http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 07:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else noticing the lessening of fanboy bitch fights?  (Read 3902 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 04:18:01 PM »

Quote from: "Canuck"
Quote from: "DiscoJason"
The DS is a great system-if you're an 11 year old kid.

This is the exact spot where I stopped reading your post.

Too bad.  You missed some amazing critical analysis  :roll:

Somehow, I doubt it.  :roll:  :roll:

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 05:10:53 PM »

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2006, 07:55:47 PM »

Fighting..............Tekken, Street Fighter A3 >>> DS (no entry?)
Puzzle................PSP Lumines = DS Tetris   ?
Sports................PSP (too many to list) > DS Tony Hawk, Madden
Action.................DS Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe, Castlevania > PSP GTA
Adventure...........????
RPG....................PSP Valkyrie Profile ? = DS M&L Partners in Time
Platformer...........DS Super Mario, SM64, Princess Peach > PSP Daxter
Racing.................PSP Ridge Racer, Burnout, NFS > DS Mario Kart
Shooter...............PSP Syphon Filter, SOCOM > DS Metroid Prime
Simulation...........PSP The Sims 2, Football Manager > DS The Sims 2
Strategy..............DS Advance Wars 2, AOM > PSP Worms, Field Commander
Strategy RPG.......PSP Generation of Chaos, Jeane D'Arc upcoming > (no entry from DS)
Wrestling.............PSP  WWE Smackdown > (no entry from DS)
Miscelaneous.......DS Pokemon, Wild World, Nintendogs >>> PSP ??

Ok there's my list of top games from each genre.  Have at me you dogs!

Fixed a few of these for you:

Puzzle................DS Meteos, Tetris > PSP Lumines

RPG....................DS M&L Partners in Time, the entire GBA RPG library , FF3, Xenosaga, & Baten Kaitos (upcoming)> PSP Valkyrie Profile

Strategy..............DS Advance Wars 2, AOM, Age of Empires > PSP Worms, Field Commander

Strategy RPG.......PSP Generation of Chaos, Jeane D'Arc upcoming > Disciples II (upcoming), HOMM3 (rumored)

I have owned both systems, and actually ended up selling them both because they were gathering dust.  I think as soon as we get a few more RPG & SRPG's for the DS, I'll break down and buy a DS Lite again.

I was tempted to pick up a PSP again for VP, but I know there's nothing else I would end up playing on it.  Especially since nearly every PSP RPG gets absoutely horrid reviews.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2006, 11:40:30 PM »

Granted I will give you the puzzle category.  For strategy I made a mistake-AOM actually is Age of Empires- Age of Mpires get it? smile  Little brain fart there. But adding the entire RPG library of the GBA is a little bit much.  We're comparing the DS and the PSP here.  For strategy RPG I'll grant you the upcoming game because I did it myself, but a rumored game?  That's pushing it! smile
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2006, 11:42:37 PM »

The DS is a great system-if you're an 11 year old kid.

This is the exact spot where I stopped reading your post.

Too bad.  You missed some amazing critical analysis  :roll:

Somehow, I doubt it.  :roll:  :roll:

Oh well.  Next time I'll give an overview of facetious comments.  Please read over it carefully because both of mine have gone completely over your head.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2006, 01:08:57 AM »

Tebunker, weren't you a staunch Nintendo man back in the GG days? Am I misremembering you in the midst of those fanboy arguments?

Canuck, don't you live in Japan? I'd love to hear some local fanboy stories, considering the DS is clearly the winner there.

I personally play my DSL a lot more than my PSP, but I'm glad to have both. Right now, I mostly play movies on my PSP. I continue to buy new games for it, I'm just wary of upgrading my firmware.

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2006, 04:04:28 AM »

But adding the entire RPG library of the GBA is a little bit much.  

Isn't VP just a straight port of the PS1 version?  How's that different than addiing GBA games?

but a rumored game?  That's pushing it! smile

Heh, I thought of that when I posted it.  Since the genre is so limited on both systems, rumors & speculation are really all we can go with at this point.  Besides, this is HOM-freaking-M III  we're talking about.   Tongue

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2006, 04:29:01 AM »

Quote from: "adamsappel"
I continue to buy new games for it, I'm just wary of upgrading my firmware.

If you bought your PSP back somewhat near when it first came out (basically before GTA arrived) and haven't upgraded it past 2.6, you can downgrade your console back to 1.5 and emulate all the PSP versions up to 2.71. Yes, you can even play fully legal (store bought/rented) games this way.

My PSP has a new dose in life thanks to this find. Before, I didn't buy/rent anything simply because I didn't want to chance moving the console past 1.5.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2006, 06:00:12 PM »

I've been away for a few day - Nice to see the DS v. PSP talk is still going!

Can't get enough!   biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2006, 05:20:47 AM »

Just stoking the fire albeit it a little late

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqOdUrouRhY
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2006, 05:23:03 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on July 27, 2006, 02:36:45 AM

I was just thinking back to this time in 2001, and the amount of Fanboy bitch fighting between PS2, GCN and Xbox fanboys, and from going over the gaming websites I visit, the fighting is down. Just makes me wonder if people are more mature or if there's just more agreement between parties... Anyone else notice this?

Fanboys are assholes.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
stuntgibbon
Game Dev
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2006, 06:24:51 AM »

I dunno, it's still pretty easy to find them.. Maybe we're better at ignoring it?   Also i don't even think Sony apologists love $599. 

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2006, 06:51:31 AM »

Quote from: stuntgibbon on August 28, 2006, 06:24:51 AM

I dunno, it's still pretty easy to find them.. Maybe we're better at ignoring it?   Also i don't even think Sony apologists love $599. 

Just remember....hit the weak point (Final Fantasy) for maximum damage! (to your wallet)

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2006, 01:11:31 PM »

Who could love $599? It's unheard of in console history.
I'm looking forward to the PS3 and think it's capable of some amazing stuff, but Sony has a habit of over-pricing their stuff (look at the "Mylo" and it's $350 launch price) and IMO if the launch PS3's completely sell out (as I'm sure they will) that's only sending a message to console makers that it's OKAY to launch at over half a grand and get away with it, because cosumers are willing to pay for it.
If we ignore the PS3 and let them sit on store shelves until they bring down the price to something more affordable for us "Everyday people" and then buy them, it'll send a clear message to Sony that it's unacceptable to charge $599 for a console. (You can get a decent AMD computer for that price basically - WITH a monitor!)

I'm definitely getting one though.. just not until they drop the price.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »

When you're only making like 81 units, of course the PS3 is going to sell out.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2006, 10:43:42 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 28, 2006, 01:11:31 PM

I'm definitely getting one though.. just not until they drop the price.

Wait for the PSthree!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2006, 10:53:43 PM »

Who could love $599? It's unheard of in console history.

No, it's been done before (most of you can name the two systems that were over $600 at launch, and I'm not talking 'in 2006 dollars').  Please, when pointing out the sheer assload of flaws the PS3 *DOES* have please dont interject ones that are imaginary.  icon_neutral

I just hope to god a price drop occurs by the time a SMT or Atlus srpg game comes out for it...

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 08:17:14 AM »

Enlighten me then, Big Jake.
Since I've been gaming I don't ever recall a console coming out at more than $599.
Well I take that back, the NEO GEO might be one of them, but does that really count as a home console? The games were like $200 each.. (I know because I had one) and they were barely any better than a simple Sega Genesis game..

Also the only problem I see with the PS3 is it's price, that's it. I don't mind it having Blu-Ray, a web browser, or it's full backwards compatiblity.
All that stuff is great, but I don't think (especially blu-ray) we as the consumers should be having to pay for all of that.

Again I'm looking forward to the PS3, but even if I had all of Bill Gate's money I still woudn't buy a PS3 at $599 simply because that only encourages companies to release their consoles at such redicilously high prices. And to think.. people were saying Microsoft pushed the limit with their $399 launch.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »

The 3DO started out at $700. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »

Well I'll be damned!
I never had a 3DO but if that's true, it's worth pointing out that the 3DO failed, just as the NEO GEO did.

And come to think of it the PS3's $599 price isn't a "flaw" but rather a bad marketing strategy. It's gonna be a great system IMO, but Sony has effectively removed the every day average joe from their customer base with such a high price tag.

HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 01:21:46 PM »

Regretably, Sony will sell their entire allotment of 400,000 units on the first day which will only cause them to think the price was OK.

People ARE willing to pay a premium for something really cool or a must have item. Apple has proven that with the iPod. But the element Sony seems to be missing at this point is the killer application that drives sales. I have no doubt it will be there at some point, I just don't see it in any of the launch titles.

I read at Gametab that sales of UMD movies have increased by a factor of 10 since they lowered the price of UMD movies to 8.50 UMD Movies were a GREAT idea that was overpriced. Which does prove that people aren't willing to pay for everything.

IF the PS3 isn't far and away better than the 400$ 360, especially since, the 360 WILL be in stores this holiday season.

I'm for the first time EVER, sitting out on a console launch. I would pay the 600$ if I could FIND ONE but I'm not going to struggle. I will struggle to get a Wii tho' as who doesn't want to play the new Mario/Zelda for 200$ CHRIST, do the math that 8 Wii games and a console for the price of a PS3 or a 360 and 4 games for a PS3...

A little much.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on August 29, 2006, 08:17:14 AM

The games were like $200 each..

eek

I remember it being a very expensive console but I only have the faintest inkling that the games were that much.  How on earth did they justify that and how on earth did you justify getting one?  GAH!?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 06:50:46 PM »

and HOW does this relate to the topic listed on this thread?  saywhat

... I'z just sayin', yno... cuz we're so far off track that I'd need a compass and a star map to find our way back.

Oh, and I'm all for bitch-fights. Even Fanboys. (Although I have to admit I'd rather see a fan-GIRL bitch-fight).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: