http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 04:53:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any "must have" Wii games?  (Read 1019 times)
JCC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 12:29:06 AM »

Super Paper Mario is basically a hybrid somewhere in between the other Paper Mario games and the Mario platformers. It does have more RPG elements than a typical Mario game. I thought it was a solid B title. Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door (Gamecube) is superb. You can also get the original Paper Mario (N64) from the Virtual Console. I didn't think it was nearly as good as 1000 year door myself, and never finished it.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »

And I totally forgot that Super Paper Mario existed!

Wow, what a flustercuck.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2012, 02:17:50 AM »

Oh, a few other games:

Little King's Story is excellent. It's an RTS/RPG hybrid about a king who has to gather troops, build up his town and conquer the other kings while discovering what's causing the mysterious earthquakes plaguing the world. Highly recommended. GT Review written by yours truly (even though it says Ron wrote it, but whatevs) right here.

If you haven't played Dead Space: Extraction on an HD system and can get it for cheap, do so. It's an on-rails shooter with some truly shocking, impressive moments.

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor is excellent too. It's a cross between an on-rails shooter and an action game. It reminds me of the flying sections of Kid Icarus: Uprising without the attendant hand cramps.

Finally, Zack & Wiki can be bought for super-cheap, usually less than $10. Yes, it has some Wiimote waggle in it, but even Yahtzee thought it was all right before he turned into a total Wii-hater.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: