http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 07:19:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else playing the BF:BC (Now not the demo)  (Read 19211 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on June 13, 2008, 01:16:44 PM

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 12, 2008, 11:31:24 PM

I take everything back that i said about reduced lag...just tried ranked and non-ranked and both were lagfests....jumped over to CoD4 for a round and it was smooth as all get out...

This is a classic case of 'who's the host...and why is he the host'....It's the one part of Live I'm not fond of, guessing who's hosting the game.

It's easy for BF:BC.  EA is the host.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »

Lag seems to vary greatly from time to time, sometimes it's pretty good, sometimes it's pretty bad...i'm hoping it's just cause the demo is still being worked on server wise due to large numbers of tards playing.

And yes, most of the games i've been in....both teams have full of retards.  I've been in lots of teams where i'm the only one even attempting to do close crate defense and defuse charges.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 13, 2008, 01:57:59 PM

Lag seems to vary greatly from time to time, sometimes it's pretty good, sometimes it's pretty bad...i'm hoping it's just cause the demo is still being worked on server wise due to large numbers of tards playing.

And yes, most of the games i've been in....both teams have full of retards.  I've been in lots of teams where i'm the only one even attempting to do close crate defense and defuse charges.

Oh yeah. Absolutely. I've sent out friend invites to the few people I've met in the demo (who I didn't already know) who actually play cooperatively. They're more precious than...gold! GUFFAW.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2008, 01:28:16 PM »

Gamestop.com says Now shipping on both the regular and gold editions of the 360 version.

Sadly my order says BACKORDERED though

Some people got shipment confirmation today, pretty odd.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »

Ugh, looks like mine says backordered as well.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »

Why would they be shipping now?
Owain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »

I think the demo has convinced me to pick this up when I get the chance.  I didn't much care for the single player part but the multiplayer is tons of fun for me.  I didn't expect it to be a military sim and it isn't but it has enough strategic elements and required teamwork to make it a blast if on a good squad.

My gamertag is Owain X if anyone wants to send a friend request and play some at nights.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

Exclusive Question and Answer with Battlefield Bad Company Producer Karl Magnus Troedsson
Q: What are your personal expectations for the reception for the game?

A: Im of course personally very proud of the game and so far weve been overwhelmed with the positive response to it. The demo was downloaded over a millions times in just 10 days on Xbox 360 alone, and the servers has at times been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of players who wants to join. Were working around the clock to solve the last glitches and hope to have it resolved very soon. Other than this the team and I are expectantly awaiting more official reviews of the game to see how the press rates us. After working so hard on a game for so long its always a case of show nerves just before release.

This game might be colossal. I hope it doesn't bring Live to its knees upon release. EA better be getting more servers ready.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2008, 12:02:10 AM »

Quote from: ATB on June 13, 2008, 03:40:13 PM

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 13, 2008, 01:57:59 PM

Oh yeah. Absolutely. I've sent out friend invites to the few people I've met in the demo (who I didn't already know) who actually play cooperatively. They're more precious than...gold! GUFFAW.

This is precisely why I can't bring myself to buy this game.  I like it, I just don't like the people playing it.  It's disappointing.

gellar
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2008, 12:29:10 AM »

Quote from: gellar on June 20, 2008, 12:02:10 AM

I like it, I just don't like the people playing it.  It's disappointing.

This is secret code for "I hate ATB."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2008, 12:47:50 AM »

I have found there to be a surprising amount of team killers in the demo. Particularly guys who want to use the artillery and shoot the guy in the seat, but others that are also just being jerks.  Not sure if there is a kick function, but at least there are the Live controls so you can avoid playing with that person again.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2008, 02:09:21 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 20, 2008, 12:47:50 AM

I have found there to be a surprising amount of team killers in the demo. Particularly guys who want to use the artillery and shoot the guy in the seat, but others that are also just being jerks.  Not sure if there is a kick function, but at least there are the Live controls so you can avoid playing with that person again.

I said I was sorry!  crybaby
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2008, 04:26:35 AM »

Glitchiest I've seen it tonight.

Audio bugs. Lots of em.  Laggy too.

And at one point I dropped a JDAM and my screen went muddy and it stayed that way when I was back to FPS view.

Not a good sign!
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2008, 04:41:52 AM »

Yeah lag was pretty horrible in that last game.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »

Mine has shipped.

Regarding team killers, hopefully with the full retail stats tracking this will be kept to a minimum and servers will have a way to prevent it.  If it becomes a bigger problem I hope EA does something.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2008, 02:49:51 PM »

Shipped huh?  Maybe it'll be in stores monday then.

At a bare minimum I would hope that they implement an auto-kick after 3-5 tks.  Hard to do with less considering people's tendency to jump in front of tanks and such.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »

So I did my three PS3 unlocks: the two shotguns and the XM8 assault rifle.  Of the two shotguns I think I actually really like the SPAS12.  The NS2000 is a beast when you fire it, but it has a loong recovery time between shots.  It doesn't seem to have much extra range at all despite the stat bar, so in the end it just makes for an extra dead one shot kill compared to the other shotguns.  If I'm not taken by the Find All Five or Gold shotguns I think the SPAS12 might be one of my first unlocks.  It seems just a bit more nimble than the default ones.

My impressions on the other unlocks, bought or stolen:

Assault
M16 - Haven't tried
XM8 - Only tried briefly.  Seems to reload the grenade a bit faster than the defaults, but other than that not that huge a change.  I admittedly haven't played as Assault much at all yet, though.

Support
XM8 LMG - Haven't tried
MG36 - Seems quite excellent.  Besides the overall good feel and power it has a red dot scope which seems like it could make a big difference.

Spec Ops
UMP - Haven't tried
PP2000 - Haven't tried

Sniper
SVU - Very very nice.  Fires really quickly and still has good damage.  Let's you confidently shoot at running targets
M95 - I agree with Hark.  It seems like it makes a bigger boom but if you still need two shots for a non-headshot kill then what's the point?

Demo
SPAS12 - Similar to the default pumps but feels a bit quicker at first impression.  Feels good.
NS2000 - Seems powerful but it has a long reload animation and a very long recoil animation between shots.

As for the gadgets, they're all must-have.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2008, 06:52:12 PM »

Complete Noob question here.  Ok, I just tried out the 360 SP demo.  Not bad, but when I clicked on multiplayer, it says I have to register for EA account.  When I played COD4 on Live, no such thing was necessary.  So, what's all this then (the EA account thingy)?

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2008, 07:26:10 PM »

Quote from: Big Jake on June 22, 2008, 06:52:12 PM

Complete Noob question here.  Ok, I just tried out the 360 SP demo.  Not bad, but when I clicked on multiplayer, it says I have to register for EA account.  When I played COD4 on Live, no such thing was necessary.  So, what's all this then (the EA account thingy)?

I have no recollection of that at all when I tried it.  I don't think you need an EA account to play the demo, but it's probably so that you can track your stats maybe? I dunno.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 22, 2008, 07:26:10 PM

Quote from: Big Jake on June 22, 2008, 06:52:12 PM

I have no recollection of that at all when I tried it.  I don't think you need an EA account to play the demo, but it's probably so that you can track your stats maybe? I dunno.

You need an EA account to play any EA game on live, if you've ever played any of them, at some point you filled out the account and it remembers you.  Basically it involves you saying it's ok for EA to have access to all the info about you that MS has. frown
nymanium
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2008, 10:27:24 PM »

Demo has persuaded me to buy it, multiplayer was lots of fun, need to get to max rank  so I can get that extra weapon unlock. Been needing a new online shooter for the PS3, CoD4 was getting a little old.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2008, 12:05:24 AM »

Quote from: nymanium on June 22, 2008, 10:27:24 PM

Demo has persuaded me to buy it, multiplayer was lots of fun, need to get to max rank  so I can get that extra weapon unlock. Been needing a new online shooter for the PS3, CoD4 was getting a little old.

Get it for the 360 if you can! That's where most of us will be...
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:45 AM »

Harkonis, that's pretty much what I thought.  I think I may pass on this game.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2008, 11:45:23 AM »

Quote from: Big Jake on June 23, 2008, 03:58:45 AM

Harkonis, that's pretty much what I thought.  I think I may pass on this game.

If that's your sole reason, I have to say I find it rather silly. The game is excellent.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2008, 02:57:41 PM »

I'm mainly interested in just the multiplayer in BF:BC, but after seeing the "Bad World" trailer I think I may have to give the single player campaign a try after all.  It's like Gears of War's Mad World trailer, but...better.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »

The unlocks seem a bit screwed up.  I put in my sniper rifle code and it unlocked the m60, I put in the code from the newsletter and it unlocked the m60.  Not sure what's going on but I want my free sniper rifle slywink
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »

Now that I sufficiently strung ATB along, I can reveal that I did, in fact, reinstate my preorder for this. The single player looks fun, so I figured I would take a chance that the multiplayer becomes more consistently fun for me.  I can always Goozex it if not. Plus I will have a whole 5 days of having a better score than ATB to enjoy - 4 days during which he won't have access to his XBOX and 1 day for him to catch up.

I'm surprised that people have copies already - you'd think EA would care about online retailers breaking street date the same as b&m.

For Hark and anyone that has the game already:

1. There is an achievement for using a parachute - I thought there were not parachutes in the game?
2. How does the picture taking utility work?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 23, 2008, 04:33:36 PM

1. There is an achievement for using a parachute - I thought there were not parachutes in the game?

They're not in the multiplayer, but as a guess perhaps there's a part in the SP storyline involving a parachute.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 23, 2008, 04:35:20 PM

They're not in the multiplayer, but as a guess perhaps there's a part in the SP storyline involving a parachute.

The achievement says "(Online) Glide in the parachute for 3 seconds". 

A bit of a bummer - they finally revealed what you need to do to get free weapon #4 - you have to have played a previous Battlefield game, which I have not. It is an assault rifle, which is not too big of a deal, as I expect to spend most of my time as Support and Demolitions. The developers have also hinted that they will likely free up all the find-all-five weapons somewhere down the line.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2008, 04:49:09 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 23, 2008, 04:42:59 PM

A bit of a bummer - they finally revealed what you need to do to get free weapon #4 - you have to have played a previous Battlefield game, which I have not.

Wha?  How are they checking that?  I've played plenty of 1942, V, and 2, but how in the world would I prove it to Bad Company?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »

A bit of a bummer - they finally revealed what you need to do to get free weapon #4 - you have to have played a previous Battlefield game, which I have not. It is an assault rifle, which is not too big of a deal, as I expect to spend most of my time as Support and Demolitions. The developers have also hinted that they will likely free up all the find-all-five weapons somewhere down the line.

I believe it's called Darwin's Parachute because there is no parachute.  They want you to freefall to your death from high enough for 3 seconds of hang time.

Oh, and there is no street date for this title so nobody broke anything (combined with the fact that the release date is the 23rd anyway)
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 23, 2008, 04:49:09 PM

A bit of a bummer - they finally revealed what you need to do to get free weapon #4 - you have to have played a previous Battlefield game, which I have not.

Wha?  How are they checking that?  I've played plenty of 1942, V, and 2, but how in the world would I prove it to Bad Company?

It looks at your EA tag, what sucks for me is all of my '42, V and 2 was on a different tag because when I got my 360 it wouldn't link so I made another one.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2008, 04:53:34 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 23, 2008, 04:49:09 PM

You can also use CD keys.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2008, 04:49:46 PM

I believe it's called Darwin's Parachute because there is no parachute.  They want you to freefall to your death from high enough for 3 seconds of hang time.

Oh, and there is no street date for this title so nobody broke anything (combined with the fact that the release date is the 23rd anyway)

Smartasses - I wonder if the laser designator bug still exists in the retail copy.  You, know, the one were you can spawn on someone's bomb as it's falling from the sky?  Could get that achievement no problem smile

My bad on the release date -  I thought it was tomorrow.  Does that mean Gamestop should have it today?  I haven't gotten a call.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2008, 05:57:33 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 23, 2008, 05:00:44 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2008, 04:49:46 PM

Smartasses - I wonder if the laser designator bug still exists in the retail copy.  You, know, the one were you can spawn on someone's bomb as it's falling from the sky?  Could get that achievement no problem smile

My bad on the release date -  I thought it was tomorrow.  Does that mean Gamestop should have it today?  I haven't gotten a call.

chances are good that most of them won't have it until tomorrow, but I'd call around.  Usually they can get it in today if the manager goes and picks up the shipment.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2008, 05:57:33 PM

chances are good that most of them won't have it until tomorrow, but I'd call around.  Usually they can get it in today if the manager goes and picks up the shipment.

Well I preordered and I don't need it today, just wondering if it would show up today instead of tomorrow.  I don't preorder very often - I think the last time I preordered from this store was for MVP 2005 (yes, that long ago) and I think they surprised me by calling late in the work day the day before I expected to get it.  Maybe that will happen again, maybe not.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2008, 06:15:31 PM »

I'd suggest to anyone that you start off playing multiplayer then when the inevitable server lag comes in, take some time off to do single player while they figure out how to smooth it out slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »

And so it begins... I thought it would wait until tomorrow frown

Starting to get booted in the middle of games pretty close to every round now.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2008, 07:04:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2008, 06:53:51 PM

Wow. And they have a promotional weekend coming up.  That should be fantastic.

Wait, are you sure it's not because you are a dirty team-killing cheater? slywink

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 23, 2008, 06:53:51 PM

Is it better on unranked servers? 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: