http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 11:43:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else noticing the lessening of fanboy bitch fights?  (Read 3818 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2006, 02:36:45 AM »

I was just thinking back to this time in 2001, and the amount of Fanboy bitch fighting between PS2, GCN and Xbox fanboys, and from going over the gaming websites I visit, the fighting is down. Just makes me wonder if people are more mature or if there's just more agreement between parties... Anyone else notice this?

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:43:28 AM »

Current gen consoles are nearing their end of life... the fight will begin a new when all 3 new consoles are out.

Guaranteed.

gellar
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 03:00:02 AM »

I think gellar's right: I see a lot of X-Box 360 vs. PS3 bickering already, and I'd expect it to get a lot more heated once the latter system is finally released.  Interestingly enough, the Wii seems exempt from the fighting so far.  I think the combination of a low launch price and genuinely innovative gameplay features are causing even skeptics to take a mute "wait and see" attitude.

-Autistic Angel
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 03:22:00 AM »

PSP lost to DS. PS3 is looking real bad compare to XBOX 360. So fanboys of those two products are now in hiding.smile
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 03:26:43 AM »

Nah, I think it's just the general slowdown we see in the entire industry in the summer- not a whole lot of news, not a whole lot of significant titles being released, etc- discussion on games in general is really subdued right now.  If things aren't back to fullscale bitchfests by the end of November I'll be stunned.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 12:10:06 PM »

Just head on over to GAF.  You can get your fill of fanboys over there.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 12:21:03 PM »

Quote from: "Victoria Raverna"
PSP lost to DS. PS3 is looking real bad compare to XBOX 360. So fanboys of those two products are now in hiding.smile

I was gonna say that Nintendo is so clearly the winnar of everything, everyone else has submitted.

Nintendo is the hobbits at the end of Return of the King. Everyone is bowing down before them in reverence...even those once divided by all the conflict.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:45:25 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"

I was gonna say that Nintendo is so clearly the winnar of everything, everyone else has submitted.

Nintendo is the hobbits at the end of Return of the King. Everyone is bowing down before them in reverence...even those once divided by all the conflict.

In the book Sarumon enslaves the Hobbit race. The movie glazed over that.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 02:02:46 PM »

I still don't understand fanboysim of any type when it comes to consoles.  Give me a game I need to play, I'm happy.  I'd rather do something constructive than say 'Console (whatever) blows, the one I use owns!'.  But, granted, I'm not 13 years old either.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 02:04:56 PM »

Still not convinced the PSP is losing against the DS.  PSP games are starting to come into their own

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 02:21:01 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"

Still not convinced the PSP is losing against the DS.  PSP games are starting to come into their own

Sorry, Soulchilde.  I own both systems and while each has their strengths, DS is currently winning and with the release schedule I see for the rest of the year, the DS will have way more quality titles than the PSP.  I do agree that PSP is finally getting some more quality games, but the DS just smacks its ass with what they have coming down the pipe.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 02:26:06 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"

In the book Sarumon enslaves the Hobbit race. The movie glazed over that.

Yes, but only temporarily until the heroic return! Don't you know that Mario successfully returned the triforce to Mt. Doom?  He overcame the dark hordes of port of a ports and saved Middle Gaming with his fresh take on how fun should be had!  Then he returned and kicked Sir Trite and Master Been-there-done-that, out of the village.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 02:43:31 PM »

I LOVE IT!!

I agree, Soulchilde. I own both systems and while each has their strengths, PSP is currently winning and with the release schedule I see for the rest of the year, the PSP will have way more quality titles than the DS. I do agree that DS is finally getting some more quality games, but the PSP just smacks its ass with what they have coming down the pipe.

This is why you don't see as many threads about this suff. It's all a matter of personal taste.

I think it's funny though!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 04:46:48 PM »

I still don't understand fanboysim of any type when it comes to consoles. Give me a game I need to play, I'm happy. I'd rather do something constructive than say 'Console (whatever) blows, the one I use owns!'. But, granted, I'm not 13 years old either.

JLu - me, too!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »

So the people at Nintendo are as fruity as the Hobbits?  I mean, look at Sam and Frodo, especially the look Sam gives Frodo at the end of RotK.  That look was so gay I thought Sam was gonna tell the little hobbits to go for a walk so he could saunter over to Frodo and suck his fucking cock. Now *that* would have been an Academy Award worthy ending.   :twisted: *

* shamelessly stolen from Clerks 2.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
I LOVE IT!!

I agree, Soulchilde. I own both systems and while each has their strengths, PSP is currently winning and with the release schedule I see for the rest of the year, the PSP will have way more quality titles than the DS. I do agree that DS is finally getting some more quality games, but the PSP just smacks its ass with what they have coming down the pipe.

This is why you don't see as many threads about this suff. It's all a matter of personal taste.

I think it's funny though!  biggrin

Tell you what, Devil.  Let's look at sales data at the end of the year and see which one comes out on top.  We all know you don't like the DS and we all know I like both systems, so your opinion seems a little biased.  However, the sales data will not be biased either way, so we can use that as our little friend.  Care to make any friendly wagers? smile

Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 06:01:30 PM »

No way over at one up its like a slaughter feast.

Someone will say hello, i liked this game and someone will reply threating to kill them.(made up example)

But 1up is terrible.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 06:03:38 PM »

Well based on this thread about fanboy fights itself turing into one over the DS vs PSP I'd say its still alive and kicking...
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 06:10:08 PM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
Well based on this thread about fanboy fights itself turing into one over the DS vs PSP I'd say its still alive and kicking...

I'm not a fanboy of either system, though.  I like them both.  I do have an opinion about one being better than the other, though, but I don't consider either system to be "my" system.  And that's what separates me from the fanboys.  I don't think anyone in this thread has honestly acted like a fanboy, though...not even Devil.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"

I'm not a fanboy of either system, though.  I like them both.  I do have an opinion about one being better than the other, though, but I don't consider either system to be "my" system.  And that's what separates me from the fanboys.  I don't think anyone in this thread has honestly acted like a fanboy, though...not even Devil.

Actually, I think Devil does own a Ds.  i think he likes debating from the Pro-PSP side cause so many people on this board are Pro-DS.

That's my take on it anyway

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 06:48:31 PM »

Yup, that's the way I read it too.  smile

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
warning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 06:55:56 PM »

Actually, I think Devil does own a Ds.  i think he likes debating from the Pro-PSP side cause so many people on this board are Pro-DS.

Yep.  And the rest of us who own a PSP and a DS like to debate from the pro-DS side because it's superior.

Tongue
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 06:59:07 PM »

I was kidding.  Sort of

DS 4evar!
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 07:49:10 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

Yep.  And the rest of us who own a PSP and a DS like to debate from the pro-DS side because it's superior.

Tongue

Well, most of us smile  I'm actually fairly split down the middle - play both the DS and the PSP equally, and while I initially had about sx as many DS games as PSP, I think I'm almost at 50-50 for each.  Each platform has unique, fun games that you can't get on the other one, and I can't imagine owning one without the other at this point.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 01:00:19 AM »

Oh - I've got myself a DS (had an original and now a Lite).

I just find it funny that somehow everyone knows the DS is far superior to the PSP.

I, however, play my PSP more, at about a 10:1 ratio.

What, I/you/anyone anyone else thinks is better is sort of a irrelevant which leads me back to the topic of fanboys.

I think we're big enough people in here to realize we all have different tastes and for that reason It really doesn't get too heated or personal if mentioned at all.

In fact , I'll even admit that the DS is a great system...if your gaming habits are similar to an 11 year old girl!!  Losers!!! :lol:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 01:47:58 AM »

Quote from: "Devil"

In fact , I'll even admit that the DS is a great system...if your gaming habits are similar to an 11 year old girl!!  Losers!!! :lol:

That's our Devil!!!

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 03:25:27 AM »

When I posted my message, I was trying to lure the fanboys out. Seem like I was successful.smile
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 11:52:24 AM »

I'll be honest, the fanboy stuff I see now is nothing compared to the pre-launch summer of 2001. It just seemed more heated back then. Maybe it was because I was reading more IGN than I needed to.

Eitherway, this thread is a perfect example, that was seemingly the most polite fanboy "fight" I've seen on the web, 5 years ago you two would've been killing each over the PS2 vs. Xbox, eventhough the Xbox hadn't come out yet.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08:22 PM »

PSP?  DS?  bah, we all know the Phantom will kick both of their asses!  I mean, seriously, look at the time they're putting into developing it.  Anyone who doesn't get one is a pansy and hates capitalism and has an Oedipus complex and lights baby seals on fire and.....

Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

Sadly, I think when ps3 comes out, it will start up again. There will be two comparable consoles on the market and people will go nuts.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

It'll take a while for the pro-PS3 people to argue though.  PS3 supporters will have to try and buy one this year, which will be tough.  They then have to save a lot of $$ to buy one.  Good luck smile

Now that the 360 has Galaga, it'll own the others!

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 04:21:58 PM »

Quote from: "Scott"
It'll take a while for the pro-PS3 people to argue though.  PS3 supporters will have to try and buy one this year, which will be tough.  They then have to save a lot of $$ to buy one.  Good luck smile

Now that the 360 has Galaga, it'll own the others!

Since when has actually owning a product been a requirement to argue for or against it? :wink:
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 05:46:10 PM »

ince when has actually owning a product been a requirement to argue for or against it? Wink

True, true smile.  Always nice if people own the products they love and experience them, but I know that's not always the case.

I think all the systems are great.  Competition is a good thing.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2006, 07:35:45 AM »

if your gaming habits are similar to an 11 year old girl!! Losers!!!

Oh Devil, Devil, Devil.... sigh... shame on you! You should have known I'd address this comment! :evil:

OUT!!!  :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2006, 08:20:05 AM »

I think this holiday season we're going to see a LOT more Xbox 360 owners thanks to the guarenteed PS3 shortages. I know a lot of people that say they're "waiting for the ps3" and are so sure they're going to get one in November.
If the PS3 launch is anything like the Xbox 360 one, there's going to be mass lines at midnight, people selling their "tickets" for 200 hundred bucks just to stand in line, and a whole lot of people making a killing exploiting the shortages on Ebay to people willing to spend well over $1000 just to get a PS3.

I was originally one of the people waiting for the PS3 thinking "Spring 2006" launch as Sony claimed, but when that didn't happen and they pushed it back to November, I said the hell with it, I'm getting a 360! And it turned out to be a great decision, my only real gripe with the 360 is the lack of backwards compatiblity support because there's so many xbox games I'd like to play (Counter-Strike being the top one) but getting back to point, when all these people are lining up for their PS3's and only the first dozen or so in the door get it, the rest of them will be in the console isles and see a bunch of Xbox 360's available.. and at least $100 cheaper too, giving them the chance to buy a couple of games to go with the system.

That's just the way I see things happening, you're there to get the PS3 and it's sold out (and it'll probably be months before they finally start to get the stocks replenished) so what do you do? The Xbox 360 is in stock and a lot cheaper, and it's a next-gen system with a bigger game base than the just launched ps3.
I think a lot of people are going to be leaving the PS3 boat and heading to the Xbox 360 one.
They have nothing to lose, and only money to save.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 10:06:47 AM »

When I posted my message, I was trying to lure the fanboys out. Seem like I was successful.smile

I think that qualifies you as a troll then  :roll:
I'm on board with Devil here.  The DS is a great system-if you're an 11 year old kid.  I own both which allows me to voice that opinion.  However I play neither, which validates your ignoring me.

Very rarely do I ever see a DS game that I would be interested in.  Although that FF remake with the cool graphics will definitely be tempting to buy.  Although Jeanne D'Arc looks like a kickass sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics and I will probably pick up that one too.  If only Sega came out with a decent NHL2k game for the PSP then I would be all over it.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 10:41:34 AM »

Fighting..............Tekken, Street Fighter A3 >>> DS (no entry?)
Puzzle................PSP Lumines = DS Tetris   ?
Sports................PSP (too many to list) > DS Tony Hawk, Madden
Action.................DS Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe, Castlevania > PSP GTA
Adventure...........????
RPG....................PSP Valkyrie Profile ? = DS M&L Partners in Time
Platformer...........DS Super Mario, SM64, Princess Peach > PSP Daxter
Racing.................PSP Ridge Racer, Burnout, NFS > DS Mario Kart
Shooter...............PSP Syphon Filter, SOCOM > DS Metroid Prime
Simulation...........PSP The Sims 2, Football Manager > DS The Sims 2
Strategy..............DS Advance Wars 2, AOM > PSP Worms, Field Commander
Strategy RPG.......PSP Generation of Chaos, Jeane D'Arc upcoming > (no entry from DS)
Wrestling.............PSP  WWE Smackdown > (no entry from DS)
Miscelaneous.......DS Pokemon, Wild World, Nintendogs >>> PSP ??

Ok there's my list of top games from each genre.  Have at me you dogs!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2006, 12:41:17 PM »

Quote from: "Canuck"
The DS is a great system-if you're an 11 year old kid.

This is the exact spot where I stopped reading your post.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 01:19:27 PM »

Fighting..............Tekken, Street Fighter A3 >>> DS (no entry?)

Bleach for the DS is supposed to be an amazing fighting game but no idea if we'll get it over here.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 02:51:46 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
The DS is a great system-if you're an 11 year old kid.

This is the exact spot where I stopped reading your post.

Too bad.  You missed some amazing critical analysis  :roll:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: