http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 06:01:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else getting tired of the bugs in Hellgate London?  (Read 4541 times)
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:46:17 AM »

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the huge Hellgate post, but is anyone else getting sick of the bugs in this game? It's worse than it was in beta!

For example, have you guys run into the issue in those multiple zone quests where you zone into the next map only to not see any of your party members? This is a major pain in the ass since the whole point of multiplayer is to stick together and this bug makes it near impossible.

Also, I'm getting really tired of the game locking up after 30 mins of playing. There was a terrible memory leak in beta and instead of getting a crash to desktop in beta with the error message saying no more memory is available, it just locks up! Sometimes it's a hard lock where I have to hit the reset button.

And lastly, there are annoying bugs with the quests in multiplayer. The one that stands out is the one where you have to use the sedative on Lord Meilmight (or whatever). My party member completed the quest, but I'm sitting there unable to use the sedative. I have to log completely out and redo the quest.

It's things like this that is starting to make me regret getting this game. It seems like multiplayer was an afterthought since so many of the bugs are stemming from multiplayer play.

Anyone else feeling like they got burned too?  icon_mad
TheAtomicKid
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:00:01 AM »

Hmm.. the demo didnt seem to have anything truly annoying in it, other than the fact that you just sorta reach the end, without the game telling you... you just can't go any further once you reach a certain point. I've been told the full game, you proceed on to the next station shortly after, but apparently that exit got removed, or something.

Definitely no lockups after 30 minutes.

Still haven't bought the full game (yet), money's tight.

Atomic
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:01:03 AM »

If you're crashing after a set time, turn your Texture Detail down to High from Very High. Yeah, the game will look like ASS, but it'll cut back the crash time to an hour and change, give or take. Fortunately for me the game will either instantly CTD, or it'll just freeze and I can then give Vista the 3-fingered salute to get HL to crash fully so I can go try again.

I've had one lovely bug come up from time to time - the level loads in COMPLETELY dark. As if there isn't an ounce of ambient lighting PERIOD. The only source of light until I restart the game (as zoning in/out doesn't work) is to keep firing - the lighting 'effects' from my gun hitting the ground, along with the mini-map, allow me to see enough of the level to progress.

This game was absolutely and TOTALLY rushed to hit that Halloween release date, period.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:05:18 AM »

The best bug I found in beta was where the random map generator would creat a zone where after a room or two would be a dead end. Had it happen a few times. Once a big room had two exits..both subway tunnels. One had a burning rail car crashed and blocking it and the other tunnel was capped with one of those giant tunnel plugs. Annoying bug. Had to restart the game to clear those.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »

The only issue I have encountered so far is more often than not I can't get into the MP side of things. When traffic is lighter it is fine but at night i've had to resort to SP - which grates as i've paid my MP subscription. Euro forums don't seem to exist as well - so none to yell at frown

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »

It's getting less buggy, albeit at a sloth-like pace. I still have to start the multiplayer client twice (the first time you just see it as a "process" in the alt-tab task menu but it otherwise does nothing) to get it to run -- it used to be 3 times, I guess that's progress.  icon_confused

And whenever I do co-op, we always get separated if we enter a door into a new zone (very tiresome bug).

And I constantly get stuck on vehicles in the environments (best off steering clear of them). The "/stuck" command is handy but it seems to just teleport you back to the start of the zone (sometimes a loooong way from where you got stuck).

I'm just voting with my dollars (I'm not subscribing until the bugs list is shorter than the features list  Tongue), but I do quite enjoy the game in spite of everything.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 02:56:59 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 12, 2007, 06:01:03 AM

I've had one lovely bug come up from time to time - the level loads in COMPLETELY dark. As if there isn't an ounce of ambient lighting PERIOD. The only source of light until I restart the game (as zoning in/out doesn't work) is to keep firing - the lighting 'effects' from my gun hitting the ground, along with the mini-map, allow me to see enough of the level to progress.

Dude... that's a map that's supposed to be that way. You were given a helmet with a freakin light on it for that level. You aren't the only person to report that issue in that map. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 03:41:58 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 12, 2007, 02:56:59 PM

Dude... that's a map that's supposed to be that way. You were given a helmet with a freakin light on it for that level. You aren't the only person to report that issue in that map. slywink
Oh good, someone beat me to it. There were a couple times where the shading took a couple seconds to kick in and I thought this was a bug too. I fiddled with the shading, and added dynamic light to try and "wake up" the texture engine. Well I have gloves that have a flame effect (can't recall what they're called) but then I noticed they created some flickering. Then I remembered the headset the guy gave me and VOILLA! Was a pretty kewl effect.

I'm only running a 9800 so my video settings are largely medium at best, but I've never had the game crash. There are plenty of issue with multi-player tho. These will probably be remedied by a beefier system that tracks where players are on the map respective to each other.

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile! ©
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 03:44:34 PM »

actually that sounds kind of cool..... if there wasn't a targeting reticule it could give the level a whole new sense of dread.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 05:34:45 PM »

Oh, ha, I guess I got confused on that too because it almost looks like all the wall textures have failed to load properly so I too thought it was a bug. I don't recall getting a helmet with a light on it, I probably was in too much of a rush to sell it.  icon_biggrin

Playing
PC
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 06:02:43 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 12, 2007, 02:56:59 PM

While I (now) have a light helmet, I've gone through a level where I didn't have a light helmet and encountered this 'issue'. Why I considered it a bug, and completely ignored the fact that I had an item to get around that.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 02:38:42 AM »

Yes, I'm tired of them. I've shelved this game for a good while, till they actually finish it. I can take a lot of things, but hard freezes and sudden reboots aren't among them.

I don't care to pay $50 to be a beta-tester.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 05:06:56 AM »

Oh I just spent about 90 minutes crawling through an endless ear canal in "314's" brain, finally found the end, died, rezzed as ghost, but no headstone was left, and as a ghost i can't use the portal that was supposed to indicate the mission was done. I don't know if that's a bug, but I'm so angry, I don't think I'm going to play this for a while.  icon_evil If I thought the demo was too easy, well, that 314's brain crap is like the devs rubbing my face in a pile of dog poop for 90 minutes saying "SEE? SEE? It's NOT too easy!"  disgust Tongue

Playing
PC
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 06:07:13 AM »

I've resorted to just playing a little single player for now since the game has less problems that way. Its not as fun but the game is pretty much unplayable IMO in MP until they get it patched up.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 12:35:16 PM »

I'm just wondering if I need to send a dictionary to Flagship.  Unique means there is just one.  It means that I shouldn't have....wait for it....

FIVE

...Fawkes Handguards (the ones that make your hands catch fire), not including the pair I gave to Tim.  *shakes head*  WTF?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
BuckeyeShane
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 01:20:35 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 15, 2007, 12:35:16 PM

I'm just wondering if I need to send a dictionary to Flagship.  Unique means there is just one.  It means that I shouldn't have....wait for it....

FIVE

...Fawkes Handguards (the ones that make your hands catch fire), not including the pair I gave to Tim.  *shakes head*  WTF?

I play this nightly and I haven't gotten any?
unbreakable
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 04:11:31 PM »

I played for a few hours last night.  The only bug I encountered was a few times, coming into a hub, the walls and floor would be invisible.  Pretty annoying.

The long load times also kind of tick me off.

BTW, Unique items were in Diablo 2, as well.  Unique actually meant the item didn't have variable stats: what you got was what you got, that item will always be the same.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:21 PM »

If you don't see your groupmates, just get out of the zone and back in. It's highly annoying, but it's a workaround.

If you don't have any lighting in the level, just wait it out and it will turn on. At least it always did for me. I guess subway's janitor is a bit slow and needs some time to get to the switch. smile

I didn't encounter any other bugs, no locking up or crashing so far. Oh yeah, the stupid Network Error, but there is no workaround for it AFAIK.

Oh and throw away that Vista. biggrin
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 06:31:58 PM »

No, it wasn't that, I literally didn't have walls or a floor.  Could see through the whole level, there were NPCs and platforms they were standing on and stuff, but the floor and wall textures were gone.

I tried leaving and coming back in, and tried quitting and logging back in.  But it seemed to fix if I exitted the game and came back.

Oh, also, it seems to really lock up bad when I exit the game.  Sometimes I can log off Windows and it will allow me to end the task when I come back in, but that's annoying as hell.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »

Quote from: Flagship Studios
Previously, we had intended to end the beta grace period on November 14. But, we don't want to cut your game off prematurely, so please make sure you enter your retail registration key as soon as possible.

Again, no beta players without registration codes will be able to login and play Hellgate: London after November 21, 2007.
Ha! See? The game is *still* in beta! That explains everything!  saywhat icon_lol I'm kidding, but it does sound as if a lot of beta players haven't been convinced to actually buy it yet so they just keep pushing the cutoff date back and back.

Playing
PC
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 01:19:37 AM »

They finally stated that there are still a lot of work to be completed: http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=35453

Dear Customers,

We realize many of you are experiencing a variety of problems. We at Flagship and Ping0 are working hard to address these issues.

Our current top priorities are:

* Resolving any remaining problems related to billing and subscriptions.
* Fixing two known bugs which cause players to sometimes lose items (one related to dual focus/dual melee, and one related to loading issues).
* Making improvements to memory usage in order to reduce "Memory Exhausted" crashes.
* Fixing a known issue with the user interface which causes the application to lock up intermittently.* An issue which occasionally prevents characters from being able to load or switch instances.
* General chat interface improvements. (Many improvements are in the works).
* Random disconnects and lag.
* Allowing higher resolution textures and models for other players.
* Various known problems with being able to continue interrupted side quests.
* Remnant quest items not getting destroyed and "clogging" up inventory.
* Continued problems with saving / loading Engineer Drone items.
* Invisible party members.
* The nanoforge not correctly improving rare and better armors.
* Getting stuck on collision.

Some of these are issues which will be fixed as soon as possible and go live in upcoming patches, some will be in our upcoming content patch, and others are issues on which we will make gradual improvements to on a continuous basis.

Of course we also have a more extensive bug list as well as lot of general improvements and new content in the works. Everyone here is
working full-time to support Hellgate. We appreciate your patience.

-The Hellgate: London team

FIX IT NOW!!!  icon_mad
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 02:26:30 AM »

Let's see. Just now, I tried Mind of tech 314 for the second time. This time I got to the end room in a timely fashion. Took out beasties in there. Took out Tech 314's ghostly whatever, then it breaks into three separate ghostly thingies. And I take out two of them. THEN, I get stuck on a point in the floor (never have I played a game where you get stuck on things so often with no rhyme or reason). Not only does the "stuck" bug stick me, it renders all my grenade attacks unusable. Then the last soldier of course backs away from me when I can reach him every time i get him near the point of dead. Then I use the /stuck command and get warped to the beginning of the level, and of course every room in the stupid Mind of Tech 314 has completely respawned.

I enjoy this character, but I can't progress any further in the quests without completing it and so far it seems utterly impossible given the bugs in the game and the general nastiness of the quest (and no interest in co-op online or anyone remotely interested in being helpful in the chatrooms).

How is this fun? icon_evil Don't answer that. I've had enough of this game. I think maybe Tabula Rasa looks like a better bet afterall. disgust
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:28:22 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 03:57:50 AM »

Quote from: namatoki on November 16, 2007, 01:19:37 AM

FIX IT NOW!!!  icon_mad

They didn't mention anything about my inability to run the DX9 client only once per system boot (and only if I do it first thing upon rebooting). Boo.

And people wonder why I give this game a terrible rap.

And I think that 1UP's review explains quite nicely what's wrong with the game (short of a lot of it).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 04:03:01 AM by Destructor » Logged

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 16, 2007, 03:57:50 AM

Quote from: namatoki on November 16, 2007, 01:19:37 AM

FIX IT NOW!!!  icon_mad

They didn't mention anything about my inability to run the DX9 client only once per system boot (and only if I do it first thing upon rebooting). Boo.

And people wonder why I give this game a terrible rap.

And I think that 1UP's review explains quite nicely what's wrong with the game (short of a lot of it).

The DX9 thing is pure Vista - I had the same issue and it went away when I uninstalled that damned virus of an OS.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 16, 2007, 03:57:50 AM

Yeah Tom Chick seemed to rip it a new one.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 03:54:42 PM »

OK, well I got stuck on a collission bug while battling the end bosses in Mind Mysteries again. This time I managed to take all the "ghost bosses" out. This flipped up a portal to "Meet the Father" 10 feet from Blackjach but since he's stuck, there's no way for him to reach it. When I used the "/stuck" command to flip me back to the start of the quest map, guess what? The portal "to meet the father" was gone, and now I can't complete the quest (I have no way to "Meet the father", but that's what the quest is stuck on now), which means this character has no way of doing any further quests in the game (no other contacts are available, I've checked the Lucius Aldin contacts and none are talking; I can't re-do this quest because the end bosses are dead now, they don't reappear anymore).  icon_evil

Here's the area I mean (you'll notice all my grenade and special skill attacks are disabled cause of the collision/stuck bug):

I got stuck on the floor two consecutive days. Today they couldn't hide from me but I guess I would be better off if they had.

Can't say I didn't try.  mad

I'm just angry cause this is bush-league stuff that QA testing should catch long before anyone drops $50 on a game. I can deal with glitches, I can't really be nice about quest-breaking bugs caused by an engine's poor collision detection, an /unstuck command that really shouldn't propel you all the way back to a map's start, and a mysteriously disappearing Quest portal that really shouldn't just vanish like that because the stupid engine forced me to use the /stuck command (Can you say "Catch-22"?). I'm at a loss for words. I'd cuss a storm, but this is a nice forum so I'll just cuss to myself quietly.  disgust

Right now I'd like to run my Hellgate DVD through one of those CD/paper shredders, and mail it back to Bill Roper and say "Here. This is how I felt after spending several days trying to complete Mind Mysteries. I think it's free of bugs now. Good luck, Bill!"

When I calm down, I'll visit the forums and see if they have any suggestions on how to complete this somehow (maybe tagging along with someone else who is doing it themselves or something).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:09:22 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 02:13:47 AM »

Oh this is a good one -- now there's a server glitch where you can't use your weapon hot swap keys (F1, F2, F3) at all, they have no effect. And if you try to drag a weapon to a different slot it won't you place anything in the slot you dragged the weapon out of.  saywhat I'm told it "clears up" in 10 minutes or so.  Roll Eyes

Playing
PC
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 02:43:52 AM »

So...was this game released as a beta or an alpha? I swear the bugs everybody is talking about get worse and worse as time goes on. That said, I haven't played in quite a few days, as I frankly have better games to play.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2007, 03:32:03 AM »

It never did clear up. I've tried logging in several different times tonight and the weapon swap keys don't work period (at least not for me), which might (finally) be the last straw for me. I just can't play the game when I have one weapon hot-swap slot that won't even accept any weapon at all anymore, along with the keys no longer functioning.

I still find it fun when it isn't basically screwing me and other players over with its bugs, glitches and misbegotten features. Clearly it probably got released 3 months too early (maybe 6 months too early?). I'd love to blame either Midway or EA for forcing an Oct. 31 release on a game that was so unfinished that they were completely revamping the whole order of levels for that launch day patch. And the fact this week's patch is "0.5" seems to indicate the game is, what, half finished? Half way there? The fact they're not willing to hofix some of the most glaring errors and glitches just for the sake of reducing some player frustration is just sad.

Thing is, I truly enjoy the game. I couldn't wait to get home and play tonight. It just is so utterly hostile. It's like trying to cuddle a porcupine.  Tongue

The reviews for this are generally pretty ugly -- it's really just inexplicable for a company to launch its debut game in this condition, then basically drag its feet while the few players willing to stick it out have to keep dealing with junk like this. I really do hope someday they get this sucker in some sort of polished state and re-release it as Hellgate 2.0 or Hellgate Gold. I may be moaning and groaning here, but I'm enjoying the game too much when it works to wish some horrible fate for it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:36:39 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2007, 04:26:13 AM »

I hear ya, Blackjack. I've been wishing this game to be good too, but the bugs are just too much to bear. I hope I can log in in a few weeks and play something that is better, but only time will tell, I guess. frown
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »

This all completely validates my decision to either not buy or wait 6 months until they've actually finished the game.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 01:40:18 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on November 20, 2007, 10:41:50 AM

This all completely validates my decision to either not buy or wait 6 months until they've actually finished the game.

But then you can't get in on the 'amazing' deal of a lifetime sub for the low, low price of $150!  Roll Eyes

This game was just designed to let all the Blizzard fanbois dump money at them hand over fist.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2007, 01:59:43 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on November 20, 2007, 10:41:50 AM

+1. Vote with your wallet, and in this case staying away is the smart decision.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »

Personally I have yet to hit a bug other than the engineer droid bug.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2007, 11:57:52 PM »

To be fair, a lot of my complaints are about missing features or poorly designed things.

My bug experiences:
-Getting stuck on cars, trash cans, brushes, rocks etc.
-Weapon swap hotkeys not working all last night (and once I removed a weapon from slot 1 as a test, I could not place *any* weapon back in slot 1)
-Invisible co-op teammates (constantly, every zone)

Missing/inadequate/halfbaked features that provoke Andy Rooney-Type Ranting:
-Why isn't there a simple "re-arrange" hotkey for the inventory so I don't have to click and drag every piece of crap in there to make space for one item? Didn't they play Titan Quest? Don't they have a clue?  disgust

-Why are the inventory slots so freaking gigantic? I wouldn't have to jet to town every 2 minutes if they'd make the lousy slots smaller, i.e., so you'd have a much more spacious inventory.

-Why can't I buy more than one lousy med pack at a time? (it's called "adding a little 'how many do you want' submenu to the item). Why do I have to shift/click 20 times to buy 20 of them? [btw, if there is a way to do this, and I'm missing this, PLEASE let me know. I'll admit to being an idiot if you want. smile]

-Why is no aspect of crafting explained whatsoever in the game? It's actually not all that bad or hard to understand -- esp. compared to something inscrutable like say, Auto Assault's crafting -- but why not a tutorial crafting quest or let the NPC offer to show you how to use the various crafting devices, and explain why you want to dismantle equipment for crafting pieces. Why bother putting a crafting/enhancements system and then make it such a freakin' mystery?  icon_confused

-Diablo II, particularly its expansion, had at least some interesting-if-not-rocket-science quests that didn't revolve around MMO-style "kill 12 beasts and bring me their testicles" and "go to Foozoo zone and go click on a non-descript garbage can" quests. Where are the people who designed Diablo II: LoD's quests? Do you really expect me to pay 10 bucks a month for endless "kill 18 demons" and "go click on a nondescript container" quests? I really hope that's not what the content updates are going to be about.

I could go on and on but it accomplishes nothing I know. It's just, this is all ranting from someone who likes the game and is trying to play it every night. You can imagine the list that someone who has already sold the game in disgust or who isn't coming near it until it's patched to high heavens (so to speak) would come up with. I hate the term "sense of urgency," but that's definitely something Flagship should have right now but so far they just don't seem in any rush to improve the game.  icon_neutral

Playing
PC
unbreakable
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »

I think I wasn't encountering many bugs because I wasn't grouping.

After playing a few hours with a friend last night... I was going nuts from all the bugs.  The most annoying one was that, occasionally, his character would disappear.  He was still there, but I just couldn't see him: so stuff would spontaneously explode, making it look like the game had a poltergeist.  Fortunately, he has a summoner, so I could look for his minions to know his location.  Occasionally, he would have the same issue with me.

There were a TON of quest bugs, I had to quit and restart a few of them in order to be able to complete them.  It seems like quests involving picking up quest items is a little buggy.

Now I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it seems like when we group, we are seeing different item drops.  If it's a feature, it's kind of nice, since it prevents the mad scramble people had for item drops in Diablo 1 and 2.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 06:14:59 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on November 25, 2007, 05:04:46 PM

Now I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it seems like when we group, we are seeing different item drops.  If it's a feature, it's kind of nice, since it prevents the mad scramble people had for item drops in Diablo 1 and 2.

Yup - it's actually not a bug. The game 'auto-splits' loot between the people in the group, and only they can see and pick it up.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »

Flagship claims to have ideas for fixing the "inviso bug" in multiplayer but didn't figure them out in time for this most recent patch. So maybe next time.

I generally find if I portal back to town and then rejoin the teammate via the party portal, that'll clear up the inviso. Why/how this kind of malarkey wasn't caught and soved in beta -- heck, in alpha -- I have no clue.  Roll Eyes It seems to happen to me a little less often since the latest patch, but it might just be a random bug.

Playing
PC
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 08:29:20 PM »

After reading this, I'm so happy I picked up the Titan Quest expansion pack so I can loot whore without constant bugs. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 02:08:42 AM »

btw, new bug appears to have come out of thin air tonight -- party portals weren't working properly and the General chat channel was flooded with complaints about it (you could read them in between the constant spambot spam ads). disgust

Playing
PC
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: