http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 09:32:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else impressed with the DS games at E3?  (Read 1936 times)
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2005, 07:39:48 PM »

Most the games are games that we already knew about but they seem to be coming along so nicely!  One I am really excited for is Mario and Luigi 2!

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »

I'd buy a DS just for M&L 2, but there are also a lot of other games that look great, like Animal Crossing, Super Mario Bros, and Metroid Pinball.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 10:40:28 PM »

I have to say that out of all the systems we have seen so far (next gen consoles included), the DS has had the best showing in my mind simply because they are showing off actual games.

Mario & Luigi looks awesome, Animal Crossing is a lock for GOTY, Metroid Hunters is looking good, Mario Kart DS online == sex, and even that NintendoDogs thing looked kinda fun.

BTW, if you're at E3 - they have a downloadable demo station set up if you want to check out some of the upcoming DS games (or the Zelda trailer).

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 10:46:36 PM »

I like what I've seen and M&L 2, new Mario 2D, and Castlevania will all be mine. I was hoping for a bit more from 3rd parties though.  There have been a bunch of other stuff announced like FF3j and Xensosaga DS that I was hoping to see in action.  Here's hoping some of this stuff is on the show floor.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 11:04:09 PM »

Disappointed to not hear anything about a Fire Emblem DS. I'm sure one will come out eventually, but you'd think a DS Fire Emblem would be a nice complement to the GC title releasing later this year.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 07:16:50 PM »

I was very impressed with the DS news out of E3 so far. That coupled with the general knowledge we had up until this week, and the endless hours of enjoyment I've gotten out of it already, and I don't regret the purchase for a second. I was initially disappointed with the online delay but it looks as though the wait will be well worth it.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 08:15:42 PM »

Disappointed to not hear anything about a Fire Emblem DS. I'm sure one will come out eventually, but you'd think a DS Fire Emblem would be a nice complement to the GC title releasing later this year.

Hehe, me too. I'd love to get a Fire Emblem on the DS. I'd like to hear more about Mistwalker's SRPG as well.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 10:14:22 PM »

I read on another board that Lunar: Genesis is a strategy RPG, rather than a traditional RPG. Anyone seen anything to confirm this?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 10:25:06 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Mallon"
I read on another board that Lunar: Genesis is a strategy RPG, rather than a traditional RPG. Anyone seen anything to confirm this?

I read that too.  And the one screenshot I saw, if it was real, looked like complete and total ass.  Like original NES levels.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 10:56:22 PM »

I'm definately psyched, but I was well before E3 because I knew these games were coming.

I can't wait to play Another Code, I can't remember the US title, but that game looks very cool.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 11:04:20 PM »

Advance Wars, Mario & Luigi, the sidescroller Mario, Animal Crossing...these games are the ones making me consider buying a DS, and none of them really use the 2nd screen!  Animal Crossing uses it to constantly display clouds, that's handy!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 12:50:38 AM »

All I care about for the DS (don't own one...yet) is Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows.  That has sold me on the system right there.  Everything else is gravy.

I actually want to see the new Kim Possible game (hey, they are fun and easy!) and think that Yu-Gi-Oh! could be fantastic with the touchscreen.  Can you tell I spend almost all of my time surrounded by 11 year olds?

I don't like the look or feel of the DS, but I must have it to continue with the franchises I enjoy on the SP.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 09:14:38 PM »

What sounds really cool about the new Mario game is that you can play two player simulateously with two Ds's. You'll see me on your top screen and I'll see you on mine. Sounds like an neat way to use two screens on a handheld for co-op.

Think how cool a game like Splinter Cell multiplayer would be if you could see your partner on one screen and your guy on the other.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 10:19:30 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
What sounds really cool about the new Mario game is that you can play two player simulateously with two Ds's. You'll see me on your top screen and I'll see you on mine. Sounds like an neat way to use two screens on a handheld for co-op.

Is that on the Mario&Luigi RPG, or the Super Mario sidescroller?
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 12:36:08 AM »

that would be the platformer my friend, as confirmed by Miyamoto's interview on cube.ign.com

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 06:59:50 AM »

That's interesting then, I got the impression from the video on IGN that the 2nd screen does nothing more than tell you how many coins and time left you have, even on scenes where it looks like M&L are being independently controlled.
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 04:27:43 PM »

I'm looking forward to Jagged Alliance 2, Disciples 2, FF 3, Another Code, and some of the RPGs. I'm far more excited by the PSP and DS then any of the next gen games for the PC,XBox 360 and P3. They seem more concerned with gameplay than how amazing they look.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 10:46:42 PM »

They are making a Jagged Alliance game for the DS?

There is also a new 2D Metroid in the works apparently name 'Metroid: Dread' or something similar.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 09:20:45 AM »

http://www.dsgaming.co.uk/html/modules/news/article.php?storyid=626

'"Europa Universalis II", "Disciples II: Dark Prophecy" and "Jagged Alliance 2: Gold Pack" will all be gracing the Nintendo DS with their precense this year, after Pocket PC studios revealed more information at E3.

Jagged Alliance 2: Gold Pack, Pocket PC sutdios say, will immerse "you into an elaborate role-playing universe where you will interact with more than 150 characters, recruit your own band of soldiers and create your own custom mercenary to win back Arulco (a small country of which has been taken over by a merciless dictator) not once, but twice! The perfect blend of strategy, role playing and tactical combat!"

Disciples II: Dark Prophecy takes gamers to the magical realm of the Sacred Lands, where "each race must once again take up the sword for the sake of their people and the glory of their God."

The DS version of Europa Universalis II will be a port of the extremely popular handheld PC version, that lets you lead armies across Europe. '

The new Zelda could be good as well, as it's going to be similar to the N64 games.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 03:14:27 AM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the info, JayG.  JA2 will hopefully receive a great port.  I really enjoyed those games.  I wonder, with all the Fallout and X-Com love, why is nobody screaming about how great Jagged Alliance was?

Is that Disciples II just the original or is it the addons as well?

I'll likely end up with all three if they actually come out. :twisted:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: