http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 08:01:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else on Nintendo DS overload?  (Read 2775 times)
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2005, 07:20:25 PM »

I am.  How so?  Let's see . . .

Just received my copy of Ossu!  Tatake!  Ouendan!, so I'm playing through my very own copy of that again.  Will be able to play some multiplayer with TML so we might write up some impressions on how that goes possibly.

And then I just got Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time which, so far, is AWESOME!   Fantastic game!

And then I'm still playing Mario Kart DS and playing online as well as trying to get stars in all of the Grand Prix cups.

And then I booted up Nintendogs and finally bathed and fed my doggies Lady and Zeus and want to start playing that again.

And then thankfully I beat Castlevania several weeks ago but I still want to play through the Julius Mode.

And then good thing my copy of Meteos was left in Canada or I would be playing that.

And then I still want to play more of Super Mario 64.

And then Animal Crossing next week?!  And I still want Phoenix Wright and Sonic Rush?

Help us poor DS owners   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 08:19:25 PM »

I just bought the DS Mario Kart/Madden 05/World Championship Poker bundle last night at Fry's and couldn't be happier! After playing some poker, I popped in Mario Kart and hopped online. I couldn't believe I was playing random people around the world. Very cool.

I wasn't even thinking about buying the DS until a few days ago when I saw a review of DS Tony Hawk. Wha?? The camera's behind the player, like normal? I didn't know it was that much more powerful than the GBA. After checking out more stuff online, I was sold. Also, helps to be a fan of Animal Crossing. Definitely getting that.  

I foresee many hours glued to this thing. Overload indeed.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 08:47:17 PM »

I'm stuck at a little over 50% on Castlevania, so I picked up M & L:PiT to give me a little break from the castle.  Animal Crossing is in a few days which will bring me to DS overload.  Not such a bad thing!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 08:48:07 PM »

Don't forget Metroid Pinball as well!   Yeah, the DS is slowly monopolozing my gaming time....

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 08:53:34 PM »

I was until I got the 360.  Now I cant afford M&L2!  I still play quite a bit of Mario Kart and Tony Hawk, but I really need to get the wifi adapter.  Especially when Animal Crossing comes out.  The DS line-up this holiday season has been nothing short of amazing.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 08:55:03 PM »

I freaked out a little because my DS' speakers wouldn't produce any sound...but this morning, it worked.  My DS was quite wet because I took it to class and it was in my "manpurse" (depward and gatorfavre make fun of me all the time frown).  But +1 for it's design - I treat that sucker pretty rough and it works brilliantly.  The PSP probably would have shattered by now.

Couldn't be happier with my DS biggrin biggrin  ANIMAL CROSSING, thank you gaming gods.

TheMissingLink on PSN
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 11:04:17 PM »

Many will laugh, but no console platform has monopolized my time as much as my DS.  However, I still ned to get a PS2 and pick up all the RPGs I have missed over the years.  I still think the DS will win out, though, because I don't have to have a TV to play it.  I just pick it up wherever and whenever I want and enjoy some quick gaming goodness.  Just think, the platform is excellent after just a year.  Imagine how much better the games will get over time.  My PSP is getting lonely.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 11:19:36 PM »

It's funny. I thought for sure I'd get a PSP before a DS. I actually thought Nintendo was stupid, seemingly rushing something new out to compete with the PSP. Two screens? Just a gimmick.

Boy was I wrong. smile
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 11:36:16 PM »

Speaking of Animal Crossing is it going to be rare? I went to reserve it today and the guy said Nintendo is only shipping a limited amount of them. Could just be guys talking, but I went ahead and reserved 2 copies of the game. (incase one copy falls through)

So any idea if it'll be rare or not?

Ascendent
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 12:15:34 AM »

Underload.

Cheerleaders...Pinball...nothing...

What should I try next another Mario Kart or another Mario and Luigi next?

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 12:47:27 AM »

devil I think you should just stop playing it, maybe sell it or trade it to someone who wants one. Doesn't look like it will ever satisfy you so no point in kicking a dead horse.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 01:14:37 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
And then Animal Crossing next week?!  And I still want Phoenix Wright and Sonic Rush?

Help us poor DS owners   biggrin

What, no Trauma Center?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 01:55:53 AM »

i've scratched the surface of quendan, am a ways into castlevania, haven't gotten back to trauma center for a while now, & will be ordering animal crossing when i finish this post...

ordinarily, overload kinda bothers me, but the ds has turned out to be such a surprisingly great treat - it's the excellent variety of games available that impresses me most...

Quote from: "devil"
Underload.

Cheerleaders...Pinball...nothing...

What should I try next another Mario Kart or another Mario and Luigi next?

phoenix wright...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 02:04:50 AM »

Phoenix Wright? Hmmmm...

Maybe I'll beat up the horse a little more.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 02:36:49 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"
Phoenix Wright? Hmmmm...

Maybe I'll beat up the horse a little more.

Do us all a favor and don't. smile

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 02:38:16 AM »

I'll keep trying. Thanks!

I know the "Nintendo/GT 100% Satifaction Rate" is in jeopardy so I'll do my best to love it!

:wink:

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 02:44:10 AM »

You're right, Devil, picking up the newest title in a refreshing, innovative, critically-acclaimed series such as Mario Kart or Mario & Luigi really feels like a rip-off.  I mean, my GOD, it's just like they put in a new roster and add a few more animations.

Just go grab another PSX -> PSP port; those seem to make you happy.

:wink:

TheMissingLink on PSN
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 02:59:20 AM »

You're right, Devil, picking up the newest title in a refreshing, innovative, critically-acclaimed series such as Mario Kart or Mario & Luigi really feels like a rip-off. I mean, my GOD, it's just like they put in a new roster and add a few more animations.

Just go grab another PSX -> PSP port; those seem to make you happy.

I think you're kidding...

I'm sure the DS version of Mario Kart takes everyting to a new level. No port there! Mario 64 is all new! Castlevania, WOW! We've never seen that before! etc... :wink:  

PSP gets hammered for the same things the DS gets praised for.

Come on now, these titles were new and innovative back when they were released the first time, just like all the PSP games.

I like the Cheerleaders and the wife likes Trauma Center - Those are new games that couldn't have been done on the GBA.

Phoenix Wright does seem interesting.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 03:05:11 AM »

I might buy it from you Devil...

:oops:
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 03:40:02 AM »

PSP gets hammered for the same things the DS gets praised for.

The difference is that the ports are actually fun on the DS. :twisted:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 03:45:34 AM »

I love you guys! biggrin

warning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 04:04:27 AM »

Phoenix Wright does seem interesting.

Devil, do you like old-fashioned point and click adventure games?  That's what Phoenix Wright basicallly is.  It's extremely story and dialogue heavy, very funny and has absolutely zero action sequences.  It's also hilarious and incredibly fun.  But if old-time adventure games aren't/weren't your thing then I'd say skip it.

I did get a PSP this week and am loving it so far.  I traded in Infected (bleh) and Lord of the Rings Tactics (more bleh) for Burnout Legends and I've been playing that and X-Men Legends II and having a blast.  I want Hot Shots Golf also.

But truthfully I'll use it more for movies and emulation than for PSP games.  It sure is a sharp little system though.

See Devil?  I'm polygamous!
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 10:51:05 PM »

Yeah I can't believe there is tons of good games out for the DS now.  I mean really good games.  Mario kart is taking up all my time currently.  I love the online play.  I wasn't going to pick up Mario & Luigi DS, but everyone seems to love it.  I hope Animal Crossing will be in my hands by Tuesday lunch.  With Animal Crossing being on-line, it might be THE game of the holiday season.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005, 03:02:37 AM »

You guys are really tempting me to take advantage of the Target $99.99 deal.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 05:12:22 AM »

hell I just went back these past two days and played about 6 missions in Advance Wars DS and remembered how awesome that game is. Too much good DS software. The wife and I have burned through some DS games. Hell we're probably getting TWO compies of AC

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 06:21:32 AM »

We ( the wife and I LOVE the DS), infact...we are are getting a second one (hers). I preordered Animal crossing just a day or two ago. I was gonna wait till the week after to pick it up, but...i couldn`t! Literally. I found a way to find the money! :wink:  

Metroid pinball, warioware twisted, metoes, Mario kart, nintendogs. I own them all, and they all rock!

In fact, I got rid of my PSP. It NEVER was getting played. And with all the upcoming releases on the DS, I have not and I`m assuming will not miss the psp much if at all.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 01:24:20 PM »

Devil favors the PSP because it's the only handheld he can play sports on (baseball, football, hockey, and basketball - hockey being the biggest draw).  So, I can understand that.  With that being said, I'm a huge fan of the DS.  You have to have the ability to let your imagination go and enjoy the worlds that Nintendo creates for you.  That's why I think some people don't get Animal Crossing.  I just picked up FIFA 2006 for the DS and I'm loving it (and I know absolutely zero about soccer), but have always enjoyed playing videogame soccer.

I got my son a PSP awhile back and to be honest it just seems like I'm holding a miniature verison of the PS2 in my hands.  It's fun, but I don't think I'll ever be getting one.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 02:14:38 PM »

I've been putting off my DS binge until I take my trip at the end of the December.  I'll be on a 5-6 hour flight, and will be cooped up with my parents all week, so I'm going to pick up a boatload of games right before I go to keep myself enteretained.  I'm thinking I'll get:

-  Trauma Center
-  Metroid Pinball
-  Animal Crossing
-  MarioKart (maybe)

That should be enough to keep me busy for a week.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 02:44:52 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
-  MarioKart (maybe)

From a gamer to another gamer, get Mario Kart DS.  That game is awesome.  You can happily play it for a 5 minute session or a couple of hours.  Get Bones unlocked!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »

Quote from: "Torfish"
-  MarioKart (maybe)

From a gamer to another gamer, get Mario Kart DS.  That game is awesome.  You can happily play it for a 5 minute session or a couple of hours.  Get Bones unlocked!

I've been hesitant on it because I haven't really enjoyed the previous Mario Kart games.  They're fun for a few minutes, but quickly get pretty boring to me.  I'll see how much $$ I have left after X-Mas.  Also, I saw an ad last night for Burnout on the DS.  That certainly intrigues me, as that is by far my favorite racing series.

warning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 04:10:18 PM »

I haven't really liked any of the Mario Kart games until I played the DS version.  It's really very sweet.

Burnout for the DS has gotten horrible reviews.  I'd stay away if I were you.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 04:20:32 PM »

I haven't really liked any of the Mario Kart games until I played the DS version. It's really very sweet.

That's encouraging.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 04:29:27 PM »

STAY AWAY FROM THE DS VERSION OF BURNOUT.

Watch some of the videos of it and you'll laugh that they're even releasing it.  It's horrible.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 05:02:09 PM »

That's too bad about Burnout.  Maybe I will end up getting Mario Kart.

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 05:08:40 PM »

Anyone have the skinny on the DS Prince of Persia game? I understand it's a card battle game? I wonder if it'll be any good.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 08:02:30 PM »

Also, I saw an ad last night for Burnout on the DS.  That certainly intrigues me, as that is by far my favorite racing series.

Nooo no no no!  Don't touch that DS version with a 10-foot pole!  Supposed to be horrific.  And if you watch any of the gameplay vids, it looks bug riddled and not fun.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: