http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 08:24:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody else's Perfect Dark Zero buggy as crap?  (Read 1494 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2005, 04:17:34 AM »

PDZ is CONSTANTLY crashing the console right now for me. I've had it crash during mission changes, whenever I die, when I pause the game to change settings... You name it, it's crashed there.

My only other title, Kameo (by the same company oddly enough), has none of these issues.

It's not a heating issue, as I've moved my 360 for testing purposes outside of my entertainment center and it's sitting in the open air whirring its fans like mad.

Any guesses?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 04:52:47 AM »

I have noticed a bug or two, but nothing that would keep me from playing (i.e. crashes).

LiveTAG: happydog
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 06:02:28 AM »

huh, spent probably better than 18 hours (mostly my friends playing) with PDZ in the console and playing.  No crashes.  On the other hand it loves to crash when I try to watch DVD's.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 06:17:02 AM »

This might be worth a look.  Then again, maybe not. ninja

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 06:49:01 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
This might be worth a look.  Then again, maybe not. ninja

Yeah, actually I found that link via another website. Oddly enough, itseems to work, although all I did was just move the power brick outside of my entertainment center and onto the TV stand behind the TV.

It seems that the power brick is far more vunerable to heat than the console itself is. It must make sense to somebody, as it doesn't to me. *shrugs*

And impressive - apparently my 2000th post hit when I was bitching about my 360. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 11:08:14 AM »

A power supply that big is bound to throw out some heat and interference. I put mine along my wall outside of my entertainment center from the get go.

This is probably why I haven't experienced all these issues people keep mentioning.

My system has never:
Crashed
Over heated

I have played three consecutive days for four hours each and never had any issues. Granted that isn't a lot of time, but nonetheless, no issues.

I have played 5 different games as well.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 02:19:51 PM »

Yeah, my power brick is outside my TV stand  near the wall and my 360 is under my tv on a stand and no issues whatsoever

I also I have put in some marathon gaming  recently.  Kotor2 has been occupying my time now.  

FYI, it seems that when you play a XBox game you will get signed out of Live

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 04:24:26 PM »

I believe this is because for some weird reason the 360 does not update your gamer profile with regular Xbox games. So it is seeing it as inactivity and discoing the connection.

I'd like to find out why and/or if this is intended.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

I only tried the first mission so far, but mine locked up once frown

I have it about as isolated from anything and everything including it's own power supply as one could possibly hope.  Hopefully just a fluke.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 05:48:35 PM »

I am on the 4th mission and played a few hours of death match against a friend and have never had a crash or bug issue with PD0. I have also played 6 other games with no issues. My power supply is out side my entertainment center and my console have plenty of air circulation isnce it is not an enclosed entertainment center.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 06:33:03 PM »

Was curious if anyone else has tried to watch a movie on the 360?  I haven't had the time to sit down and try watching one with the power brick off of the floor.  Although it is in the open on flat carpeting... not sure if that would affect it or not.

I would think not, since I've had the system on playing games for many hours in a row.  Just likes to crash when watching movies for some reason.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 07:38:54 PM »

Quote from: "DamageInc"
I believe this is because for some weird reason the 360 does not update your gamer profile with regular Xbox games. So it is seeing it as inactivity and discoing the connection.

I'd like to find out why and/or if this is intended.

Heres my thinking :

Since Xbox games need to use the network layer it is more cost-effective to let the BCEmu talk directly and then the software can connect. For instance, Halo2 will drop you 360 XBL connection, only to start it right back up while the game menu loads (if you've set up your profile).

It is truly emulating the environment including the XBL connectivity; the 360 didn't have a continuous way of staying online between games / dashboard ... therefore the reason behind the "what you're playing" is that XBL sees you as being on an Xbox1, where that feature was more limited.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 08:16:52 PM »

Quote from: "Jarrodhk"
Was curious if anyone else has tried to watch a movie on the 360?  I haven't had the time to sit down and try watching one with the power brick off of the floor.  Although it is in the open on flat carpeting... not sure if that would affect it or not.

I would think not, since I've had the system on playing games for many hours in a row.  Just likes to crash when watching movies for some reason.

I've watched a couple of movies so far, with no crashes at all.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 08:49:17 PM »

The reason why the power block heating up would cause a crash is as it heats up it can't produce clean electricity.

Someone with more electrical knowledge can help me here, but I think as an object heats up it has more and more electrical resistance.

So, the xbox becomes starved with electricity and eventually has a hard lock or reset.

Same as with PCs if you get a poor power supply.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

So, with my power supply sitting outside of the entertainment center, PDZ STILL crashes like the buggy piece of shit that it is. Now I've dragged my 360 outside as well (it wasn't hot IMHO, but I've run out of ideas), so now I'm trying that.

Even with all the issues with the PS2 (and yes, I had the same disc read error that was fixed by simply opening it up and cleaning it), I've never had as many issues as I've had so far with my 360.

Oh, and my only other game (Kameo) I've played for hours without a single issue. PDZ will crash within 20 minutes. Why? Damned if I know.

happydog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

It is possible that you got a bad disk.

LiveTAG: happydog
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 06:10:30 PM »

Quote from: "happydog"
It is possible that you got a bad disk.

That would make sense if it crashed at the same spots or something, IMHO. But it just crashes whenever it feels like it.

Very, very annoying to own an entertainment center and not be able to use it because the blasted console is too prone to overheating.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 06:26:17 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Oh, and my only other game (Kameo) I've played for hours without a single issue. PDZ will crash within 20 minutes. Why? Damned if I know.

I mentioned this somewhere previously but PDZ was actually pressed before it passed certification.  It still ended up passing in the end but with a Microsoft owned game going through cert makes you wonder if there wasn't some increased pressure to shortchange the process a bit.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 01:18:32 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"
Quote from: "Destructor"

I mentioned this somewhere previously but PDZ was actually pressed before it passed certification.  It still ended up passing in the end but with a Microsoft owned game going through cert makes you wonder if there wasn't some increased pressure to shortchange the process a bit.

I'm gonna have to agree with this here - there's something major screwy going on here. It's no longer a heat issue on my end - my console is happily sitting outside of the entertainment center and the power supply is as open as it can get. It's NOT the console anymore.

Hopefully my store has additional copies to switch it out for. Hopefully it works, as I'm sick and tired of this.

To all of you who aren't having issues, count yourself lucky.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: