http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 06:02:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any reason to keep my 360?  (Read 473 times)
Azhag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »

So, I've had a 360 since launch and greatly enjoyed the system. During holiday sales I picked up a PS3 and am currently playing through that system's backlog.

I'm looking at the upcoming 360 games, and I can't see anything coming up that's system unique, or that I think my xbox friends are all going to be playing.

Given that I have a PS3 (with many more games to play still) and decent enough PC, is there any reason not to try to sell my 360 at this point?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »

TBH,no not really,if you have started on the PS3,and stuck with it...then no the 360 is not needed,i can't think of anything i would want for the 360 if i actually used my PS3 instead for my multiplats(and obviously exclusives)

I can only think of the near to release Gears game that's due for the 360 as an exclusive,not heard of a new Forza game or Halo game and would expect them on the next xbox

someone correct me if i am wrong/missed anything

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:28:36 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on March 02, 2013, 10:18:51 PM

I can only think of the near to release Gears game that's due for the 360 as an exclusive,not heard of a new Forza game or Halo game and would expect them on the next xbox

someone correct me if i am wrong/missed anything

I can't think of anything either, and I'm also expecting any exclusives they announce to be neXtBox only.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »

There are a few exclusives I fire up my 360 for once in a while (Trials HD, Spelunky), but if you're willing to wait, they always eventually end up on the PC and sometimes the PS3.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »

Yeah. I've played all the main xbox exclusives and sounds like the friends aren't grabbing the next GOW on release. So just not sure what it would add at this point, why I need both. At least the PS3 has some more exclusives worth buying coming out.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 02:20:08 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 03, 2013, 12:57:35 AM

Yeah. I've played all the main xbox exclusives and sounds like the friends aren't grabbing the next GOW on release. So just not sure what it would add at this point, why I need both. At least the PS3 has some more exclusives worth buying coming out.

Like what?

My PS3 is sitting in the chair next to the door at this point  - the 360 may be leaving this year as well, depending on BC with XboxNext / if it stinks and I end up going PS4 (though Orbis has yet to excite me).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 02:34:18 AM »

Quote from: Purge on March 03, 2013, 02:20:08 AM

Quote from: Azhag on March 03, 2013, 12:57:35 AM

Like what?

My PS3 is sitting in the chair next to the door at this point  - the 360 may be leaving this year as well, depending on BC with XboxNext / if it stinks and I end up going PS4 (though Orbis has yet to excite me).

Last of us
Beyond two souls
God of war
Many others too, I'm at work now and can't think of them.
I'm trying to not buy anything else for ps3 besides a few. I want a ps4 at launch and I've got a ps3 backlog to clear out still!

Multiplatform games on ps3.

Tomb raider, bioshock etc as well.

Ps3 is alive and kicking still.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 03:50:15 AM »

Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls, Tales of Xillia, The Last Guardian (hah, maybe PS4), maybe God of War. Already played No Ni Kuni as a new exclusive since I got it in December.

Plenty of games I haven't played yet too from the past that were exclusive
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 03:51:08 AM »

Gears of War Judgment in 17 days!
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 05:10:31 AM »

Yeah, I played the last two Gears with friends and would be willing to get the new one, but apparently they're still happy with GOW 3 (I tired a long time ago).
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 03, 2013, 03:50:15 AM

Last of Us, Beyond 2 Souls, Tales of Xillia, The Last Guardian (hah, maybe PS4), maybe God of War. Already played No Ni Kuni as a new exclusive since I got it in December.

Plenty of games I haven't played yet too from the past that were exclusive

Yep. In fact this is the one and only time I've heard people say "there is no reason to have a ps3 at this time in its life cycle".

There's a first for everything!;)
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 08:15:09 AM »

Don't understand why you would get rid, hardly worth anything to be sold. Generally I find the 360 versions are better than the PS3 ones (always enjoy the digital foundry reviews). I mean it could be GTA 5 is a lot better on one than the other who knows.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on March 03, 2013, 08:15:09 AM

Generally I find the 360 versions are better than the PS3 ones

I don't think this has been true for the last couple of years, though I might be mistaken. There was a noticeable gap between 360 and PS3 cross-platform games early on in this generation, but this has disappeared (or even gone the other way in some cases) over time.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 01:33:37 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 03, 2013, 11:32:15 AM

Quote from: Reemul on March 03, 2013, 08:15:09 AM

Generally I find the 360 versions are better than the PS3 ones

I don't think this has been true for the last couple of years, though I might be mistaken. There was a noticeable gap between 360 and PS3 cross-platform games early on in this generation, but this has disappeared (or even gone the other way in some cases) over time.

Well digital foundry reviews (eurogamer site) rarely find the ps3 better than the xbox so it's either nothing in it or xbox.

Like I said hardly worth getting rid of either tbh as they arent worth much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: