http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:20:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone dive into Deep Labyrinth?  (Read 617 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2006, 03:12:38 AM »

Deep Labyrinth is out for the DS.  I've heard it's very appealing for the die-hard RPG fans, but that the interface is a little klunky and the graphics are sub-par.  Has anyone given this one a shot?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 03:29:15 AM »

I picked it up and have messed around with it a little bit. Yeah the interface is not the greatest. The touch screen controls are fine but it is the d-pad that is clunky. Up to move forward, left to turn left etc. You have to double tap left or right to do a side step move. There is no strafing which is the annoying part. The graphics are serviceable it's just the art is kinda meh. I'm digging the gameplay though. It has a Wizardry/King's Field vibe to it. The magic system is similar to Arx Fatalis with the drawing of the runes and whatnot. No save slots for spells though. I have played up to the first boss (some sort of wolf/demon dog) and have enjoyed it so far. thumbsup
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:57:39 PM »

The first two reviews (RPGamer and RPGFan) have both torn apart the game as pretty much a game that should've been released when the DS itself launched, and is pretty much crap, so I'll be skipping out on it for now.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:21:47 PM »

I want to skip it, yes, but it's an Atlus title and I don't know about the availability in the future.  Though, they also released SBK on the DS and it isn't THAT rare...

It's sad to hear that they have some issues, because this game really looked pretty neat.  That's not to say you can't get any enjoyment out of it.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 06:13:37 PM »

I'll skip it unless I can find it for 10 bucks, but both the 1up and IGn reviews say that it has a lot of good stuff for lovers of Old School RPGs if you can wade into it far enough.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: