show?  I miss Most Extreme Challenge or whatever it was called on Spike.

Yeah, there's two.  The show you're thinking of is MXC/Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, or Takeshi's Castle in Japan.  Wipeout looks like a pretty close imitation of that, while I Survived a Japanese Game Show thrusts them into other kinds of shows.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2008, 12:46:49 AM »

OK, I got to play for a few hours this afternoon.  Impressions:

1. Support with MG36 is definitely my go-to kit for now. The scope on the MG is awesome, and I love getting points by healing people and being able to easily heal myself.  It also works well on attack and defend, as opposed to...

2. ...Demolitions.  Wow, I suck on attack with Demo, so I will be using it defend only for the time being.

3. It was great to play some new maps.  Oasis didn't even come up during the time I played.

4. I think leaving mid-game screws up your stats.  Based on the rounds I played, I know my SPM should be over 10, but it currently stands at 4.44.  My score is 685, yet my rank is Sergeant, which requires close to 2000 points to rank up to. So it looks like if you dump out of a game, they take away your points, but don't take away your minutes. I guess that is punishment for leaving the game, but if it's true, I wish I had known.  I was logging out of games to respond to game invites. Now I need to work my SPM back up, plus my rank is all messed up.

5. As predicted, I have already gotten the Darwin's parachute achievement by riding someone's laser-guided bomb down. Lame.

6. I think the voice comm was screwed up. I could hear other people, and they couldn't hear me, and at times I think it was gone entirely.  I have heard people on GAF complain about this, and it did happen once with the demo.

7. Apparently there is some really lame cheating going on. If this was happening in the demo, I can't believe they didn't patch it. The world leaderboards are apparently already worthless.

8. I experienced some bad tearing about 1/4 from the top of the screen playing the single player - anyone else see this?

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2008, 01:10:17 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 25, 2008, 12:46:49 AM

4. I think leaving mid-game screws up your stats.  Based on the rounds I played, I know my SPM should be over 10, but it currently stands at 4.44.  My score is 685, yet my rank is Sergeant, which requires close to 2000 points to rank up to. So it looks like if you dump out of a game, they take away your points, but don't take away your minutes. I guess that is punishment for leaving the game, but if it's true, I wish I had known.  I was logging out of games to respond to game invites. Now I need to work my SPM back up, plus my rank is all messed up.

I think stats are slow to update. It seemed to me that the website is faster to update than the in game stats. Did you check there?

Re: cheating. What kind?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2008, 01:39:32 AM »

Quote from: ATB on June 25, 2008, 01:10:17 AM

Quote from: Teggy on June 25, 2008, 12:46:49 AM

I think stats are slow to update. It seemed to me that the website is faster to update than the in game stats. Did you check there?

Re: cheating. What kind?

Well the website shows that I have 684 total score yet also shows that I am a Sergeant.  I could maybe believe the two are updated separately, but there are many other clues to support my theory.  For one, my SPM is 4.44, and I'm sure it was never that low, not even after my first round. Also, if I looked at the world rankings in-game, I would see the scaled down score, but after each round finished, I would see the larger score, showing me how much I needed to level up.

As far as the cheating goes, Hark described it as a bunch of people turning a vehicle over and then continuously repairing it.  Apparently they could get several thousand points per round.  Not sure if that is the only way to do it.

I did also notice that those little triangles started working in the full game.  It appears they denote a trend of some kind, because they can go up, down or to the right (signifying no change).  I'm not sure what trend they are showing, though.

nymanium
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »

Played an hour of multi tonight and some of the single player. Single player is fun. And somehow between playing the demo and playing the retail version, I seriously began to suck. Couldn't go more than 5 seconds without someone shooting me in the back, doesn't help that there seems to be far too many snipers running around not helping anything. I mean do we really need 4 snipers for attacking?
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »

Yeah- even in the demo half the team would snipe and most of them would suck at it.

What's the worst is when you die, then spawn on squad and the guy is out in the middle of nowhere with barely any sight lines yet he sits there the whole time doing nothing.

Playing with friends is gonna be where itzzat.
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »

I played mp last night for about an hour.  I just did a quick game, unranked.  I figured that'd be the weakest competition (since I suck).  But, now that I think about it, unranked means no unlocks, right?  Maybe I should have tried a ranked game.  I stuck with the assault pack, which seems OK.

I put in the pre-order code sniper rifle, but haven't tried it yet.  I heard that you can put in codes of other Battlefield games and get other unlocks.  Any truth to that?

Another question I had was about how to tell my teamates from enemies.  Sometimes I would aim my cross-hairs at someone and would see a blue or red name.  Other times, I wouldn't see any name (maybe I was too far away?)  I know red = enemy.  But does no name = enemy, too?  I guess another way to ask this is: do my teammates' names always appear on my screen?

Anyone else playing on the PS3?
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2008, 01:05:51 PM »

Quote from: Frogstar on June 25, 2008, 12:19:53 PM

Another question I had was about how to tell my teamates from enemies.  Sometimes I would aim my cross-hairs at someone and would see a blue or red name.  Other times, I wouldn't see any name (maybe I was too far away?)  I know red = enemy.  But does no name = enemy, too?  I guess another way to ask this is: do my teammates' names always appear on my screen?

If you aim at someone and see nothing, I think it is pretty safe to assume that it is an enemy. Even when you are far way, when you point at a friendly you should get a blue X in your crosshairs.  The ID system works sort of similar to GTA in that you get more info when you are closer to an enemy and have spotted them.  If they have been spotted by a teammate you will see them as a red dot floating on the screen, and when they get close and you get sight of the same enemy, you'll see their name above their head.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2008, 01:09:05 PM »

Oh, by the way, it appears they have changed the description for the "Darwin's Parachute" achievement.  It now reads "There is no parachute, right?"

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2008, 01:11:52 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 25, 2008, 10:34:24 AM

Yeah- even in the demo half the team would snipe and most of them would suck at it.

What's the worst is when you die, then spawn on squad and the guy is out in the middle of nowhere with barely any sight lines yet he sits there the whole time doing nothing.

Playing with friends is gonna be where itzzat.

Generally speaking, NEVER spawn on a sniper.  I rarely do and I rarely get stuck out in the boonies (or spawn on the missile they can call in, that has never happened to me).
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »

If you aim at someone and see nothing, I think it is pretty safe to assume that it is an enemy. Even when you are far way, when you point at a friendly you should get a blue X in your crosshairs.  The ID system works sort of similar to GTA in that you get more info when you are closer to an enemy and have spotted them.  If they have been spotted by a teammate you will see them as a red dot floating on the screen, and when they get close and you get sight of the same enemy, you'll see their name above their head.

Ahhhhh.  Thanks.  Very helpful.

When do I show up on my enemies radar?  Obviously, when I'm seen.  But how about when I'm firing my weapon and no one had spotted me?  Is it like COD4 where you are on radar whenever you fire (without a silencer)?

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »

So I am still trying to make heads or tails of the stats. When I logged off last night I had made level 6, which I believe requires 2400 points. However, when I looked on the in-game leaderboards, my points were slightly below 2000. When I look online now (which one would think is enough time to catch up), my points are 1025, but my rank is correct. If you divide by the time played (2hr 54min), you get an SPM of 5.89, but online it says my SPM is 15.835. Multiplied out, that comes to about 2,755 points, which I'm pretty sure I am short of in the game. It also says I have 96 kills, but if you add up my kills per kit, you get 94.

So basically, the stats are a little screwy right now, and I still am not sure if dropping out of a game has an effect on your stats.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: